• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Animated legs

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm (still) planning and collecting resources for a new sampire suit with studded leather, maybe some chainmail (I don't have the runics for woodland). I have enough minax points for the equivalents of crimson cincture and mace and shield glasses to start with. I'm wondering if it's worth it to go totally broke to buy animated legs of the insane tinker, if I can even find them for sale (slither seems out of the question at this point). Without the animated legs, can I make up the difference enhancing, reforging, imbuing the other pieces? Is that theoretically possible, given the time and resources? If not, what would I be giving up? I'm not expert enough to do the calculations to answer this question. Thanks to those who have more experience in this.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't rate the tinker legs much. You can definitely make a decent sampire suit without them.

I use studded leather with mace and shield glasses. Then reforge either 5DCI or 5HCI onto each part. I then imbue stamina inc, mana inc, and 8LMC. This then leaves you a free imbuing slot on each part to bump up resists or maybe some HPI.

Jewels I go for some HCI, DCI, DI.

What weapon are you planning on using?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't rate the tinker legs much. You can definitely make a decent sampire suit without them.

I use studded leather with mace and shield glasses. Then reforge either 5DCI or 5HCI onto each part. I then imbue stamina inc, mana inc, and 8LMC. This then leaves you a free imbuing slot on each part to bump up resists or maybe some HPI.

Jewels I go for some HCI, DCI, DI.

What weapon are you planning on using?
Thanks, DJAd. I'll probably have to redo all my weapons too, since I dropped DI on them to 25 because that's all I needed to get 100. I've been using katanas and radiant scimitars but will probably make more 2-handed weapons next time around. I was planning to make the best suit and jewels I can and then remake the weapons to fill in what's needed, if that doesn't sound backward. As far as sampire template, I have 120 bushido, swords and tactics, 115 anatomy, 100 necro, 80 chiv, 65 parry - with 120 parry and 115 resist on soulstones if needed

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was planning to make the best suit and jewels I can and then remake the weapons to fill in what's needed, if that doesn't sound backward.
I always choose the weapon I will be using first. This is because you can then workout how much stamina / swing speed you will need. Then make the suit around this.

For example I use longswords and radiant scimitars. Longsword is similar to the katana (armor ignore special move) and the radiant scimitar has the whirlwind attack.

To hit with my longsword at max speed (1.25s) I need 180 stamina and 35 SSI. I have 190 stamina on my suit and 5 SSI on my ring. I then imbue 30 SSI onto my weapon.

With a katana its a bit easier. You only need 150 stamina and NO SSI to get max speed. Same goes for the radiant scimitar.

Use this SSI CALC to help you. I'm not sure if there is a more recent one on another website.

I see alot of people also using the bladed staffs (2 hander) and double axes. I've started making some staffs myself to try out. I do miss the ability to chug a cheeky refresh pot when using them though.

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks, DJAd. I'll probably have to redo all my weapons too, since I dropped DI on them to 25 because that's all I needed to get 100. I've been using katanas and radiant scimitars but will probably make more 2-handed weapons next time around. I was planning to make the best suit and jewels I can and then remake the weapons to fill in what's needed, if that doesn't sound backward. As far as sampire template, I have 120 bushido, swords and tactics, 115 anatomy, 100 necro, 80 chiv, 65 parry - with 120 parry and 115 resist on soulstones if needed
Also, I'll add that what I'd like to end up is more mana and LMC - maybe also higher resists with refinements.
Right now my sampire is wearing prismatic lenses and tangle, with 2 studded armor and 3 plate pieces
Resists 70-70-68-70-74 in vamp form
138 HP, 157 stamina, 58 mana before potions
LMC 43, DCI 40, HCI 45, DI 100, HLD 30
My armor requires 15 HCI on all my swords, which I understand is not ideal - swords also have 65 or 60 HML, 40 or HSL, 25 DI, and either slayer or hit area

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I always choose the weapon I will be using first. This is because you can then workout how much stamina / swing speed you will need. Then make the suit around this.

I see alot of people also using the bladed staffs (2 hander) and double axes. I've started making some staffs myself to try out. I do miss the ability to chug a cheeky refresh pot when using them though.
Speaking as one who uses EC client, couldn't you make a fast macro to switch to a one-hander to chug a potion, then switch back to 2 hander?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

For example I use longswords and radiant scimitars. Longsword is similar to the katana (armor ignore special move) and the radiant scimitar has the whirlwind attack.

To hit with my longsword at max speed (1.25s) I need 180 stamina and 35 SSI. I have 190 stamina on my suit and 5 SSI on my ring. I then imbue 30 SSI onto my weapon.

----

I guess you're right, now that you mention it, I was looking at some of my slayers but do use a longsword with 30 SSI against bosses like Baracoon and the archers I can solo under Blackthorn because of the AI. I might be low on stamina, though - a refresh potion bumps it up to 174. You have 190 stamina without potions?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess you're right, now that you mention it, I was looking at some of my slayers but do use a longsword with 30 SSI against bosses like Baracoon and the archers I can solo under Blackthorn because of the AI. I might be low on stamina, though - a refresh potion bumps it up to 174. You have 190 stamina without potions?
Yep, 190 stamina no pots. I run 150 strength and 150 dex and then have +40 stamina on my suit.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking as one who uses EC client, couldn't you make a fast macro to switch to a one-hander to chug a potion, then switch back to 2 hander?
I have tried this a few times but yet to find the perfect setup. I found I needed to have a 1 second delay between switching, and then again when switching back. Now you mention it I shall have to look into this a bit more.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, 190 stamina no pots. I run 150 strength and 150 dex and then have +40 stamina on my suit.
Awesome. See, now you're getting at one of the reasons I'm looking at a new suit :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome. See, now you're getting at one of the reasons I'm looking at a new suit :)
Yeah its nice to have a bit over what I need in case my stamina starts to drop. I'm running studded leather so get the 55LMC which is also nice. I can back to back AI without any real issues.

Actually I just finished making my new Barracoon slayer which is also a bladed staff.

What shard do you play on Yadd?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah its nice to have a bit over what I need in case my stamina starts to drop. I'm running studded leather so get the 55LMC which is also nice. I can back to back AI without any real issues.

Actually I just finished making my new Barracoon slayer which is also a bladed staff.

What shard do you play on Yadd?
Nice life and mana leeches. I guess you don't need stamina leech at all with your setup?
I'm on Legends (Yadd of Legends :). Yadd is a T hunter tamer. My sampire is Yadnum, who also runs as archer.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nice life and mana leeches. I guess you don't need stamina leech at all with your setup?
I'm on Legends (Yadd of Legends :). Yadd is a T hunter tamer. My sampire is Yadnum, who also runs as archer.
Whoops, I just see now you do have stamina leech, sorry

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
DJAd, I hear you saying that spending my last 50M or so for animated legs might not be necessary, since you got a nice suit without it.
Would you mind posting your other stats you get from your armor and jewels, so I know what's possible (total resists, LMC, DCI, HCI, HP, stamina, mana, so forth)?
Also, did you start with mace and shield and make the other pieces?
Are you adding Crimson, Slither?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you mind posting your other stats you get from your armor and jewels, so I know what's possible (total resists, LMC, DCI, HCI, HP, stamina, mana, so forth)?
Also, did you start with mace and shield and make the other pieces?
Are you adding Crimson, Slither?

Sure, I run mace n shield glasses with 5x studded parts. Each part has 8 mana inc, 8 stamina inc and 8 lmc = +40 stam and +40 mana and 40LMC total

Ring: 8dex, 5ssi, 15hci, 15dci, 25di
Brace: 3dex, 8str, 15hci, 15dci, 25di

I use the primer on arms talisman for extra 20DI so then I only need 30DI on my weapon. If I use this it means I only have 135 hit points.

I also have another set of sleeves with 5 HPI and slither which if I use these I can get full 150 hit points. If I use this setup I need 50DI on my weapons which means I have to use the bladed staff to fit all the mods on my weapons.

At the moment im running on the setup with primer on arms and longswords until I've made a full set of bladed staff slayer weapons.

Other arites include: Crimson, Conj garb, Despicable quiver.

2x of the parts have 4 STR reforged onto them giving me an extra 8 strength in total allowing me to hit 150 dex and 150 str.

Below is my character sheets for both setups.

Left is using the primer on arms (less hit points but slightly more damage) - longsword weapon
Right is using slither and my other sleeves (max hit points but little less damage) - bladed staff weapon

I think once I have worked out a macro to drop bladed staff and use a potion I will move completely over to the setup as pictured on the right.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sure, I run mace n shield glasses with 5x studded parts. Each part has 8 mana inc, 8 stamina inc and 8 lmc = +40 stam and +40 mana and 40LMC total ...

Thanks, DJAd, nice summary.