• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another player lost

A

Ally Oop

For those of you who knew him Longwalker, Vanyer, Venomus Gopher. Dark Maulwarf, Faustulus and Fletcher. I recieved a message from is finacee that he has passed away today. I have known him for a long time and counted him as a good friend.
I know I will miss him and also all those in SCB.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recognize some of the nicknames...you, the SCB and his family all have my deepest condolences and prayers!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gopher is gone? What happened? Was he sick or was it something unexpected?

M

Moonwynd

Didn't know him but I do believe our paths may have crossed a few times. Sorry to hear about his passing. My deepest sympathy to his family.

A

Ally Oop

I know a few years ago he had a heartattack. Claylean didnt say how. She was on his icq and didnt know the people he had been in contact with.
The following is the message I recieved from her.

Ella, it's Jim's fiancee' Claylean. I just wanted to let you know that Jim passed away today. alot of the names on his ICQ I don't recognize, so could you pass the word to his Ultima friends for me. Thank you. He really enjoyed playing with all of you.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's awful. My thoughts are with his family. I didn't see him often, but on the occasions I did, he made me feel right at home, like we had known each other for years. He'll be missed.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry to hear this news. I only met him in passing in game, but to those of you who knew him best I give you my deepest condolences and his family will be in prayers.

B

Branwyn of Errol

A dark pigeon appeared on in my window this morning. It was exhausted from its flight from Scara Brea in Catskills to Gilfane in Siege Perilous. It brought news of the passing of a dear old friend and mentor from the land of mortals.
Like me he had several guises in Sosaria Catskills, but I knew him first as Longwalker and he knew me as Barefoot Princess back in the days before the rift in the world gave rise to Trammel and Felucca. He was a good friend to the Lady of the House of Rosmar and Lord Hunter. Though he remained aloof from guilds as far as membership, he was always ready to come on a hunt or tell jokes in a tavern with us. His landmrk sandstone vendor house on the road to Brit from Scara dates from the time of the birth of Trammel. Many citizens have shopped there until he "retired" late last year.
When the Rosmars departed for Camelot and we formed the fellowship of Senior Citizens of Britannia, his various manifestations were charter members and for a long time our guildhouse was across the road from his shop. He retired from merchandising when his brother Lord Goober left the land for Middle Earth and those of us remaining then moved to old Kinship hoping to restore our original home town.
As you know, our experiment failed and Kinship was still for the most part a ghost town. So I took a contingent and we resettled in Gilfane on Siege Perilous as House Silverwood, while Ally Oop remained in Cats and took over as SCB GM. Longwalker always sighed that he moved too slowly to cope with life in a new land, but he was known to have visited his old friends on Cats to chat with them and to send pigeons to me now and again.
We in SCB will deeply miss him and all who new him or met him will agree that he was a humble and noble soul who enriched the game with his presence. As I closed my eyes to rest a bit this afternoon I saw a hazy vision of Longwalker and Grog riding off together to do what they enjoyed-have fun-in a never ending adventure with no lag ever. And to those of us they left behind, who still have to deal with occasional lag issues, I am certain we honor their memory by doing the same and by following their example of being good neighbors to each other.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
To those of the SCB, I'm sorry for your loss. I saw Gopher at several of the hunt nites and I know you will feel the hole in your lives deeply. Know that my thoughts are with you and the family. Rejoice in the time he touched your lives and carry your memories of the fun you had with you always.

A

Ally Oop

I have recieved an email from Claylean with this information:
Thank you Ella for letting the Ultima friends know about Jim. If you would like to see his obituary it is at www.snyderfuneralhomes.com
Claylean

His name is James C McMullen

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ally Oop, thank you for informing us of his passing. Branwyn of Errol when my time comes I hope that someone writes something as beautiful as what you did for him.

****The extreme wind blew hard across the lands, carrying with it not only the beginning of the changing seasons, but it also carried away memories of people known and loved. It is not in our power to change seasons, nor to keep those in the world that we would never wish lost. I feel the ache of when Sosaria losses one of its most treasured people, and I think to myself how they would want me to feel. Looking down I do hurt, and will smile when I remember the good times shared. Never forget, but don't carry the pain too long. Loved ones would want you to be happy. *Lights a candle, and sets it in the window* Farewell my friend.****

I have never experienced the community that is built around Ultima Online in any other MMORPG. It amazes me what the game is for a lot of people. I lost my Grandfather a couple weeks ago, he never played a computer game in his life. But when we loose a loved one or a close friend it does make you stop for a moment.
I try very hard not to share with anyone of my medical conditions. I prefer people to just enjoy the moment that I am in game with me. But if that day comes for me, sooner than later, then don't be sad, for I am glad to have known all of you.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I did not know him, But I am sorry for your loss :(

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****After visiting the the tavern across the road from the late Longwalker, I made a trip to the great library found in Moonglow. It was deep within its walls that I uncovered the Sosarian Registry, a collection of every soul within the realm of the known world. An artists sketch of a man once known as Longwalker showed a very developed person.

Placing a pigeon feather in the folds of the book marking the memory of Longwalker, may he always find his way home. "Rest in peace my friend."****