• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An Idea for December Month

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hello all

I would like to see more action on Siege and see more visible chars so what about putting away all current hate and drame and be a little more nice and friendly to each others.

Yes it is Siege, so I do not say no killing and no looting but we can all do a lot to share the fun. I would also like to see people be more willing to help each others the month of December and maybe lift some bans from shops.

Killing is not bad.
Looting something players easy can replace, that be gold, resources, monster loot is not bad.
Looting a non blessed expensive item, noone can't expect that to be safe so leave it home. Maybe if you are nice, sell back for 10% of value
But
Could we try not to loot suits, that be imbued of from magic loot and weapon except to stop a fight and give back/sell back cheap maybe 10 % value. (and don't loot the same player several times a day/week)

At last EM event we saw the Luna Boys show class and keep looting very low, that allowed the people to get back and try help killing the mobs.

I know some joined Siege to be able to loot but you also want someone to fight and if we can find the balance so the looting do not stop players to come back for more or stop them go out hunt monsters, do mining, lumbering or make public events.

I do not know if it is possible and some guilds may be more willing to be nice the month of December.

I believe we all need a break for the current civil war. Even when some may not want to help make December a nice month, I hope at least some will give it a try.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

Stop running away, find the Ram in you and get that wolf, don't give up so easy.

Kelmo when it comes to say no in this forum.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm sorry to hear that Sarge, I did not see it. I asked others and they said they was not looted but maybe they did not have anything worth looting

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I just want a more friendly December and all to stop being so stubborn

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just want a more friendly December and all to stop being so stubborn
define "stubborn" and "friendly" in this context.

People will play Siege the way they like. If I don't agree with someone else's play style or choices then I have to make up my mind how to deal with that. I can't force anybody to play Siege the way I want them to. I can however choose my battles wisely and decide for myself whom to deal with and whom to ignore. That goes for everybody on this shard and let's be honest it has always been like that.

I also had times where I thought Siege was slowly dieing but that was only because I was doing stuff alone all the time. As soon as I started to build an alliance and got in touch with people I started to realize that Siege is indeed busy and that general chat is the worst indicator of activity on Siege!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I wish you luck with your alliance, sadly I can't join it as I made choices too

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The last many years, I had enjoyed see new Siege players grow up but now I can't do that. Many of you grow up under my wings, now you turn against me and stop me from doing what I love to do.
Most members I had in NEW, NEW. and NEW2 did not become PK's and cheaters, they become good members of the shard, same with Doc's group and Kuzan's group, who did grow up in TDO.

Right now, I feel very sad.

I really don't think I deserve this.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Perhaps some pause for self reflection is in order. There is no civil war. There just is not. That is your term for many players not agreeing with the direction you wish Siege would go. The Siege of the year 2000 is history, never to be replicated. Stop trying to live in the past and embrace the Siege of now.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I want Siege back to life
I want Evil RP back
I don't like heavy looting as people can't afford that
I don't like cheating
I like to see lots of shops
I like to see people out doing stuff
I would like seeing people in my forest, I would not mind going red again.
I do not loot
I do not cheat
I try to share the fun
and I love to see young players grow up, no matter if they end up as crafters, PvM'ers or PvP'ers
I would like to see a fix to items, so looting did not hurt so much, I do hope the new BoD system will give better access to runic tools
No I don't want all to get killed and dry looted every time they leave their house.
I want the reds to share some fun, not ruin it, that's why I say, they can loot without ruin peoples suits. It is less hard to lose some monster loot than the suit you had worked hard to put together.

I was naive when I made this thread and should had known better :(

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I like seige and getting looted sucks. But I haven't been dry looted except first day here. Shops on seige don't seem to work well. I have a few vendors but stuff doesn't sell very well on them to be Honest. I like seige and will keep playing. I am working skills and finding safe places to do it as well. Seige isn't Atlantic busy wise but it can be busy at times? I like what you're saying but I know people do what they want and they come to seige to do that. I really want to start learning pvp one day and be able to defend myself but as a crafter it's quiet hard to do :) so I just make many trips with my resources and keep my stuff safe. I will continue to try and help where I can and do what I can to help the server. Anything I can do just feel free to ask

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have cleaned this thread up to keep in on topic. Please keep in mind that if you have a point to make, it is better received as a polite post rather than pictures that are meant more as mockery.

Make sure that posts are on topic and polite whether you agree with the OP or not.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Razz, you did not cross any line, it may have been out of topic but I took it as a way to make the thread a little nicer, no need for Apologies.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
civil war?!? what civil war?!

There is plenty of activity on Siege btw, but I will not be stupid and announce my presence only so some people don't feel lonely.
I've announced my favorite hunting spot, the Ter-Mer lava area, several times without worry I'll get bushwhacked there much. With all the spellcasting monsters there, the pker would find a lot more spells coming at him than just mine once he showed himself. :D

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hmm my post was deleted. So a picture of a turkey and a 'happy thanks giving' was to edgy for this thread? Clearly I have crossed the line here. My Apologies.
I removed all the posts with pictures. While I was cleaning the thread, I removed yours due to the fact that Thanksgiving is over and it was off topic. I left a message about thread cleanup so you knew that I was the one that did it. Rather thank make sarcastic remarks, you could have just messaged me to ask why I did it.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I like seige and getting looted sucks. But I haven't been dry looted except first day here. Shops on seige don't seem to work well. I have a few vendors but stuff doesn't sell very well on them to be Honest. I like seige and will keep playing. I am working skills and finding safe places to do it as well. Seige isn't Atlantic busy wise but it can be busy at times? I like what you're saying but I know people do what they want and they come to seige to do that. I really want to start learning pvp one day and be able to defend myself but as a crafter it's quiet hard to do :) so I just make many trips with my resources and keep my stuff safe. I will continue to try and help where I can and do what I can to help the server. Anything I can do just feel free to ask
How is Atlantic vendor wise? Do you get good business?

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
How is Atlantic vendor wise? Do you get good business?
Yes huge buisness. That's about the only way I make gold there. I load them up once a week there with a bunch of stuff I have stored up and keep making gold

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want Siege back to life
I want Evil RP back
I don't like heavy looting as people can't afford that
I don't like cheating
I like to see lots of shops
I like to see people out doing stuff
I would like seeing people in my forest, I would not mind going red again.
I do not loot
I do not cheat
I try to share the fun
and I love to see young players grow up, no matter if they end up as crafters, PvM'ers or PvP'ers
I would like to see a fix to items, so looting did not hurt so much, I do hope the new BoD system will give better access to runic tools
No I don't want all to get killed and dry looted every time they leave their house.
I want the reds to share some fun, not ruin it, that's why I say, they can loot without ruin peoples suits. It is less hard to lose some monster loot than the suit you had worked hard to put together.

I was naive when I made this thread and should had known better :(

I totally get how you feel and I also wish the old Siege would come back. Unfortunately I think we both have to accept its just not going to happen. The game not just Siege itself is far different then it was over a decade ago. Not to mention the people playing it. I think even if the dev team were to somehow revert Siege back to preAoS it would still not bring back the old Siege. I mean sure maybe there would be a boost in population at least for the short term. But its been over a decade now since the "good old days" Most people from then that have quit probably aren;t going to come back even if Siege did change that drastically. Besides we all know that isn;t going to happen. To be honest I am not holding my breath for any changes. After going to the last meet and greet I think the devs made it pretty clear to not expect much if anything in ways of improvements. At best if we can get the shard to agree we get the virtue/vice artis but the effect even if that happens will be minimal most likely. Not to mention the devs pretty much said we would not be getting any sort of special rules for our artis such as them being usable by all like many have requested.

Really I think it might be time to move on. Find a new game to play. I am not saying you should quit right now. But it might do some good to leave for a few months or maybe keep your play time to a minimum and try some other stuff. Heck you might even want to consider one of those "other shards" and no I don't mean prodo if you know what I mean ;) But I think your just making yourself miserable staying here. I know its hard to quit and move on. Heck I still keep an active account even I have more or less quit years ago lol. But sometimes you just got to let go.
-Kaisa

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Naeh, I'm not ready to leave Siege yet :) I know we can't get back what we had the first years of Siege and that's not really what I want.
VvV artifacts could help keeping PvP a live, but guess the shard never will agree.
I do believe the new BOD system will help a little as it will keep players busy and it will increase demand for basis resources and give better access to Runic tools
I would like to see 3 x npc prices gone so gems and other stuff could be cheaper. I would like to see Fel bonus on Siege, 2 x resource drop and +1000 luck on all facets
Every little changes do help

Now this post was more about what we as players can do.
the PK's and PvP'ers can try to only loot what they need, no need to dry loot just because they can, as for some players, replacing items are very hard.
The crafters and farmers can try to run good vendors with stuff people need to a fair price
Also we can all try to remember it is a game, try to share some fun, try to do a little RP
The thread was not meant to be about me but more about how we can make the shard more newbie friendly. If the first they hear is a lot drama, they may not stay here.

I'm really ok Kaisa, my reputation may not be what it was in the past but I'm far from giving up. I will get TDO up running again and we will go on helping new players get started. Some may bot stay but I see a lot on the shard, who did grow up under my wings, even Kelmo :p

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some may bot stay but I see a lot on the shard, who did grow up under my wings, even Kelmo :p
Aaah! So it was you that made Kelmo the man he is today? I DID NOT know that. :)

P.S. Lestat, thanks for putting my Turkey back!

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Aaah! So it was you that made Kelmo the man he is today? I DID NOT know that. :)
No, I gave him a hand to get started, I don't "make" anyone.

When I accept a new member in TDO, I do not try to effect who they will be on Siege. I do have a set of rules they do need to respect as long they are TDO and if I know, the rules will be a problem for them, I tell them to leave TDO before they break them.

I would love to see a few evil roleplayers grow up in TDO and stay with us or make new guilds, but it is very hard for them to survive on Siege unless they have a money making char too as they like all others will have to replace suits. The more hardcore PK's/PvP'ers never needed my help to grow up and if they joined NEW in the past or TDO now, they get trouble with my rules very fast and choose to leave. Only in rare cases, I had to kick them.

Most who choose to join a guild, who will help them get started are crafters and PvM'ers. Some of them may want to do some PvP too but not be the aggressive part in the fight.

In the past, we had lots of evil RP'ers, the Orcs, Undeads, Brigands, Pirates, Vampires and others. Some was very good to share the fun. People would traveling to Yew Orc fort to interact with the orcs.

Right now, we do have CLAN, the savages but I would love to see a lot more like them.

Now about HI-5 and -LB-, I know they are the more hardcore kind of PK's. They are not roleplayers, they don't like to be told what they can do and can't do and trying to control them, will only make them fight harder for their freedom to be nasty. I still believe they care for the shard, they too want to see more players around but they want victims and enemies, they want someone to fight.

Many players on the shard do not mind some danger and have to look over their shoulder but as their PvP skills sucks, trying to accept the risk and try to fight back will cost them a lot of gold and time to replace suits and many can't afford that.

With NEW and now TDO, I try to make guilds like HI-5 and -LB- go easy on young players and let them have a month ot two to get started but TDO is not the only guild with young players. I don't tell anyone what they can do or not can do but going easier on the weak and the ones who try to fight back may pay off and give more fights in the long run. I do believe HI-5 and -LB- know that but I also know, trying to control them, will make them show no mercy. I'm still naive and believe they care and will be willing to go easier on the shard until Devs fix our item problem.

So what I ask for is, lets try this December to make the shard a more fun place, everyone share some love and put the hate away. Lets again welcome new players and not fill their ears with horror stories about other players and guilds.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Oh no, that one do not work, he only work for posing at Trammel banks, in a fight, he will snuble and knock him self out

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I believe Drakelord need a few of them for his guild :p
Halle Berry once said;

“There’s a place in me that can really relate to being the underdog. I’m always fighting to overcome the obstacle. I can really understand what’s that about”

So far H^E has been a one person guild for VvV. I chickened out last Sunday as all I saw was the Luna Boys, [L-B] last time during the VvV. I have no argument with them except for when will they be done polishing my statue. ;)

Since it was just me and them and not the people I was seeking I left. Never did see if Hi5 bandits made a play that Sunday or not. Today I will once more don the mantle of VvV, my targets once more will be the Bandits. I do not seek contest with any other guild during this event and would be glad to be ignored by those others while I seek the Hi5 bandits.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I know the name of this guy, he live behind my castle, or should I say, hide in house training, he still need 10 skill points before he is ready to kill me:p

His name is Kleman, he won't last long after he leave his house

Edited, he got out of his house :)

Last edited: