• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Am I doing it wrong? Taming leveling question.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I decided to work up my tamer since coming back to the game. He's in the 90's and gains have been ridiculously slow. I'm on Sonoma so there are only fresh tames to level off of and I've been doing grizzly bears and great harts in Ish.

I started today at 92.9 taming and 98.7 lore. After an hour and a half if only gained .3 taming and .5 lore.

Am I doing something wrong or is just going to be a looooooong road to 120?

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope its a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnng road ahead took me 2 years to full 120 it naturally

P.S use bulls in jhelom bull pen

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah its pain full. bulls at that level are good.. spawn rates quick.. you can kill em and skin em for hides if ya want..

i use 30 points in jewls and just get my ggs gave up along time ago. one day. heh

Darius Bloodbain

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have found also, if ya get tired of the bulls, that you can gain off white wolves on arctic island, and also Dameon Temple is good place to grab those 2 drakes that spawn there and get gains off those.
I would get one tamed then park him over in a corner while i tamed the second one. Had rune made right beside
The Royal zoo on Moonglow so i could gate them both about a house distance from the donation box, donate them both and run back thru gate before it closed, and tame 2 more. Gets your museum points up if nothing else, and you will get some skill points off the drakes. Any way u go about it tho, its gonna be slow, so its
best to keep yourself entertained :)

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can also get a scroll of a.. and use ggs .. to get..2 to .5 a day
... get ur ggs log out.. timer i hear stops. so ur 15mins.. is tons of ggs time. just gotta be quick

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, this is what I was afraid of. Thanks for the feedback folks, nice to know that I'm not doing something wrong.

The Drake idea is an interesting one. I think I'm going to try that just to break up the boredom of sitting in Jhelom listening to the chicken noise while I tame bull after bull after bull after bull after bull after...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have about a dozen characters so far that I've trained up to 120 real taming. I finish their training by taming unicorns (or ki-rins if the tamer character is male) in Ilshenar or in Malas. Best gains seem to occur when taming skill is in the 104-109 range, so I will usually use jewelry to boost skill to that point and then take it off when real skill actually hits that range.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I decided to work up my tamer since coming back to the game. He's in the 90's and gains have been ridiculously slow. I'm on Sonoma so there are only fresh tames to level off of and I've been doing grizzly bears and great harts in Ish.

I started today at 92.9 taming and 98.7 lore. After an hour and a half if only gained .3 taming and .5 lore.

Am I doing something wrong or is just going to be a looooooong road to 120?
At that level it is slow...... luckily, there are pink and blue scrolls which can help cover the gap to 120.0 faster....
Or, even faster, use +taming skill items to reach 120.0 .....

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got back..........where do we get the pink and blue scrolls?.... I assume they work like the old black rock trai g area.....instead of getting .1 you get .3 or .5?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blue Scrolls are scrolls of alacrity, they work as you guessed, like the black rock area, or the New Haven accelerated gain quests. They last for 15 minutes.
Pink Scrolls are Scrolls of Transendence, they actually add to your skill by the number of points on the scroll. Both types can come out of treasure chests (pinks in fel only level 4 upwards)
pinks also come from working champ spawns and from Corgul.
Random blues can come from clean up points.
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/treasure-map-quests
http://uo2.stratics.com/items/spring-cleaning-2011-clean-up-rewards
http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides/in-game-systems/champion-spawns/scrolls-of-transcendence