• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An open letter to Siege, the new EM and whomever...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We as a community put a lot of effort and tears into building a council. This council included not only the elected Governors but representatives of the two active recognized player townships. We has several meetings and and some few cross words. *chuckles* We just about had it all worked out. Then I dropped the ball.

A series of devastating issues in my personal life took my focus from this project. No physical health problems so no worries there. Enough about that.

I do hope the new EM will work with us as a community. I feel the representatives from the the communities of Safe Haven and Gilfane more than deserve a place at the table. We were working on many ideas and ways to support the shard of Siege Perilous, including player event support by sharing ideas, support and materials. Many other excellent suggestions,ideas were on the table when I failed to follow through.

That being said... I humbly offer my services as a liaison. I hope you will consider my offer. I have good relationships with most everyone here on Siege. I feel I am trusted by all, discounting my recent melt down.

Just know there is a strong community here. It is well represented by the elected Governors and the chosen representatives of our player towns. There are many other strong voices here as well.

Welcome to Siege. I hope to see you tomorrow.

" February's Dev Meet and Greet schedule this month will be Siege Perilous on February 13th at 7pm ET and Mizuho on February 27that 9 am ET. We look forward to seeing everyone there."

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I certainly hope if there is a new EM they take no advice from the crafter noobs of GIL or anyone affiliated with them
Ok. So while you have posted this please enlighten everyone on what advice EMs should take and from whom?

I have yet to see anything constructive from comments like these. If you have any input how about just stating what you would like instead of trashing other people views.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I will be there this evening to record the Meet and Greet for anyone who is unable to attend.

I hope that we can be constructive at this Meeting and bring some good questions and ideas to the team and hopefully our new EM will be in attendance as well.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You know... Gilfane comprises a rather large percentage of Siege's active population. Say 100 different suggestions are made by players of Siege. If 50 of them come from Gilfane, and 50 from 20 other guilds, the sheer odds of the EM's choice coming from Gilfane is numerically high. Period. If a single suggestion is made by many voices, the odds of THAT suggestion being chosen also rises. That doesn't indicate favoritism towards a single guild, but merely an EM trying to do what is best for the majority of a shard's population. If the majority of the currently active population that takes the time to even voice an opinion happens to be in ONE guild, then that is not the EM's fault.

Having said that, I think one of the main goals of the council that is struggling to establish itself is to allow more folks a clear channel to voice suggestions and wishes. If you want to make your voice heard, then you must either join a chorus (Gilfane) or get a megaphone (Council). If you remain silent except to mumble some grumbles, then that is your choice as well.

Sargatanza

Journeyman
I have so many things in mind, but not ready to spell it; i will think how to present it in the best possible way, but sorry, not ready yet, need little more time.

Attachments

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok. So while you have posted this please enlighten everyone on what advice EMs should take and from whom?

I have yet to see anything constructive from comments like these. If you have any input how about just stating what you would like instead of trashing other people views.
Don't comment to him. He can make negative posts like this, but if you try it, he'll tell a mod and get you a warning. It's what he does.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You know... Gilfane comprises a rather large percentage of Siege's active population. Say 100 different suggestions are made by players of Siege. If 50 of them come from Gilfane, and 50 from 20 other guilds, the sheer odds of the EM's choice coming from Gilfane is numerically high. Period. If a single suggestion is made by many voices, the odds of THAT suggestion being chosen also rises. That doesn't indicate favoritism towards a single guild, but merely an EM trying to do what is best for the majority of a shard's population. If the majority of the currently active population that takes the time to even voice an opinion happens to be in ONE guild, then that is not the EM's fault.

Having said that, I think one of the main goals of the council that is struggling to establish itself is to allow more folks a clear channel to voice suggestions and wishes. If you want to make your voice heard, then you must either join a chorus (Gilfane) or get a megaphone (Council). If you remain silent except to mumble some grumbles, then that is your choice as well.
There are also those of us with excellent ideas that simple get ignored because we're not a member of a clique.

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
so, how Dev Meet and Greet works?
Ppl just go there and ask questions? Any sugestion that players gives are really taking in count by the devs ?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
so, how Dev Meet and Greet works?
Ppl just go there and ask questions?
Yes.
If there are many players present the number of questions each player can ask can be limited. Otherwise you pretty much just ask away once you have been "summoned".

Any sugestion that players gives are really taking in count by the devs ?
Can´t say but I would guess that if the suggestion is doable and the devs find it interesting enough it will be.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Any sugestion that players gives are really taking in count by the devs ?
I believe so, at least I feel they do listen.
However if a player are selfish and wish for something good for a few but bad to the game as whole, he/she may not feel they do listen :p
It also matter how hard it is to do.

Biggest problem on Siege is, most times we do not agree much, special when it comes to items and PvP.

Xug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You will never be able to have a single person or group responsible for a whole shard without leaving people out. All it will do it cater to some while creating more drama. Not knowing much knowledge of the current situation myself, as I and a friend just came back to UO, but ideas like this have never worked out in the past.

I'm A Ghost/Xiahou. Myself and Xaphan/Lilith just resubbed to check things out again! Hopefully it's a bit more active than it was 3 years ago when we left :p

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There are also those of us with excellent ideas that simple get ignored because we're not a member of a clique.
I don't think you have to be a part of any clique. With the Council, the idea is that you can bring your idea to some one who IS. And then you get heard better. When ever there are many voices, all speaking at once, only the loudest OR the clearest can be heard.