• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another High Seas request

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
High Seas has a lot of potential that BS and EA could exploit. Honestly making the firing of cannons more efficient would be one thing, making the things needed would be another making fuse cords and Potash are just to time consuming the whole process should be charcoal easy. Perhaps leave making black powder as is as the alchemy gains for less than GM are worthwhile. Once the basic Time Sink of getting ready to fire cannons is shortened I think a lot more folks would find high seas more worthwhile. The whole deal of I want to log in spend a hour sailing around either hunting a few pirates or being a pirate hitting merch ships is fun........ But nope wait I am down to 10 fuse cords so I have to spend that hour making fuse cords........ Ahh well I will log in next time and actually do what I want......... I would be cool with hiring a NPC to work the cannons and them have some commands like fire port side, fire front, fire stern. A lot easier to set command macros than it is to set the whole process macros. A lot of room for new content in high seas and has a unique setting for some epic pvp naval battles. But to the main topic why don't cannons have the color of the metal they are made from?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seconded 1000x. Boat pvp is a HELL of a lot of fun, and that's on old school small boats. Using the newer ones with the cannons and stuff would be even better.
I have images in my head of two fleets meeting say 10-12 ships on each side and slugging out in total chaos. The big brit ships dropping passing broad sides and the tokuno ships dodging in and out , while the garg mid level ships hit and draw fire. And then I remember I am reloading to scuttle another merch or pirate ship :(

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord