• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Am I the only armor crafter left on the shard?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I can't keep up with my vendors, Siege need more crafters, willing to make good imbued suits. The customers are out there.
What did happen to our crafters?

Tina Tink

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can make whatever suits folks want, but the trade off between time/resources/what to charge has always kept me from putting on vendor. Ive been making parry mage suits built around a Hephaestus that doesn't use any special ingredients. What mods/types of suits are wanted?

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Eheh i have the same problem freja... I can't keep my vendor restock enough lol... And imbued suit require much time :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I can post what I make:
Mages:
230000 Suit medable LRC 100, MR 6, LMC 40, MI 42, 5x70, min 70 Dur
250000 Suit medable LRC100, MR6, LMC40, Luck600, 5x70, min 70 Dur
250000 Suit Medable LRC 100, Luck 600, MR6, MI 42, 5x70, min 70 Dur
160000 Suit medable LRC 100, MR 6, LMC 40, MI 42, 5x70
80000 Young Mage Suit LRC 100, Luck 540, MR6, 5x70
130000 Suit LRC100, MR6, LMC40, 5x70

Warriors:

240000 Suit Studded Leather, LMC55, MR6, MI42, SI42, 5x70, min 80 Dur
260000 Suit Studded LMC55, MR6, SI 42, Luck 600, 5x70, min 80 Dur
260000 Suit Studded MR 6, MI 42, SI 42, Luck600, 5x70, Min 80 Dur
180000 Suit Studded leather, LMC55, MR6, MI42, SI42, 5x70
240000 Suit Studded Leather, LMC55, LRC100, MI42, SI42, 5x70, min 80 Dur

That just some of them, just find something that sell.

I did increase my prices, but I want to keep it fair. The ones with extra Durability take longer time as I need to do bods too.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still in RoT with my tailor. Then I'll probably finish Imbuing. So some time in the distant future I'll have suits at the Pawn Shop in Luna. In the meantime, my attention span and patience have diminished with old age. XD

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can make what you have listed but I will not do Powder. Bumping the durability of those up to 80+ requires way more time for powder than I'm willing to try. I'll make a few test cases and see if they sell.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes it take time, and I may sell them to cheap, but they sell fast.
I use my other chars to collect shield and helm bods, then hope for luck, that they bribe to exceptionel fast so I don't have to use high level ingots and a lot gold to bribe them to gold/agapite.
It getting time for me to do some bod run again, only one keg left

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Remember to put suit in the description, as players search for that

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I supply free suits to anyone that needs them, as long as those suits are not going to be used to kill any Gilfane. :) I have given away so many suits to folks in general chat. Of course, these are just simple 70's suits with 100 lrc. Nothing fancy. Then I send them to the Noob guild.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Almost there myself. Doing ordinary every day things only requires a *cheap* suit so those should be easily accessible to anyone.

Still working on getting a 120 Tailoring Scroll, I'm stuck at 110. Smith is at 95 currently. Mining is almost GM....I will admit I have neglected my crafter as of late to focus on making more gold to have more stuff to stock a vendor :)

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly freja, I think your prices are too low considering you are adding pof. The material costs are also an issue. I can sift through exodus and get enough to make my personal suits but to be able to keep it stocked I would need to buy from the vendors. I'm gonna put my suits up sans pof; this has not been an issue for me tbh. I lose a suit well before I can get no more repairs out of it.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
All I can make right now are GM Arms Lore leather suits... as I am currently doing imbuing my skill is way too low... is there any use for me? I can make the suits that's about it

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Honestly freja, I think your prices are too low considering you are adding pof. The material costs are also an issue. I can sift through exodus and get enough to make my personal suits but to be able to keep it stocked I would need to buy from the vendors. I'm gonna put my suits up sans pof; this has not been an issue for me tbh. I lose a suit well before I can get no more repairs out of it.
Yes the suits I add pof too may be priced a little to low. I can get the price for pofs down to 20k for 10 charges if I can get the ingots to a good price but if I have to buy the pof at 35k each, I would have to take 30k more for the suits.
I'm not sure people would be willing to pay 260-290 for the suits so I try to get the resources to a low price to keep the price down.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
All I can make right now are GM Arms Lore leather suits... as I am currently doing imbuing my skill is way too low... is there any use for me? I can make the suits that's about it
Start selling LRC suits for newbies and when you get more Imbuing skills, try make them 5x70 with MR1

10000 LRC100 Noob Training suit
50000 LRC100, MR6, 5x70
50000 Stealth MR6, HPR6, 5x70
15000 5x70
(Studded as well as leather, some want to imbue the rest them self) maybe 15k is to cheap

id buy a few all 70s leather suits must have no more than 2-3x resists imbued... rest i can imbue myself ;>
That is a pain to make and will need Boura Pelt, I can make them with 4x resist, but 2-3, no thanks, my head will hurt to much.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Still working on getting a 120 Tailoring Scroll, I'm stuck at 110. Smith is at 95 currently. Mining is almost GM....I will admit I have neglected my crafter as of late to focus on making more gold to have more stuff to stock a vendor :)
I will see tomorrow, if i can help you with that 120 tailoring, with a little bribing, i do have the bods
Hope you are training Armslore too as you will need the extra 8% resist

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If noobs are the target consumer, make prices as low as you (all willing crafters) are willing to sustain.

But keep in mind that most noobs are transplants from other servers. They know how to train and farm. And with xshard gold transfers they probably aren't broke.

Just making this point because I've run into many NOOB members who've offered me millions to return items I've stolen while they were wearing really nice gear.

And for note.. true thief.. no combat skills.. so this isn't a looting issue.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I supply free suits to anyone that needs them, as long as those suits are not going to be used to kill any Gilfane. :) I have given away so many suits to folks in general chat. Of course, these are just simple 70's suits with 100 lrc. Nothing fancy. Then I send them to the Noob guild.
My customers pay a good price for suits, that may be used to kill GIL*Evil Grin*, but that's not why I sell my suits and a lot of my customers won't kill GIL except a the Sundays VvV battles.
My goal are to sell suits for PvP and farming. I too will will give away noob suits or sell them cheap, but if lots of them on Vendor Search to a fair price, I won't stock my vendor with them.
Some of my suits may be used to kill TDO too, but that do not stop me from selling my suits and keep my ban list clean :)

So I went home and started making a suit to sell. Got about 30 minutes into it and said screw this, if I'm going to spend this much time on something I'm making it for me.

So now I have a new suit.
Farm some resources instead and sell to crafters for a fair price. Don't leave gems on corpses, sell them to New Mag stall vendors. Special Sapphire and Diamonds

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Same as for adding LRC, one mod on each piece is easy, the menu show your changes for success, if less than 30%, you may fail a lot.
If you after adding one mod, still have 30+% chance for success, try one mood more.
An other item good for training imbuing is Jewelry with 1-2 x 13 skill points, useful for newbies in training.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes the suits I add pof too may be priced a little to low. I can get the price for pofs down to 20k for 10 charges if I can get the ingots to a good price but if I have to buy the pof at 35k each, I would have to take 30k more for the suits.
I'm not sure people would be willing to pay 260-290 for the suits so I try to get the resources to a low price to keep the price down.
Mine flew off the shelf a couple years back at around 300k for non pof lmc, lrc, mi, mr all 70s mr suits. granted thigns may have changed but all the calcualtions that go into just making the suits is time consuming. I have to buy sapphires, amber, and tourmalines to mass produce. Like silent singer said, its time consuming. I personally enjoy making them but I usually banked on 100k profit per suit just for the work that goes into it. I may be off. I am also curious..does luck affect imbuing failures?

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why wouldn't the person/people who end up with all these looted suits stock them on a vendor at some point? Even if your goal is to take someone out of battle and hear them cry in general chat, wait a week or two and then just randomly put suits back on vendors. Make some gold in the process.

I guess my point is if Freja is making 10 suits a week, those suits end up looted somewhere and whoever has them could resell them no matter what their goal/playstyle is and not necessarily to the original owner. Seems that would be the smartest play.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The resist is the biggest pain to add, I wish Devs would add 15 % basis resist crafted on all armor pieces, that be crafted or magic loot.
That would make it way faster to make a suit and also easier to put a 5x70 suit together from magic loot. Sure it would give magic loot suits better than the imbued I make but it would give me an extra imbuing slot, when I did not need to add resist so I beliebe it would work nicely.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't keep up with my vendors, Siege need more crafters, willing to make good imbued suits. The customers are out there.
What did happen to our crafters?

Tina Tink
Heh, probably. Making suits is tedious and the profit margins aren't nearly as good as other more entertaining means of coin collecting.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Heh, probably. Making suits is tedious and the profit margins aren't nearly as good as other more entertaining means of coin collecting.
That's why I never will get lots of mill in this game :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can post what I make:
Mages:
230000 Suit medable LRC 100, MR 6, LMC 40, MI 42, 5x70, min 70 Dur
250000 Suit medable LRC100, MR6, LMC40, Luck600, 5x70, min 70 Dur
250000 Suit Medable LRC 100, Luck 600, MR6, MI 42, 5x70, min 70 Dur
160000 Suit medable LRC 100, MR 6, LMC 40, MI 42, 5x70
80000 Young Mage Suit LRC 100, Luck 540, MR6, 5x70
130000 Suit LRC100, MR6, LMC40, 5x70

Warriors:

240000 Suit Studded Leather, LMC55, MR6, MI42, SI42, 5x70, min 80 Dur
260000 Suit Studded LMC55, MR6, SI 42, Luck 600, 5x70, min 80 Dur
260000 Suit Studded MR 6, MI 42, SI 42, Luck600, 5x70, Min 80 Dur
180000 Suit Studded leather, LMC55, MR6, MI42, SI42, 5x70
240000 Suit Studded Leather, LMC55, LRC100, MI42, SI42, 5x70, min 80 Dur
Your using all the imbue slots on these. What order are you adding things to these suits to make the failed 4th and 5th imbuings cost as little as possible? Getting 70 resist with only one imbuing each resist is a royal PitA as I recall.

My carcass is not a happy camper of late, laid back armor making might get me in game more.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tanivar, that is why it was taking me so long. You have to plan out how you will imbue resists out of the group of items so that only one is needed. My usual approach is make lots of five of each piece of the suit. I then check the pieces for high starting durability (which means less powder I'd I'm doing that), and pieces with very high and very low individual resist. This way, if I need 10 points of physical to finish the suit, I'm starting on a piece that has 5 physical resist, which imbued to 15 doesn't require as many resources. It is time consuming. But, in the last few weeks I've made three full pvp suits with the entire range of mods and I have not used a single essence or special ingredient. Just takes time and planning.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tanivar, that is why it was taking me so long. You have to plan out how you will imbue resists out of the group of items so that only one is needed. My usual approach is make lots of five of each piece of the suit. I then check the pieces for high starting durability (which means less powder I'd I'm doing that), and pieces with very high and very low individual resist. This way, if I need 10 points of physical to finish the suit, I'm starting on a piece that has 5 physical resist, which imbued to 15 doesn't require as many resources. It is time consuming. But, in the last few weeks I've made three full pvp suits with the entire range of mods and I have not used a single essence or special ingredient. Just takes time and planning.
Like I said, a royal PitA. :rolleyes2:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Your using all the imbue slots on these. What order are you adding things to these suits to make the failed 4th and 5th imbuings cost as little as possible? Getting 70 resist with only one imbuing each resist is a royal PitA as I recall.
First I try to put the pieces together so one or two resist already are 70, mostly that will be fire and energi. I use helm/circle of Verite ingots to stop the energi resist to get way past 70, and I use horned leather for chest and legs as it is cheaper and help balance the resist too. Then barded for the rest of the pieces.
1. Then I add POF if a suit with 70-80 durability. And add the resist needed for 5x70, max one mod on each piece. I may have 1-2 pieces not yet imbued, sometimes I put HPI or MI on luck suits on this 1-2 pieces
2. LMC use relic, so I add that as 2th mod to not burn to many of them.
3. I add SI on warrior suits and warrior luck suit or MI on mage suits as 3th mod as diamond and Sapphire are expensive too. Luck Mage suits will get MR as 3th mod
4. On Warrior suits MI is 4th mod, on Warrior luck suits it is MR, on mage suit it is MR and mage luck suits LRC is 4th mod
5. On warrior suits, MR is last mod, on mage suit it is LRC, on Mage and warrior suits, last mood is luck as citrins and ambra is the cheapest mods.

Farming some of your gems or use a New Mag vendor to buy them will help keep price down, same with other mats, if your New Mag vendor can buy them, you spare time and money.

I do agree with Tib, prices should really be closer to 300k, but not all can afford that. There may be buyers to cheaper suits with max 4 mods too, special young farmers but PvP'ers want maxed out suits.

I do have several gem carts, that help me keep gem cost down, but killing 5 GD a day would give me the same count of gems as I get from my gem carts and give me sapphire too, that is missing on my gem carts.

I also agree with Holden, if the PvP'ers did put the suit they loot on a vendor if they can't use them, it would help too and Freja would get a little time for VvV.

They could just label it 100000, looted Tina Tink Suit, Mage/Luck or what the type is, some may sell it for more than 100k if they do not want the old owner to get it back to a nice buyback price or want to sell to someone else. and get gold for a new suit next time they get looted.

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Coco's sells suits.

100% LRC with 50+ resists starter suits for 22k

70's resists with 100% LRC, MR 6, LMC 40 + hpi depending on suit 4, 8, 12, 16% varying in price from 200k to 280k.

starter suits are always in stock. 70's suits sell out but are restocked regularly.

I don't bother powdering them as it is a waste of powder, you can repair each piece as is about 40 times so that will last you nearly a yr if you repair every week or so. You will lose the suit or swap it out before you ever wear it out. Warrior suits maybe last 6 mths without powder, but again, they will be looted or swapped out long before they wear out.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was working on Imbuing , but RL happened, House collapsed, lost all imbuing stuff i had and no character to get imbuing stuff with sooo....

I got my Soulstones back luckily, but im at a standstill now... so its hard to motivate me to come back to siege.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The shard is more alive, than when you left. there was 55 chars at last Auction and still active player/guilds not there, so we are more now.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Cool to see a lot more suits on vendor search now. Garg suits are still few.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shard is more alive, than when you left. there was 55 chars at last Auction and still active player/guilds not there, so we are more now.
It's not that... Well not only :) I see the shard is more alive which makes it more fun than ever to be here.

BUT, being a pure crafter without resources is a rough re-start :)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My customers pay a good price for suits, that may be used to kill GIL*Evil Grin*, but that's not why I sell my suits and a lot of my customers won't kill GIL except a the Sundays VvV battles.
My goal are to sell suits for PvP and farming. I too will will give away noob suits or sell them cheap, but if lots of them on Vendor Search to a fair price, I won't stock my vendor with them.
Some of my suits may be used to kill TDO too, but that do not stop me from selling my suits and keep my ban list clean :)

Farm some resources instead and sell to crafters for a fair price. Don't leave gems on corpses, sell them to New Mag stall vendors. Special Sapphire and Diamonds
I"m not selling anything to those underbidding gold hoarders, and you folks know who you are.

Tekagi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am a good crafter... But price clueless and that's why i never set up shop.
Currently i have:
tailoring 120
Blacksmithing 120
Tinkering 100
Mining 100
Arms Lore 100
Alchemy 100
Inscription 100
Imbuing 120

I excluded carpentry because i don't see much use in it.
And am thinking about adding fishing. I can get 90% of all resources myself. Even growing trinsic rose and orange petals, making enhanced bandages.

So if there is anyone that can help me figure out the prices and what people buy... What they want. I can set up a very full shop and keep it that way.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Vendor Search is a good way to get an idea of going prices

Tekagi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Vendor seach is all over the place... Prices go low and high. Its hard to figure out what is too cheap and what too expensive. Plus it does not give me an idea of what people want to buy.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No getting the idea of what people want is the hardest part.
You can start with some mage suit with LRC, MR and maybe one mood more and sell them as training suits.
It's easier to count your cost if you start with not so expensive suit, where you fail less

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@Tekagi I am selling kegs of GH and GC at 10k a keg they seem to be doing ok. Selling full blessed spellbooks for 10k, full city and dungeon rune books 10km normal rune books 1k the atlas 3k, BOD books 750gold, any tool that is over 100 in durability I am selling for 100gold, mage suits barded leather LRC only, 20k, male and female. Dig lots of sand and make bottles, then make the potions for the enhanced apple sell the E-apples five for 1k, if you growing lots of plants you getting the seeds of renewed, 25 for 500k, I sold 50 last week, I'm one short of another 25 to sell. Any tool that is below 100 goes for the price of the durability count.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vendor seach is all over the place... Prices go low and high. Its hard to figure out what is too cheap and what too expensive. Plus it does not give me an idea of what people want to buy.
I plan on making a few of Freja's style suits if I can work up the enthusiasm to sit at the computer that long and add up the value of the materials I go through making each suit, then add at least 20% for the time investment. If they sell, I'll make more.

UO's crafting is the primary thing that has kept me playing this game since fall of 2000. It'd be nice to start doing it again if there is sufficient demand for some stuff. :)

Tekagi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If we take it logically. Most of the player base play as PVM or PVP characters.

What does a siege PVM / PVP player need? Supply of potions (Greater heal, cure and invisibility), enhanced apples, orange petals, (minor need could be for trinsic rose petals and enhanced bandages) rune books, atlases, full spell books, slayer books, gate scrolls or perhaps wright form scrolls (for humans without necro) and of course a steady supply of decent suits. Middle to best quality. Some of the better artifact items of named items recovered from treasures. And perhaps imbued jewelry? (Untested i Do not know the market for these but i prefer imbued rings and bracers over artifact ones. I can imbue SDI 10, DCI 13, FCR 2, FC 1 and Enhance potions 20 or INT / STR 5 - 7 bonus for mages as an example. That is worse mainly in SDI department but all of this together is rare to see on jewels)
This in my mind would be the shop backbone.

Other things sold could be harder to get imbuing ingredients like silver serpent skin, undead flesh, essences, seeds of renewal and other similar things for people interested in crafting perfect suits and equipment. Or maybe other semi rare crafting resources like verite/ valorite ore or barbed leather, bag of sending and POT.... What do you think?