• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anniversary Gifts Revisited

• Thread starter imported_SimTripps
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_SimTripps

I know this subject has been exhausted to death, however I'm wondering if anyone has received any ann. gifts in the last couple of weeks. My account was due in October, but never received.

Also, any news on what was decided for the 4th year gift? Luc claimed they were working on it in the blog. Will we have to wait until the launch of EA Land before it's given out? Just curious.... Cheers

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Last I heard the system was bugged because some people were not receiving their gifts. As I understand it, the system was turned off until they can work out the kinks. Perhaps this new entitlement feature in TC3 is one of the kinks being worked out. I don't expect to see anniversary gifts delivered until EALand is operational and we are all using the new code and enhanced systems.

G

only TC3 is not receiving gifts. As names received his in BF and AV

G

<blockquote><hr>

I know this subject has been exhausted to death, however I'm wondering if anyone has received any ann. gifts in the last couple of weeks. My account was due in October, but never received.

Also, any news on what was decided for the 4th year gift? Luc claimed they were working on it in the blog. Will we have to wait until the launch of EA Land before it's given out? Just curious.... Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]
My understanding is that it was turned off in TC3 due to the ubiquitous 'technical problems'. There was no mention of disabling it in production cities (that I am aware of).

G

My second account received campfires within the past two weeks in the old cities. None in TC3 because it's been shut off for whatever reason.

K

Karma Sutra

<blockquote><hr>

My second account received campfires within the past two weeks in the old cities. None in TC3 because it's been shut off for whatever reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, same here... however, it coulda been 2 months ago that I got em (in production cities, not TC3) since it's rare that I log into the game.

Wait, with that said, no idea if I got one in TC3... I haven't been there in forever... I just logged into the game to check if I'd gotten the campfire yet about a week ago, and it was there for my sims in BF and JP.

And I'm not gonna go anywhere near TC3 to check... all this reading I've done at this forum of all the problems to get there... uh, no thanx!

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

If it happens it happens...I don't really care either way tho. Anniversary gifts mean nothing to me. Anymore.

Sowwy

G

I've heard it was turned off due multiple avatars, beacuse if I had a 2 sims in TC3 and I would turn 1year next day I would recieve 2 pet statues or something like that.

I

imported_Spacey

I wish we could get hints on the 4th year gift... like they used to give us. Or just give me another tree!

J

JRock

I realized that I did not receive my 1 yr. anniversary gift. Everytime I ask the customer service reps, they keep saying that they are aware of the problem and are currently investigating it. I keep hearing that other people are receiving theirs but I have yet to receive mine. I don't know where else to get help.

J

JRock

Ok. I just saw this post. I should have read a bit more before I posted. Thanks.

I

imported_SimTripps

Maybe when they turned off the allocation of anniversary gifts in TC3, they turned it off for all cities? Two accts. of mine are overdue, and haven't received....

G

4th year? hell its almost time for our 5th year gift so they had better be working on 2 gifts, not just the 4th year!

G

<blockquote><hr>

4th year? hell its almost time for our 5th year gift so they had better be working on 2 gifts, not just the 4th year!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. We are working on 2 gifts. I'm sorry that this is taking so long, guys.

H

Heidi14663

While we are on the Subject of Anniversary Gifts. Can you believe that I accidentally deleted my brand new Mystic Tree?
Broken hearted to say the least!
What a Blonde!!! Ugh!!!

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats a year between friends?

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yey! Go Pari!

N

NightFlyer

With 2 years in the making I expect the 4th year Achievement Award will be something really special!

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

With 2 years in the making I expect the 4th year Achievement Award will be something really special!

[/ QUOTE ]

C

caroleatdesigns

And what about the Simmys that vanished ump-dee-ump ago.

I

imported_Shirl1211

I don't know what TSO is planning as far as ann. gifts. My 4th year was due in April but never was given. Maybe it is being held up due to the upcoming changes in the game. It kind of bums me out because nobody seems to know what it is or if there will even be one. Alot of people speculate but until I see it for myself or hear it from TSO i'll just hang around and craft away..:)

V

vapd3317

Parizad stated that they were working on 2 of the anniversary gifts. I think she was referring to the 4th and 5th year ones, and apologized for the delay. So it appears they are working on this fix. Its good to know they are giving it consideration and effort.

I

imported_Shirl1211

Thank you for that info VAPD. It will be fun to see what we get this time around. I've enjoyed every gift so far and am really looking forward to whatever surprise they have in store for..Thx again!!

T

Tristan Lewis

My Question to you is, If the anniversary gifts are going to become obsolete then what does it really matter if all the avatars per acct get gifts in TC3?

I

imported_Shirl1211

I suppose I consider them as a collector item for time invested in the game. Even if it has no use in gameplay , it is still nice to recieve. It's really not anymore different then the founders flags. They will be useless as well but still nice to have.

V

vapd3317

For a short while, trees in TC3 have been disabled. When we allowed players to create more than one sim in that city, we found that sims in all servers were not receiving their anniversary gifts. So we temporarily disabled anniversary gifts from being handed out in TC3 so that it would fix the problem in other cities.

*** this was taken from a previous posting by Milton in which I believe he was quoting Parizad ***

This was a previous post regarding the anniversary gifts, and only applies to TC3. As you can see, Anniversary gifts are not becoming obsolete. The trees in TC3 were only temporarily disabled to fix a bug.

This is actually another posting that was given from Rizzo;

Parizad Stated:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trees are not going to change. With the direction that the game is going, we might find that a lot of players won't even want to skill. Those that do, can still reap the rewards of the trees.

For a short while, trees in TC3 have been disabled. When we allowed players to create more than one sim in that city, we found that sims in all servers were not receiving their anniversary gifts. So we temporarily disabled anniversary gifts from being handed out in TC3 so that it would fix the problem in other cities.

The players in TC3 WILL get their anniversary gifts, even if they were due to receive it during the black out period.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K

Keep It Real

*TTL*

Since the subscriber bonus has now been linked to the oldest sim on our TC3 accounts, how about issuing gifts to that sim also. I really don't think people are expecting a gift for each sim in TC3 on a single account are they?

G

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

Since the subscriber bonus has now been linked to the oldest sim on our TC3 accounts, how about issuing gifts to that sim also. I really don't think people are expecting a gift for each sim in TC3 on a single account are they?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well............ not any more.
Thanks a lot.

I

imported_SimTripps

Maybe the 1st sim created in TC3 on that acct. gets the gift? Not sure how easy this would be to do in terms of coding....

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO....thats what I'm here for.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO....thats what I'm here for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if that's keeping it real, then keep it to yourself.

M

Meggers

What about gifts we already should have gotten? I have an account that is due the 2 year gift TREE. Actually it's past due. When will we be getting those if ever?

N

NightFlyer

TTL

Per Luc the 4th year Achievement Award will be out in Jan. (only 1 year and one month late) and the 5th year...after that. One can only guess how long after that. Still no hints. Good thing I wasn't holding my breath.

Makes me wonder how we will get anything new if it takes them well over a year to create one object (as Parizad stated last year they were working on this prior to anniversary date last year). This must be some complex object!

No wonder they are pushing CC. Let the players do the work.