• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An Idea on Secondary Houses?

• Thread starter Tribute House
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Tribute House

This has probably been discussed to the point of dead horse-dom but I thought Ide pick up the crop and post.
I was on my boat grumbling that i wished i had a spare account to place on a server that I play on from time to time when I got to thinking about about secondary houses...Ide love to hear other folks input :)

Basically:
*Every account has the option to place a second house on 1 (and only 1)other server besides the server their main is on (thinking this would keep the heavy populated servers from becoming crazy over crowded and would encourage xserver relations)
*The secondary houses would have constant decay (maybe like 3-5 times longer then boat decay and would state on the house sign that it was a secondary house so idocers dont get too frustrated hehe)
*Secondary houses cannot support vendor rentals (aliviates any chance of OSI's), and cannot be traded (so they wont be abused for placing/selling).

IDK i think the same principals for like a tent storage set up would be fantastic but with houses it may take the "ghost town" feel out of some of the dead servers, bring up property value marginally and bring some activity to the servers struggling to maintain a vibrant community.
Any thoughts? :)

T

Tazar

:bdh:

Sorry... couldn't resist!

I like the idea over all - but I believe that it would cause problems with severe housing shortages on Siege and probably Atlantic (and other highly populated shard(s)).

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I play Chessy and have chars on Atl/Europa for the occasional meet-up and item trading; housing there is tight enough without adding 'secondary houses'!

I'd be happy with a secondary house on my main shard more than any of the secondary shards I create characters on (I don't play those shards enough for a house to be worthwhile, and constant decay would require remembering to log in or watching your stuff disappear... easier to bank it and deal), and wouldn't even mind it being limited to a "small" footprint (12x12 or so max?), just to play with deco and have a few extra storage containers. I think though that it would tick off the bunch of people who own 3+ accounts right now in order to have multiple houses!

T

Tribute House

*snaps fingers* Dang it! Both valid points...lol though i wish there was some option other then boats : /

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im all for it. Would definitely save me some monthly fees. I currently have 7 accounts and only play 3 or 4. And could def get by with just my two main ones.

I'd also like for real estate to again be a viable source of income remember paying 100k for a small tower? I do.

F

Flora Green

I don't like the decay aspect simply because there are people who play two servers as their main accounts and with the problems of RL, it wouldn't be right to penalize the second house because of something out of the players control. I would rather have a smaller footprint than decay.