• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Alternatives for Lizardmen

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Looking at the Warrior FAQ retooled, it shows lizardmen from 70-85. Since the Despise revamp, the lizardmen are no longer there and not looking to take a new character to Despise Fel. I tried shame but taking a good amount of damage from earths and mudpies but not getting much in gains. What is the next best thing?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I typically run an HP regen suit with all 70's in shame/ high dci, and a life leech weapon. Typically gain really fast, but I also stick to areas where I only have 2-3 mobs on me at a single time.
For fast and very safe gains, I will usually bring my peace bard with the character I am training and that usually takes care of all my healing needs.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No idea if it's still an option, but I always went to the Tokuno Champ spawn with my 65-70 level warrior.
Advantages:
1. Unlimited lizardmen, no wait
2. By the time the spawn is worked up to level 2, I was either bored with training or done (usually done) to the point where other spawns were more productive.
Disadvantages:
1. Little to no loot (corpses vanished too quickly). For me it wasn't a problem, since the loot is rather insignificant anyway.
2. A good chance of getting swamped by too many lizardmen. Having parry (great parry training too, by the way!) and high DCI helps a lot.
3. A very small chance of raising the spawn level before you're done.
4. Stupid people (like me) who would have done the same as I did and left the higher level spawn, thus prohibiting others from using the same tactic.

Cold blood spawn is also a possibility for the same.

Or rat men. Most Ilshenar rat man spawns are pretty much abandoned.

Njjj

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't New Haven Mines have the old Despise spawn?

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could try the Lizardman Village in Ilsh... If you're mounted, and stay along the mountains, you should be able to avoid the swamp baddies.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I do from start to finish.
New Haven: Buy Skill, Do skill quest.
Run to Yew Crypts and train on skeletons. Stand in middle door way.
After hitting 80+ run to Painted Caves and fight trogs.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
At 80, I run to Yomatsu Mines. At first I fight the Earth and DC Elementals. Then I move further into the mines and fight the Yomatsu Warriors all the way to 120 melee skill.