• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"...and for the younger players we have earth elementals and more!"

blinkdog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
...relocated some of the monsters everyone is missing in other areas, and for the younger players we have earth elementals and more!
Would love clarification of this.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is a reaction to all these complaints we have been witnessing. And this is a really positive signal!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would love clarification of this.
You'll see Raiders added to the Brigand Fort between Skara and Yew with Pub 78 for your City Loyalty mob-bashing/arresting pleasure. As far as putting Earth Elementals somewhere....hrmm....

*piles up kegs of blackpowder*

*drops torch*

Oh look, a mine! *grins*

You should see the mine open in the near future!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ohh, this sounds quite interesting.
I am looking forward to see this new mine. ;)

blinkdog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Still no clarification? Just "We've added this and that for new players. GOOD LUCK FINDING THEM NEWBS LOL!"

Last edited:

blinkdog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm just going to keep bumping this until some dev either points out where these relocated monsters are or just admits they were lying.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well hello there mr merry sunshine...
Before you continuously spam this thread over this holiday weekend when everyone is off work why not go take a look at post number 5 in this thread. lol

Last edited:

blinkdog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Wait, that response in the fifth post was supposed to satisfy me? Let me quote the letter to the playerbase again.

"We have revised Despise, placed the artifacts on Siege only on Cora and level 3 in Covetous, relocated some of the monsters everyone is missing in other areas, and for the younger players we have earth elementals and more!"

Tip for Mesanna: You don't get to refer to things in the past tense until you've actually DONE them. Otherwise it's called lying.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We need alot more spawn around the land, smal plots with a few monsters respawning like the Lichs spawn at yew. We have alot of unused forest.
Now I know nothing about the spawn on the trammel facet but the fel facet could need more spawn in the wilderness.

The desert could be changed to have smaler groups of spawn, not the same mixed spawn all over the place.
Same with the swamp, should not be one big mixed spawn, where crafters and young chars have no chance. Make it with several spawns of different levels.
And where did the brigand spawn go, we had in Felucca? First they removed the archers from them and then the whole spawn we had east for Britain. Also Males meed some spawn, that place is so boring and don't forget some red healers on Siege or shines that res reds.

Close to the houses, cows, dears and other spawn young crafters need will be nice, then around the player towns, in the forest/ desert, swamp, make smaller spawn with harder mobs, that drop colored leather, gems and maybe one magic item like in 1-2 level of shame.

Also some gypsy vendor/minter spawn in playertowns away from towns with vendors would be nice, you could use all the non used guard houses for that and give them a few crafting add ons too and maybe a few stall/comunity vendors plot.

To make the communities grow, we need something to bind them together. Right now, players rarely hang around in the player towns like they did in old days.

In old days, they used their local crafters, the young hunted around the town. Reds would show up sometimes (could be warring guild on Trammel facets) and attack and the defenders of the town would try to protect the crafters and the young hunters.

To make that work again, we need the spawn back around the towns and player towns. Dungeons are nice for small and larger groups of players but the overland spawn would be great for the ones with slow connection or not so skilled yet.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait, that response in the fifth post was supposed to satisfy me? Let me quote the letter to the playerbase again.

"We have revised Despise, placed the artifacts on Siege only on Cora and level 3 in Covetous, relocated some of the monsters everyone is missing in other areas, and for the younger players we have earth elementals and more!"

Tip for Mesanna: You don't get to refer to things in the past tense until you've actually DONE them. Otherwise it's called lying.

You asked for clarification on where the spawns were moved/changed and he told us where. Even if it hasn't been completely done yet it still nice to know (such as the mine he referred to). But I guess it wouldn't satisfy someone who is constantly nitpicking and looking for a reason to be displeased.

Last edited:

blinkdog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Even if it hasn't been completely done yet
You mean even if it hasn't been done at all yet, right? Those couple of raiders they plopped down in the old brigand camp have nothing to do with relocating Despise spawn, and nothing to do with new players. Let's review.

Producer publicly states "We have done A, B, and C, and for younger players there is D!"

Player says "I see A and B, but where are C and D?"

Developer pops in and says "We haven't actually done them yet LOL!"

Cheerleader claims it is outrageous for Player to dislike blatant lying.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Orc Dungeon has earth eles, too. If you can get an orcish mask before, you can concentrate on fighting those there. (And to be honest I like the design/look of that dungeon.)

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another cool place to find earth elementals in Ilshenar is the set of three stone huts to the east of Exodus Dungeon, tucked away in a corner.
Speaking of which...Bring back the colored ore elemental spawn there!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Speaking of which...Bring back the colored ore elemental spawn there!
YES! I've heard tales of it, but wasn't around to see it.

Earth Eles and DC Eles can be found in the Desert of Compassion in Trammel (down by the Sphynx for the race change quest)

Though if I'm going to do DC eles I prefer the Sorcerer's Dungeon L2 in the crafting room in Ilshenar, to try for paragons (the hard part there is to get past the blood eles and the lich).