• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another blah Halloween that smacks of little effort

• Thread starter Prince Caspian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
P

Prince Caspian

Really, devs. How much longer are you gonna serve us leftovers from previous years?

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey the mindset of some around here, we should be so lucky that the devs of this amazingly wonderful game graced us with the privileged of letting us replay old content for new no thought rewards..

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry, I thought the skeletons in the graveyard giving your bones was brand new this year? I certainly don't remember doing it before.

L

lancelot99

Day 3 of the Graveyard event and the Graveyards are mostly empty again.. i guess there is only so much fun to be had making silly named characters for bones (but i guess it appeals to the younger players). I feel, while the event was-is fun, it could have been part of a longer quest chain, just seems over a month is far too long for little content.
I'm sure people will flame back with 'I have never had so much fun that killing a skeleton with Dem bones name or yo'mammas bones name etc...'' but each to their own i guess.

P

Prince Caspian

I'm sorry, I thought the skeletons in the graveyard giving your bones was brand new this year? I certainly don't remember doing it before.
Ah, right. Let's applaud the devs for the 15 minutes it took them to do that. No Halloween event quest, no changes to trick or treating (again), same pumpkins, and a few tweaked sprites.

And before we get the "well be thankful you got anything" posts, maybe the devs should be thankful I'm paying them for my subscription fees so they'll keep me entertained. This isn't charity.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Isn't there supposed to be a new spawn too? For Halloween...or was that for something else...too much new stuff I get them confused!

AND considering the fact that I wasn't around for the past few Halloweens...and didn't have GM Begging...STILL don't have GM Begging but I'm workin on it! It's NICE to have a chance to get the things I wasn't able to.

Anyway....it's true the saying you can't please everyone....I understand your frusteration Prince Caspian but if you look to the horizon I see good things coming. I would rather a few minor Halloween additions so that the team has more time to focus on other, more important issues...like the upcoming big bug fix patch...and coronation of our new King...which is HUGE....at least to me.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Ah, right. Let's applaud the devs for the 15 minutes it took them to do that. No Halloween event quest, no changes to trick or treating (again), same pumpkins, and a few tweaked sprites.

And before we get the "well be thankful you got anything" posts, maybe the devs should be thankful I'm paying them for my subscription fees so they'll keep me entertained. This isn't charity.
For me it's my first Halloween event - for you i have kinda an advise: If you dont like it, dont play it :lick:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prince Caspian complaining, now that is true unoriginality.
Seriously though, I don't remember the last time they had these skeletons and a lot of people are enjoying it, so in that context I would say this is a sucessful halloween. You don't like it then fine, let the other people enjoy it.

Last edited:
L

lancelot99

Well, it's something for the children :), Can't imagine many Adults getting more than a brief 5 minute chuckle renaming bones to something a little rude.

hongkongwong

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So with you there, totally disappointed.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you can put together the coding, artwork and all else involved in doing something like that in 15 minutes, please contact EA, I'm sure they'd be delighted to take you up on it.
Actually, you're paying your subscription in order to be able to connect to the servers.
If you want 'more for halloween' please let them know which other aspect of the game they should neglect in order to spend more time on this holiday event?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same here very desappointed... deco are easy to create, they could create some everyday , compared to dread mare which need knowledge to create or that conj trinket or garb which needed some work to put ingame, here the masks and bones are pretty much some easy pixels, for a 15th halloween I say it again, desappointed !

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you can put together the coding, artwork and all else involved in doing something like that in 15 minutes, please contact EA, I'm sure they'd be delighted to take you up on it.
Actually, you're paying your subscription in order to be able to connect to the servers.
If you want 'more for halloween' please let them know which other aspect of the game they should neglect in order to spend more time on this holiday event?
ridiculous user requests such as bringing out a client that 3/4 the user population does not want, or the art enhancements... What about the boosters.. ( oh yeah they cut those out already ) or how about the new player experience ( oh that's gone too ) or how about the extensive work to new mag ( oh that ones a goner two ) or all the work they are putting into the high seas to add some meaningful content ( nope nothing here ) Tell me what they are actually working on ( that they are releasing besides dungeon revamps ) and then Ill know what I have to pick from to ask them to stop working on.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dang it Petra, you took the words right out of my mouth.... What she said: ^^^^^^^^
:rant2:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ridiculous user requests such as bringing out a client that 3/4 the user population does not want, or the art enhancements... What about the boosters.. ( oh yeah they cut those out already ) or how about the new player experience ( oh that's gone too ) or how about the extensive work to new mag ( oh that ones a goner two ) or all the work they are putting into the high seas to add some meaningful content ( nope nothing here ) Tell me what they are actually working on ( that they are releasing besides dungeon revamps ) and then Ill know what I have to pick from to ask them to stop working on.
You want to know what they are working on then go back and read through the producers letter and look at the video of the recent town hall meeting. They aren't hiding their plans, all you need to do is keep an open ear (or eye). It has already been mentioned that their big goal is to squash out numerous bugs.And I think a lot more than 1/4 enjoy the new client and better art enchancements, a lot more, unless you're suggesting you represent 3/4 of the player-base, lol

Last edited:
L

lancelot99

''And I think a lot more than 1/4 enjoy the new client, a lot more, unless you're suggesting you represent 3/4 of the player-base''

Sadly, with the emptiness of most shards, he very well could be hehe

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You want to know what they are working on then go back and read through the producers letter and look at the video of the recent town hall meeting. They aren't hiding their plans, all you need to do is keep an open ear (or eye). It has already been mentioned that their big goal is to squash out numerous bugs.And I think a lot more than 1/4 enjoy the new client and better art enchancements, a lot more, unless you're suggesting you represent 3/4 of the player-base, lol
I can find poles on stratics that support my claim... Not that it is worth my time mind you.

Also my post didn't say anything about them 'hiding' anything. It does say they talk about doing all this stuff then set on it for months then we never hear or see it again... And if we do, its 1/2 implemented bug ridden and crap filled and we are lucky to get a patch to fix it, but yet you have trust they can fix every or even 1/10th of the bugs in this game... From what I see when they try to fix bugs, they just create 10x more problems then they had... Look at faction change attempts over the past year.

Last edited:

KupalaUO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

Well at least the events are better in UO then in for example, WoW? Where all the holiday events litteraly are the same year after year with no change what so ever :) So yeah i think the UO team actually put in more effort then some others :)