• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS An 'April Shower' of Updates

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

As our 'designated driver' comes to the completion of her 4th year at the wheel and chugs sedately into year 5 we present our most recent updates:
We hope you will find these pages helpful and look forward to bringing you more updated pages as the publish becomes Global in the near future.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of things had to be checked for some of these things. If you see a mistake or something we forgot, do not hesitate to let u know.

If there are questions regarding the Town Loyalty and Councils or stealing refinements, ill gladly try to answer them.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

As our 'designated driver' comes to the completion of her 4th year at the wheel and chugs sedately into year 5 we present our most recent updates:
We hope you will find these pages helpful and look forward to bringing you more updated pages as the publish becomes Global in the near future.

Thank you all for your hard work and dedication.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lots to catch up on! Thanks everyone for your contributions :)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Incredible job, as always!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The weapons info was a bit of a nightmare, needing widely diverse pages edited, such as the "Holiday Items 2004 - 2006" page for Shamino's cross bow and the Holy Sword. If I've missed any please don't hesitate to let me know.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your efforts are much appreciated, thanks... ;)

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done and thank you. After looking over the refinement page I am left wondering about the claims that this was all to complicated. Laid out as you have it, it is clear and seems very straight forward. Thank you again.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra, here is some additional information you might want to include in the armor refining article. Note that there are two things that need to be re-confirmed to make sure they didn't change.

The application of plating, thread, or resin to a piece of armor MUST be done at a particular NPC shop and, again, requires GM-level crafting skill of the appropriate type. If you are in the Trammel facet, you apply plating at The Hammer and Anvil shop in Britain, near the conservatory; you apply thread at the Adventurer's Clothing tailor shop in Trinsic; or you apply resin at the Bloody Thumb Woodworks in Yew. If you are in the Felucca facet, you apply plating at the Armour's shop in Cove; you apply thread at the Stitch in Time in Ocllo; or you apply resin at the From Tree to Yew carpenter shop in Jhelom. Inside each of these shops, you will find an "Armor Refiner" NPC. Clicking on the NPC brings up a gump with some basic information about armor refinement.

Each shop has a small area that extends to the front and back of the shop by a few tiles where you can stand to do the refinement (the "armor bonus region"), so you don't have to be inside the shop when you do refining. (When you mark a rune at any of these shops and if you are standing within the specified area, the rune will likely be marked to say something like, "Armor Bonus Region - Carpenter (Felucca).") If you are standing outside that bonus region and try to apply a refinement by clicking on a plating, thread, or resin, you get a message that tells you that you will have better luck if you go to "XYZ Shop," so just move in closer to the shop (or go to it if you're not already there) and try again. If you're inside the appropriate bonus region, you will get a confirmation gump after first clicking on the plating, thread or resin and then targeting the piece of armor you want to apply it to. Click Yes and you will get a message that you've applied the refinement to the armor. You can be hidden and stay hidden while applying a refinement at a shop. (This last sentence needs to be confirmed to make sure nothing changed from a month or so ago. )

You can apply armor refinement to armor pieces that were previously crafted or enhanced out of special materials and/or that have been imbued or to looted armor pieces, but only if they aren't already meddable or have the mage armor property on them. You can imbue or enhance nonmeddable armor that has already been refined (e.g., bump its resists) without losing the refinement modifications. However, you cannot have a mage guildmaster add the Mage Armor property to a piece of nonmeddable armor that has already been refined. (I want to double-check this last sentence, Petra. I think it is correct but have not re-checked it.)

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra i think i found a new Buff/Debuff icon but i'm not 100% sure. I do see a criminal status one on the page but mine looks different. Maybe it looks different in EC then in 2D.

Yeah yeah, been up to no good ;)

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
awesome job everyone! thanks for posting! *gives cookie*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra, here is some additional information you might want to include in the armor refining article. Note that there are two things that need to be re-confirmed to make sure they didn't change.

The application of plating, thread, or resin to a piece of armor MUST be done at a particular NPC shop and, again, requires GM-level crafting skill of the appropriate type. If you are in the Trammel facet, you apply plating at The Hammer and Anvil shop in Britain, near the conservatory; you apply thread at the Adventurer's Clothing tailor shop in Trinsic; or you apply resin at the Bloody Thumb Woodworks in Yew. If you are in the Felucca facet, you apply plating at the Armour's shop in Cove; you apply thread at the Stitch in Time in Ocllo; or you apply resin at the From Tree to Yew carpenter shop in Jhelom. Inside each of these shops, you will find an "Armor Refiner" NPC. Clicking on the NPC brings up a gump with some basic information about armor refinement.

Each shop has a small area that extends to the front and back of the shop by a few tiles where you can stand to do the refinement (the "armor bonus region"), so you don't have to be inside the shop when you do refining. (When you mark a rune at any of these shops and if you are standing within the specified area, the rune will likely be marked to say something like, "Armor Bonus Region - Carpenter (Felucca).") If you are standing outside that bonus region and try to apply a refinement by clicking on a plating, thread, or resin, you get a message that tells you that you will have better luck if you go to "XYZ Shop," so just move in closer to the shop (or go to it if you're not already there) and try again. If you're inside the appropriate bonus region, you will get a confirmation gump after first clicking on the plating, thread or resin and then targeting the piece of armor you want to apply it to. Click Yes and you will get a message that you've applied the refinement to the armor. You can be hidden and stay hidden while applying a refinement at a shop. (This last sentence needs to be confirmed to make sure nothing changed from a month or so ago. )

You can apply armor refinement to armor pieces that were previously crafted or enhanced out of special materials and/or that have been imbued or to looted armor pieces, but only if they aren't already meddable or have the mage armor property on them. You can imbue or enhance nonmeddable armor that has already been refined (e.g., bump its resists) without losing the refinement modifications. However, you cannot have a mage guildmaster add the Mage Armor property to a piece of nonmeddable armor that has already been refined. (I want to double-check this last sentence, Petra. I think it is correct but have not re-checked it.)
Thanks Tina. Just one query. The notes say you need gm crafting to make combine the components to make the refinement, but anyone can apply it as long as they're in the right place?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You can buy the items to combine the refinements and then combine them at your house by a GM Carpenter/Smith or tailor.

My house:

After i combined the items, i gave my thief the components and a dragon helmet and she went to the smith location Tina mentioned above in Trammel.

She has no crafting skills but could apply it to the armor:

Knowing this, Smiths/Tailors and Carpenters can combine and make the refinement components and then sell them. Anyone can use them at the right places then. :)

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, the page has been updated with this information. I've also included a table to collect and collate information on refinements in treasure maps.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Knowing this, Smiths/Tailors and Carpenters can combine and make the refinement components and then sell them. Anyone can use them at the right places then. :)
An unannounced change then that you don't need GM skill to do the application. Good catch. It wasn't that way originally. Maybe that will make it slightly easier to sell them, although being able to stack them and put them in deed form would probably have been a lot more appealing than just making it so anyone can do the application.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, the page has been updated with this information. I've also included a table to collect and collate information on refinements in treasure maps.
Petra, would you be able to add tables for collating data on components collected from doing MIBs (Felucca vs. other facets), pirate and merchant ships (Felucca vs. other facets), champ spawns (Felucca vs. other facets) and also for components stolen from Felucca shops? And where/how should we submit our data so you can include it in the table(s)? I'll go back through my notes and what we actually have in the chests now and do a new breakdown. We've got stolen pieces and pieces from both Trammel and Fel treasure chests and I hope to have some from MIBs too.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, I can do that, you can either pm it or email it to me - [email protected]
you can even start a thread in the appropriate professions forums if you would prefer.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An unannounced change then that you don't need GM skill to do the application. Good catch. It wasn't that way originally. Maybe that will make it slightly easier to sell them, although being able to stack them and put them in deed form would probably have been a lot more appealing than just making it so anyone can do the application.
It was always like that, you need GM to craft the refinement than ANYONE can apply it as long as they are in the proper location, was announced a long time ago when someone asked for more detailed explanation on it.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was always like that, you need GM to craft the refinement than ANYONE can apply it as long as they are in the proper location, was announced a long time ago when someone asked for more detailed explanation on it.
Okay. I guess my memory's just not what it used to be. Thanks for the correction everyone.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When we have doubts it i always good we check these things out so everyone can ge the right information. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Petra... The other day someone asked me where you get the Hailstorm. I had one heck of a time finding out because the Item Catalog isn't up to date with Despise or Covetous drops..... at least not that I could see.... I finally had to go to UOGuide to find it.

Maybe I was overlooking it but I couldn't find them under Items.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
hmm, at the time I wasn't sure what was happening with the item catalogue and wasn't sure about adding to it. They are listed, but on the Despise and Covetous re-vamp pages. I'll get on to adding them to the catalogue. Sorry about that.
If you use the main search function at the top of the page it will find it.
http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides/despise-dungeon-re-vamp-a-guided-tour
http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides/covetous-dungeon-revamp-a-guided-tour
Thanks I actually LIKE the Item Catalog as an easily accessible place to find just what I'm looking for. A comprehensive list as it were of in-game items.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra, here is some additional information you might want to include in the armor refining article....
Tina's information about a lot of the recent stuff going on in UO has been 1000x more informative and useful than anything the Devs have been putting out.

A huge thank you to Tina for all your effort and hard work. I feel like I should be paying Tina a monthly fee and not the game.

A huge disappointment in the Devs. Especially the way this patch was handled and what it resulted in.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll have to pass more info to you after i'm done with my morning of Pirating. Just found a Tokuno merchant ship with 6 refinements. Trows my notes of 5 on each ships in the garbage. :)

Orc ships without Captains also had 4.

Last edited: