• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) An open letter...

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My dearest Catskills,

It is with both sadness and happiness that I come to you today. I have a bit of good news and some bad news. Let's start with the bad so we can end on a great note.

Some of you may or may not know, I have Cystic Fibrosis. I am 41 years old and to be that old with this disease is a miracle within itself. But the flip side of living this long is that we tend to start to deteriorate as we get older. This has been happening to me for the better part of two years now. Its starting to affect my pancreatic system and my absorption levels are really low. My main problem comes in the deterioration of other organs besides my lungs (which is where CF mostly affects) --- pancreas, liver, kidneys, bladder, and even the skin and eyes.

The one thing I have always wanted to do was leave my husband something that is a part of me and something that I truly enjoy. The Last Prophecy Gaming Organization is exactly that "thing" and it started right here with CoD and with my late husband, who as you know was killed in a truck accident. Well I share it now with my current husband and together.... since CF took my ability to have children... this is our child.

In the last few months I've turned it into a company with its own revenue stream and we have grown to include (as of today) over 1200 gamers worldwide. We have so many chapters in so many different games and we're officially partnered now with ASUS, Amazon, YouTube, Steam, and other game-centered companies. Soon we'll be adding Razer to that list. We're working on a game shop that will have all sorts of titles available for download and also special stores where we sell our partnered items --- like a Republic of Gamers (ASUS) store and a Razer store, etc. Needless to say this is now taking most of our time. It's good for me because it's something I can do from home so I can keep my oxygen on and have easier access to my machines. And something I am doing with my husband; spending time with him is my priority now.

Thus with the combination of my health and my extreme schedule.... you may not see much of me in the way of "events". I am also going to ask someone else maybe @Judas D'arc or @Zuckuss if you can do the schedules for me from here on out. And hopefully maybe even help me manage the UO Catskills page? We're the top FB page for all shards, I'd hate to see that go. I can still help with the posting there if you guys tag me on your events. :)

Sincerely,

~ Lady Pandora

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Pandy,

You have over the years I have known you been a wonderful presence for the Catskills community. Your events have been something I have enjoyed when I can attend them, which sadly, I can do less of these days. You can be proud of all you have set in motion both here, and in you work with your gaming group. I will continue to follow you on facebook will a growing sense of pride in the fact that what you have wrought, began with a thought and a love for Ultima Online.

Your health issues cause me much distress and give me pause to think of how any of us should face life and mortality. And though not a man of deep religious connections, I do believe that there is a higher power that watches over us all. And I know full well that one who has continued to show compassion and love for others as you have in your facebook posts will surely find a measure of peace in time.

Do not be a stranger here or Aedon will feel compelled to dig up every cemetery on Sosaria looking for you. You are always in my thoughts, prayers and hold a special place in my heart.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pandy,

It is difficult to put thoughts into words. Perhaps this is something I will speak with you about one on one. We have all been lucky to live and play in the place you have called "Home" over all these years.

Of course the rest of us will pick up event scheduling and the facebook page. Hopefully us doing so will allow you more opportunities to experience life with those you love, both in and out of the game.

I hope that you will still spend time with us. Your name is forever engraved in Ultima Online, Catskills and more importantly, the many of us whom you have chosen to spend your time with, and that my friend is a lot of people.

Blind Tom the Pirate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My dearest Catskills,

It is with both sadness and happiness that I come to you today. I have a bit of good news and some bad news. Let's start with the bad so we can end on a great note.

Some of you may or may not know, I have Cystic Fibrosis. I am 41 years old and to be that old with this disease is a miracle within itself. But the flip side of living this long is that we tend to start to deteriorate as we get older. This has been happening to me for the better part of two years now. Its starting to affect my pancreatic system and my absorption levels are really low. My main problem comes in the deterioration of other organs besides my lungs (which is where CF mostly affects) --- pancreas, liver, kidneys, bladder, and even the skin and eyes.

The one thing I have always wanted to do was leave my husband something that is a part of me and something that I truly enjoy. The Last Prophecy Gaming Organization is exactly that "thing" and it started right here with CoD and with my late husband, who as you know was killed in a truck accident. Well I share it now with my current husband and together.... since CF took my ability to have children... this is our child.

In the last few months I've turned it into a company with its own revenue stream and we have grown to include (as of today) over 1200 gamers worldwide. We have so many chapters in so many different games and we're officially partnered now with ASUS, Amazon, YouTube, Steam, and other game-centered companies. Soon we'll be adding Razer to that list. We're working on a game shop that will have all sorts of titles available for download and also special stores where we sell our partnered items --- like a Republic of Gamers (ASUS) store and a Razer store, etc. Needless to say this is now taking most of our time. It's good for me because it's something I can do from home so I can keep my oxygen on and have easier access to my machines. And something I am doing with my husband; spending time with him is my priority now.

Thus with the combination of my health and my extreme schedule.... you may not see much of me in the way of "events". I am also going to ask someone else maybe @Judas D'arc or @Zuckuss if you can do the schedules for me from here on out. And hopefully maybe even help me manage the UO Catskills page? We're the top FB page for all shards, I'd hate to see that go. I can still help with the posting there if you guys tag me on your events. :)

Sincerely,

~ Lady Pandora
Did not know about all this hun, and of your need to pull back; but so understand the need. Adrian Monk/ Odd Job and I were just speaking of your absence, and how much we miss you, and she mentioned this posting. We and so many on Cats are indebted to you Pandora for your bringing us all together; especially in th RP community. My love and prayers are with you for healing and sustaining you and your hubby. His grace and peace be yours, Blind Tom/Shenzin/Jhakar

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do pop in now and again but I really am focused on TLP right now. Building a new business that will leave behind this legacy of love --- first of Lucas, now of Jacob. I've been blessed with two amazing soulmates in my life. I focus on that. ;)