• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

and now we shall see

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Jersey

minus two degrees here this morning, not sure we got past 15 all day

cold, yes

X

XGod of UOX

lol i live in brooklyn ny its preety cold my brother lives in nj

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Casca made a pretty convincing presentation (aside from, as noted, standing on a high pedistal over the people).

If he's just commented about needing to stamp out dupers, I think I would have been convinced.

(unfortunatlely in the aftermath I accidently mashed the secret magic key combination to make KR's UI disappear and ended up spending about 10 minutes figuring out what I had done)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it seems that Casca is a politician, after all.... in his vision for a better Sosaria for all there will be new taxes, harsher penalties and conscription... I confess that I missed some of the speech (hint, do not stand directly next to that very tall podium) and may very well have not heard the parts that spoke of brotherhood and peace for all citizens... I believe I will ask my cousin Ynise to attend his speech today, as she is elf, like him, and may understand some nuances that I did not catch

Sherry the Mouse, who has not been seen since the massacre at Castle British, came scurrying out from under the bushes to express her thoughts after the speech, and we also met a concerned Paladin from Luna

confusing times for us here on Legends, to be sure....

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*listens for news of how this evening's edition of the event went*

(I had a gettogether with some present/past coworkers to commiserate over some real-world stuff)

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too missed the first part of his speech due to that same podium, but I had to admit I was impressed with what he had to say. He's very good, very smooth talking. I'd have believed him if I didn't honestly believe he's working for / being controlled by the Shadowlords.

On a high note, I got to meet the Legends EM's before the speech, and was very impressed, they're both very nice. After the speech we all met back at the councilors guild to discuss the speech and the ramifications. We had a couple of (em?) visitors which made things all the more fun.

That talk of citizens having to provide supplies for the king and his miitary bothered me, I can barely keep up with resources for myself, let alone attempt to help supply an army. He also said he would press ordinary citizens into service for the military, and I didn't like that at all. It's one thing to ask us to help defend the cities, that we do willingly, but to be forced to serve in his military does not sit well with me.

We have always been free to speak our mind, and critize our council when they make a bad decision, but tonight he said anyone speaking against him or his rule would be punished. I do not like the idea of a King who rules through fear. Secretly though, a small but growing band of rebels are growing who are based in Zento, just out of his reach. :)

It was so good to see Sherry again, she hasn't been seen in public since the council murders. We knew she had escaped but we hadn't heard so much as a squeek out of her since. I was very relieved to see her again. It sounds to me like she has the same misgivings about our "king" that I do.