• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Amazing Minoc !!!

Lien Ragus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings to Sosarian ppl !!

A tense and active week just ended this week end. I d like to send a huge thanks to every voters in Minoc. I counted more than 70 votes !!!! that s something we ve ever seen since the elections exist....

That proves (if needed to be proved) that cities governance is not just an empty event of a kind...

The final result turned in my favor to be re elected in Minoc but it could have been in favor of Escaflowne as well. The final score was really tight. I d like to tip my hat to him for making a nice campaign and really give our beloved city a real and intense week.

Minoc more than ever shows how active the city became over the last months and there s certainly many things we can prepare for even a brighter future with all goodwills around.

I ll communicate more after the King's meeting (Tuesday the 16th) about the plans i m setting up for Minoc.
I hope you will be interested and excited as i am preparing them.

Thank you very much once again,
Lien Ragus

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations Lien :) You are a great guy and a legend on Europa! Was expecting it to be a tough campaign and I was right :) You deserve it though bud and I had fun, created roleplay for me and my guild and had fun making silly posters hehe :) Would still love to team up with you sometime and do some stuff around Minoc area :).

Now i wish to clear up a few points because during the campaign and elections I recieved various accusations and bad words said about me which i found very upsetting and mostly unfounded.

Firstly I am a roleplayer at heart, not as hardcore as I was before when the RP community was big I admit as i do break character alot. But this means I do play Escaflowne alot as Esca the character who follows chaos and such. This does not mean that is who i am in real life behind the character. I have played lots of different characters in UO from criminals to an ettin who cooked and ate Guardsman militia footman. All with different personalities and such. So please do not judge me as a person for some actions and things i say when im in Character on Escaflowne.

Secondly, It was my guildmember who put forward the idea for me to run for governer for Minoc as it is right next to our Chaos camp and there is an RP guild in Vesper and an RP guild in Cove so taking up residence in Minoc would centralise us with the other RP'ers in the north. Plus we have lots of history with Minoc back in our Vesper days. I DID NOT choose it because it is one of the best performing cities in terms of economy and such.

Thirdly i did not call upon xsharders or people from other shards to vote for me on the last day, I would never even consider doing that, i like to think of myself as fairly respectable and a man of principles and honour. During the weeks voting when i would finally get a little bit ahead of Lien the next day he would be nearly double ahead of me due to his great support and rightly so. So me and my guild decided to hold 10 votes back from our other accounts until the last day as a last minute tactic; which didn't worth as Lien was too far ahead, but it came close. Voting with your own other accounts I would say is fine as it was done by both sides supporters and thats a fact due to the amount of votes.

Lastly Lien is a great guy and a good friend, a veteran of UO. I remember him repairing my armour and north brit smiths up by the graveyard back in the day and he has been around as long as i can remember. I respect him very much and I have many friends who are also good friends with him that i do not want to recieve any ill will from. I know i have just recently returned and I dont want to make any enemies or step on any toes, I want to play the game, have fun with my friends and create events and activity for the whole shard to enjoy, nothing more. I asked Lien's permission to run against him and talked to him multiple times to see if he was okay with it, a bit of friendly competition as I didnt want any rivalry between us. But to the people getting all angry and saying bad things about me because they want to see their friend as governer; It is a public election and other people deserve the chance to run for governer. What i didn't deserve was being insulted for daring to run against their friend. I know the difference between in game talk, roleplay insults and propergander and people taking things to heart and insulting me out of game. So dont worry about that, all the stuff said in game at brit bank i didn't take offense to, was friendly insults and roleplay :) All part of the fun.

Sorry i rambled on a bit but i needed to get this off my chest, set things straight and clear any bad blood in the air. I care what people think of me and i don't like argueing with people and it got to me a bit. Congratulations again Lien :) Good luck with the governer position! I'll think twice about running against you again hehe, might have to set my sights somewhere else :)

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations Lien :) You are a great guy and a legend on Europa! Was expecting it to be a tough campaign and I was right :) You deserve it though bud and I had fun, created roleplay for me and my guild and had fun making silly posters hehe :) Would still love to team up with you sometime and do some stuff around Minoc area :).

Now i wish to clear up a few points because during the campaign and elections I recieved various accusations and bad words said about me which i found very upsetting and mostly unfounded.

Firstly I am a roleplayer at heart, not as hardcore as I was before when the RP community was big I admit as i do break character alot. But this means I do play Escaflowne alot as Esca the character who follows chaos and such. This does not mean that is who i am in real life behind the character. I have played lots of different characters in UO from criminals to an ettin who cooked and ate Guardsman militia footman. All with different personalities and such. So please do not judge me as a person for some actions and things i say when im in Character on Escaflowne.

Secondly, It was my guildmember who put forward the idea for me to run for governer for Minoc as it is right next to our Chaos camp and there is an RP guild in Vesper and an RP guild in Cove so taking up residence in Minoc would centralise us with the other RP'ers in the north. Plus we have lots of history with Minoc back in our Vesper days. I DID NOT choose it because it is one of the best performing cities in terms of economy and such.

Thirdly i did not call upon xsharders or people from other shards to vote for me on the last day, I would never even consider doing that, i like to think of myself as fairly respectable and a man of principles and honour. During the weeks voting when i would finally get a little bit ahead of Lien the next day he would be nearly double ahead of me due to his great support and rightly so. So me and my guild decided to hold 10 votes back from our other accounts until the last day as a last minute tactic; which didn't worth as Lien was too far ahead, but it came close. Voting with your own other accounts I would say is fine as it was done by both sides supporters and thats a fact due to the amount of votes.

Lastly Lien is a great guy and a good friend, a veteran of UO. I remember him repairing my armour and north brit smiths up by the graveyard back in the day and he has been around as long as i can remember. I respect him very much and I have many friends who are also good friends with him that i do not want to recieve any ill will from. I know i have just recently returned and I dont want to make any enemies or step on any toes, I want to play the game, have fun with my friends and create events and activity for the whole shard to enjoy, nothing more. I asked Lien's permission to run against him and talked to him multiple times to see if he was okay with it, a bit of friendly competition as I didnt want any rivalry between us. But to the people getting all angry and saying bad things about me because they want to see their friend as governer; It is a public election and other people deserve the chance to run for governer. What i didn't deserve was being insulted for daring to run against their friend. I know the difference between in game talk, roleplay insults and propergander and people taking things to heart and insulting me out of game. So dont worry about that, all the stuff said in game at brit bank i didn't take offense to, was friendly insults and roleplay :) All part of the fun.

Sorry i rambled on a bit but i needed to get this off my chest, set things straight and clear any bad blood in the air. I care what people think of me and i don't like argueing with people and it got to me a bit. Congratulations again Lien :) Good luck with the governer position! I'll think twice about running against you again hehe, might have to set my sights somewhere else :)
Don't you just love it when your role play personality gets confused with your real life personality? That's why GRD left in the end. Shame you didn't win Esca. Would have been a blast to read of your exploits as Governor =)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks callum :) Yeah its always been a problem with roleplay, even within the community for roleplayers getting upset with eachother heh. Well in 3 months time i might have another crack at it, set my sights on another city perhaps and have a new adventure of exploits hehe. Couldn't of lost to a better opponent though :) Lien is awesome and im sure we will still get together to do some stuff since our camp still next to Minoc :) Still got ideas rolling around in the think tank :)

And im not sure what Azomodans post is doing here lol, looks like he is bidding on something

Last edited: