• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

altered v.s. imbued, what?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, here is my newb question of the day. First, let me admit that I've been spending the past few days doing nothing more than choppin' trees to try to finally, finally, finally gm my lumberjack, just .5 more skill gain to go. So, no I haven't even touched most of the new gargoyle expansion stuff.

So, I think I get the jest of "imbuing" but what is the difference of imbuing versus altered? I've seen the word altered on armor whats it do or what is "the skinny" on that?

Also, please tell me, how (if at all) do I enhance stone armor and glass weapons? Is it possible?

And I'm guessing that gargoyles can't carry quivers? I guess the leather wing "armor" takes that slot? Although I've not seen any with resists on it, so I'm assuming for now its just for looks? Eventually I'm sure that will change.

Well, so yeah, sorry for the newb questions, what can I say... I'm newb at heart I suppose, or rather I just like to chat-it-up with ya'll. =-)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing allows you to custom craft armor/weapons/jewels with exactly the stats you want on it. Makes suit building easier and cheaper for the most part, but the drawback is imbued items can't be POF'd to increase their durability. So at some point your imbued suit will need to be replaced.

I have no clue how to enhance stone or glass, or if it's even possible.

Altered armor means someone has taken a piece of human/elf armor and altered it for use by gargoyles. I saw a gargoyle wearing an altered quiver the other day. (quiver of infinity iirc) Quivers when altered fill the wing armor slot.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohhh, so it is possible for them to use quivers then. I assume then though that to access the "altered" option you must utilize the imbuing skill?

Thanks for the feedback Black Sun.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, smiths and tailors alter the items. Smiths do metal armor and weapons, as well as any artifacts (that are alterable, not all are) that use the same art as smithed items. Tailors do the same for leather goods. Imbuing only comes into play when altering mods.