• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

And I am supposed to kill town generals how?

R

Rocklin

So I am trying to kill leaders of the town invasion. I have a pretty damned strong Archer and I keep getting them from 20% to 50% and they teleport back. NO MATTER where I move them the blink off screen and full heal.

I am late to the town invasion thing here, and I know it will end soon. I would like to collect a couple things before it is over. How the hell do I kill anything?

M

Maggie

I hate their teleporting shenanigans too!! stupid generals. I mean they are dexxers, mostly, how they get mage skills?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to make sure you don't drag them too far away from where they spawned - that's what causes them to teleport. With an archer, that means you have to make sure you're circling around instead of drawing them far away. It may also mean that you need to clear out the lesser spawn in an area first so that you don't have too many other things trying to follow you around.

I hope that helps.

R

Rocklin

Only spawn that is up is Magincia, and it's just too packed.

C

Canucklehead73

Well that is an intended feature of the invasions... The idea is that someone canot just lure the "good" monsters away and kill them with ease. You have to fight them AND thier minions... ie bring friends and use teamwork. Or be a provoker. :D

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right template for the right job. I do the invasion spawn with my archer paladin.....................................tamer,LOL. Cu makes for a great meatshield and it X heals. Or dust off that parry dexer for those few that still has one set up for PVM.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The invasions are still going? Is this on every shard? Just wondering because I totally missed the last couple big events...

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The invasions are still going? Is this on every shard? Just wondering because I totally missed the last couple big events...
Depends on the shard, Crazy. On Pacific, Council of Mages has dominated Factions so for all intents and purposes, the event never got started. If the evil factions on your shard capture a town, however, it will trigger an invasion in the corresponding Trammel city.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting...I can kill these solo with a scribe tank mage. Perhaps try a new template if archery isnt working for you?

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I am trying to kill leaders of the town invasion. I have a pretty damned strong Archer and I keep getting them from 20% to 50% and they teleport back. NO MATTER where I move them the blink off screen and full heal.

I am late to the town invasion thing here, and I know it will end soon. I would like to collect a couple things before it is over. How the hell do I kill anything?
Dragons work well against everything except the crimison dragon. A repond slayer is a good tool against generals and the other soligers also. you will use up a lot of arrows so bring plenty. get one or two of your friends to come a long too. however if you spawn the crimson dragon go get lots of friends too help you. you can expect drops from captians lieutents and generals and almost everything drops at least 1000 gold.

G

Green Meanie

ya its the evil factions that cause invasions to start. IMO there should be some kind of reward if the good factions have the sigs too. Not sure what but it hardly gives the good factions a reason to keep the towns other than faction vendors. I know good faction ppl that help the evil factions get the sigs so they can get on there pvm chars and reap the rewards of the invasions