• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Animate Dead & Skeletal Dragon

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know what level of Necromancy & Spirit Speak is need to create one? There is also a fame level requirement to. Any clue on what fame level has to be?

I know there was a thread about this on the old Necromancer forum, but the thread fell into oblivon.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If my memory is correct, it is 100 necro and 100 ss.

-OBSIDIAN-

S

Stupid Miner

This is what I've pieced together:

Animate Dead Neco/SS Level makes no difference

Skeletal Dragon: Dragon > 15,000
Abcess
Greater Dragon
Paragon Dragon
Paragon Serpentine Dragon
Ancient Wyrm
Shadow Wyrm
Hiryu
Hydra
Crystal Hydra

Lich Lord: Caster/Fey >= Fame 5
Changeling
Cu Sidhe

Flesh Golem: Fighter (dragon?) >= Fame 5
Dragon
Serpentine Dragon

Lich: Fame 4
Insane Dryad
Pixie

Mummy Fame 3

Skeletal Knight Fame 2

Skeletal Mage Fame 1

Patchwork Skeleton Fame 0

Mound of Maggots All Arachnid

Skeletal Steed Equine < Fame 5
Centaur
Paragon Centaur
Ki-Rin
Unicorn

Hell Steed: Equine >= Fame 5
Paragon Kirin
Paragon Unicorn
Nightmare

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Miner ^^. Pretty much anything with 15,000 fame then I take it.

S

Stupid Miner

Thanks Miner ^^. Pretty much anything with 15,000 fame then I take it.
Er, nope, lol.
Underlined the whole phrase to clarify it.

Kinda strange how patchwork skeletons are much better than everything else until liches.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Try animating a White Wyrm at less than 100 necro & ss. You'll end up with a lesser animate. At 100/100 a white wyrm animates to a skeletal dragon. That's the basis of my skill statement. I think fame does play, but skill does too.

-OBSIDIAN-

S

Stupid Miner

Try animating a White Wyrm at less than 100 necro & ss. You'll end up with a lesser animate. At 100/100 a white wyrm animates to a skeletal dragon. That's the basis of my skill statement. I think fame does play, but skill does too.

-OBSIDIAN-
yep, I'm assuming it's that way for the lower level ones too, every 20/20 giving access to another tier.

Urin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was actually a post on the old boards that explained the mechanics quite thoroughly. I saved the link (http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/...4392668&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1), but it's broken now. Here's the text, which I also fortunately copied.

Today on the Pub20 Test Center I've collected a lot of sample data for animate dead. Looking it over I could see the general algorithm but there were some cases which didn't match up. After a bit more testing, it turned out to be quite simple. Here's how it works:

As noted on the Necromancer spell details page, there are 5 different 'groups' of animates which are based on corpse type. Each animate has a 'requirement' level, which I'll explain after the list.

Group 1 (default):
18000: Lich Lord
10000: Flesh Golem
5000: Lich
3000: Skeletal Knight, Bone Knight
2000: Mummy
1000: Skeletal Mage, Bone Mage
0: Patchwork Skeleton

Group 2 (dragons):
18000: Skeletal Dragon
10000: Flesh Golem
5000: Lich
3000: Skeletal Knight, Bone Knight
2000: Mummy
1000: Skeletal Mage, Bone Mage
0: Patchwork Skeleton

Group 3 (insects, terathans -are- included):
0: Mound of Maggots (always)

Group 4 (elementals):
5000: Wailing Banshee
0: Wraith

Group 5 (horses, nightmares, firesteeds, ki-rins, unicorns):
10000: Hellsteed
0: Skeletal Steed

The value next to each animate determines if it's chosen. Let's see how it works:

First, a value which I'll call 'casterAbility' is calculated:

casterAbility = ((30% of necroSkill) + (70% of spiritSkill)) * 180

For example, let's plug in some numbers:

Necro Spirit Ability
120.0 120.0 21,600
100.0 100.0 18,000
60.0 60.0 10,800
40.0 0.0 2,430

As you might have guessed, this number is then referenced into the lists above. There is, however, one more step. This 'casterAbility' value may never exceed the dead creatures fame. Put another way, you cannot animate higher than the corpse is powerful.

if ( casterAbility > corpseFame )
casterAbility = corpseFame;

An example of this:

A necromancer at 100 necromancy and 100 spirit speak (casterAbility = 18,000) raises a Wisp corpse. Wisps have 4,000 fame, so casterAbility becomes 4,000. That value is then referenced into the animates table and we see it'll turn into a skeletal knight.

Often it's easier to understand by example, so let's see what would happen when a 100nec, 80ss necromancer tried to animate a balron corpse:

Step 1: Compute caster ability:

casterAbility = ((30% of 100.0) + (70% of 80.0)) * 180
casterAbility = ((30) + (56)) * 180
casterAbility = (86) * 180 = 15,480

Step 2: Make sure casterAbility does not exceed corpseFame.

casterAbility = 15,480
corpseFame = 24,000
Is casterAbility > corpseFame? No, so continue on to step 3

Step 3: Look up casterAbility in the animates table:

casterAbility = 15,480
Is casterAbility >= 18,000? No. Skip Lich Lord, check next
Is casterAbility >= 10,000? Yes. Pick Flesh Golem

That's all there is to it. Also, a complete and accurate list of creature fame values can be found here: http://guide.uo.com/bestiary.html

How long do animates last?

It depends on the animate. Every 1.65 seconds the animate loses a single hit point. When it reaches 0 it dies. As such, the stronger the animate is (more HP) the longer it will last. A byproduct of this is that when two equal creatures--one animated and one not--are fighting, the one that's not animated will win.

Here's a table of the approximate min and max durations for each animate:

Animate Name Min Max
Skeletal Dragon 18:34 19:55
Lich Lord 8:19 10:04
Mummy 6:55 7:23
Hellsteed 6:41 7:19
Bone Knight 3:55 4:59
Flesh Golem 3:31 3:59
Lich 3:25 3:59
Wailing Banshee 2:31 2:59
Mound of Maggots 2:01 2:19
Patchwork Skeleton 1:55 2:23
Bone Mage 1:31 1:59
Wraith 1:31 1:59
Skeletal Steed 1:21 1:39

Urin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A remaining question is whether player skills (nec/ss) have any effect on those of the animate.

S

Stupid Miner

A remaining question is whether player skills (nec/ss) have any effect on those of the animate.
They don't, you can lore them on test center. Stats are the same as the wild version's stats.