• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Alright, who killed my shard? *glares*

J

Jack Tallow

Well, back again for the first time, as it were. Logged in to find myself destitute (not that I mind), homeless (fixed that in an hour), jobless (no boat = no fishing for Jack), and doomed to wander the wastes (logged in fel, luckily). Okie dokie, situation normal. Now what sort of mischief can I cause?

Brit gate produced tumbleweeds. Yew was more of the same. Even Luna was deserted. I suppose everyone must be doing some sort of fall cleaning, what with the new expansion filling their homes to the brink with riches. To the forums!

But alas, no great stories to be read, not like I remember from Maddwg and Hecubus. The "news" (if you want to call it that) seems to be the weekly EM gathering. Apparently there is no YMCA night (wasn't doing so well when I left, no surprise there). So... I want to know... who killed my shard? Where have all the bards and storytellers gone? Someone must be living the days of high adventure, but I'll be darned if I can find them. Our Stratics main news has been DEAD since April.

Exactly what have you people been doing since I left? A guy leaves town for a few months, and the whole damned county fair goes haywire.

At any rate, nice to be back home and see one or two old faces.

I am Jack's boredom-inspired rant.....

L

Lord Drakelord

What is there to talk about here anyway, about the only thing I look for on here is to see Queen Mum's post about the EMs. Most people that read the Sonoma forum now are all PvP, something I gave up when I left LS years ago, I'm to old, to slow for that today, besides the last time a group of PAS went to do a Fel CS we got smoked when COP appeared, I was the only one that escape alive.

My daughter, Mindy, quit playing due to real life, school, job, raising two kids is hard on a single mom, she is now a CNA, and is still going back to school, and as for me I just running with the pack in PAS most times. Wife is still with the youngest daughter, helping her with her first child. About the only times I see her now is when Destiny has a day off from her part time job. It was a lot easier when the grandkids were at home, at least then I saw my wife daily.

My grand daughter is learning to play the game, but we have strict rules, homework has to be done and she has to keep her room clean in order to play on the PC. She has not been on since last month.

P

Pacem

Well, there is a new church on Sonoma that has been doing well. Contact me via ICQ at 21168474 if you want to know more about it. :)

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sonoma is dead , Pacific is alive ITS ALIVE!!!

In a short but sweet statement...

COME TO PACIFIC.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, back again for the first time, as it were. Logged in to find myself destitute (not that I mind), homeless (fixed that in an hour), jobless (no boat = no fishing for Jack), and doomed to wander the wastes (logged in fel, luckily). Okie dokie, situation normal. Now what sort of mischief can I cause?

Brit gate produced tumbleweeds. Yew was more of the same. Even Luna was deserted. I suppose everyone must be doing some sort of fall cleaning, what with the new expansion filling their homes to the brink with riches. To the forums!

But alas, no great stories to be read, not like I remember from Maddwg and Hecubus. The "news" (if you want to call it that) seems to be the weekly EM gathering. Apparently there is no YMCA night (wasn't doing so well when I left, no surprise there). So... I want to know... who killed my shard? Where have all the bards and storytellers gone? Someone must be living the days of high adventure, but I'll be darned if I can find them. Our Stratics main news has been DEAD since April.

Exactly what have you people been doing since I left? A guy leaves town for a few months, and the whole damned county fair goes haywire.

At any rate, nice to be back home and see one or two old faces.

I am Jack's boredom-inspired rant.....
Yea I agree... I just started playing again 2 months ago after a 6 year break. I start up a new account and the first night I use my 1K gold to buy myself a horse and off I run to the Y and nothing, run to Oasis and after dodging all the scrops I still haven't seen 1 person, and then I run down to Ironwood and to my surprise it is full of ZOG keeps. So I figure ok it is Fel, Tram HAS to be different so off I run to the Brit moongate and select Brit Tram off to the bank and I thought I was back in Fel.... Not a person in sight.

So I run off to the east to where Tendai use to be and not only do I still not see 1 person I guess Tendai is no longer around either.

Its a different game, with a lot of different people, but I will say a lot of the different people are a lot nicer than some of the "older" people

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sonoma has always a bit slow and dead. It's been about the same for a while, maybe getting a bit more dead. One of those things that happens ever so slowly that you don't notice it :p
There are times when I consider taking one of my characters and transferring to a slightly more active shard. But then I look at the costs of buying one of those tokens, lol.

J

Jack Tallow

Its a different game, with a lot of different people, but I will say a lot of the different people are a lot nicer than some of the "older" people
We're still considered a rather unfriendly shard, believe it or not. I imagine that's compounded now by the fact that most of our remaining playerbase consists of either A) PvP transplants from other shards and B) People who have been here forever and have the "if I don't know you you don't matter" mentality.

My main complaint is my toys are mostly gone. No more looks of surprise when that pvp'er can't find his orange petals, no more wild chases through champ spawns as I try to make off with the gold... and as far as going to another shard? A pox on thee!

Why leave a shard where you can freely place towers, you know everyone (that remains), that you lived on since the shard was created (under many names, but usually a thief), just to go somewhere where prices are tripled and housing is wall to wall? We've always been a tight-knit community. The community being smaller just makes it a political powderkeg, waiting for the fuse to be lit. I wouldn't miss that show for the world.

But I'm too late, Ron already won the thread.... dammit.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sonoma has always a bit slow and dead. It's been about the same for a while, maybe getting a bit more dead. One of those things that happens ever so slowly that you don't notice it :p
There are times when I consider taking one of my characters and transferring to a slightly more active shard. But then I look at the costs of buying one of those tokens, lol.
*cough PACIFIC cough*

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, that or Atlantic. Might try Pacific first considering I'm on the west coast :p

But hey, pass me a transfer token for free and I'll gladly leave for Pacific :D

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, that or Atlantic. Might try Pacific first considering I'm on the west coast :p

But hey, pass me a transfer token for free and I'll gladly leave for Pacific :D
Well , if you're West Coast.. Most likely you'll be pinging anywhere from the high 90s to 150s. It's unplayable.. For those who PvP.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well , if you're West Coast.. Most likely you'll be pinging anywhere from the high 90s to 150s. It's unplayable.. For those who PvP.
I haven't tried PvPing on the east coast shards, but from just running around it seems to ping fine for me. But I will give it a test and see how it goes beforehand if I am planning to x-fer to an east coast shard.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
This shows a pathetic amount of Shard spirit. Time for you all to speak up. Frankly I provide you several houses for your shard and I would expect a beter showing against this kind of stupid drama. Sonoma you area all much beter than this so let's step up.

J

[JD]

I just started over on this shard after a 10 year break about a month and a half ago. I've found most people to actually be REALLY friendly. But I'm hanging around new haven/tram, so I cannot speak for anywhere else.

Sometimes it does appear very dead at times, I'm a mage/tamer always looking for fun... feel free to PM me if anyone wants to hang and do stuff.

Playing this game alone is boring IMO, its the people that makes things worth it.. if you can find the right ones.

My ICQ=571034660

J

Jack Tallow

This shows a pathetic amount of Shard spirit. Time for you all to speak up. Frankly I provide you several houses for your shard and I would expect a beter showing against this kind of stupid drama. Sonoma you area all much beter than this so let's step up.
Hey, how about you crawl back under your rock? The last thing anyone wants is some self-important pompous nobody trying to act important and berate our "spirit". Who are you again? I'm pretty sure I know everyone that matters on this shard..... and you're not one of them. From that, we can conclude that whatever houses you're "providing" don't mean squat....

And as far as Tenki... take Pacific and jam it where the sun don't shine, amigo. If it were such a fantastic shard, we'd already be playing there. Plus, if it's the last great golden state of UO, why are Pacific lackeys out scouting other shard forums for players? Get lost, your kind isn't needed on Sonoma.

Be warned, my friends, for I wield Idiotbane!! +3 Shovel of *WHAM* and *dig*dig*digging*

Just because Sonoma is in a slump, you jackals think we don't still love her. Fools....

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, how about you crawl back under your rock? The last thing anyone wants is some self-important pompous nobody trying to act important and berate our "spirit". Who are you again? I'm pretty sure I know everyone that matters on this shard..... and you're not one of them. From that, we can conclude that whatever houses you're "providing" don't mean squat....

And as far as Tenki... take Pacific and jam it where the sun don't shine, amigo. If it were such a fantastic shard, we'd already be playing there. Plus, if it's the last great golden state of UO, why are Pacific lackeys out scouting other shard forums for players? Get lost, your kind isn't needed on Sonoma.

Be warned, my friends, for I wield Idiotbane!! +3 Shovel of *WHAM* and *dig*dig*digging*

Just because Sonoma is in a slump, you jackals think we don't still love her. Fools....
That is very rude, you heartless scum!!
The reason why us Pacific goers are jumping on other shard boards is to take players off the crappy *cough Sonoma, Baja, Origin, Lake Austin, and Napa valley * West Coast shards and introduce them to an active community and fast-growing PvP scene. :grouphug:

Maddwg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiyas Jack.

Long time no see. Lots of stuff happened in RL that caused me to leave. Now, I have NO time. I'm working two jobs...long story. One of 'em is teaching at college. (suckers)
At least Stratics remembered you. Apparently, Maddwg never was. :confused:

I have a bunch of your stuff. I'll reopen my account as soon as I get a minute and let you sort out what ya want. What's mine is yours. If I do, I'll have to do something fer a tale or two before I climb back under my rock.

Good to see that your still kicking! First drinks on you.

Maddwg

PS I bet Pacific doesn't even have a raconteur and 99% of the shard has no idea what one is. Pffft.

J

JocelynofSonoma

MADDWG! *Runs up and gives him a BIG hug!!* Have missed you much! Come home! You're right - NO ONE has stepped up to Raconteur dangit! Seriously - even though you sound time constrained - hope all is going well with you! Say Hi to Karen for me! .....and consider coming back - miss your stories! ...mmm I also miss rezzing Dragonsnack - hope he's resting comfortably on clean hay and dining on shredded cooked chicken. Would have to be shredded - I'm sure by now he's lost most of his teeth after being kicked by monsters as much as he was............

L

Lord Drakelord

Hiyas Jack.

Long time no see. Lots of stuff happened in RL that caused me to leave. Now, I have NO time. I'm working two jobs...long story. One of 'em is teaching at college. (suckers)
At least Stratics remembered you. Apparently, Maddwg never was. :confused:

I have a bunch of your stuff. I'll reopen my account as soon as I get a minute and let you sort out what ya want. What's mine is yours. If I do, I'll have to do something fer a tale or two before I climb back under my rock.

Good to see that your still kicking! First drinks on you.

Maddwg

PS I bet Pacific doesn't even have a raconteur and 99% of the shard has no idea what one is. Pffft.

And not even a howdo over at PAS forum either, we missed you son, you really need to come home to Sonoma. Besides we have all those news lands in Ter Mur for you to check out.

Best of luck in the real world!

B

Budweiser KDL

Pac has a far better pvp base than Sonoma. I play both shards. If you feel your shard is dead, maybe it's because of your attitude, or because people are alrdy moving on to more populated pvp shards like Pac, or maybe both. Tenki plays many shards also, so he knows if your shard is dead or not. I'd bet he has a char here. ;)

M

Monk/Mongoose

well i am back as well kinda off and on, logged in only thing really had left was huge bank account so all good there just now getting geared back up!!!!

and i see mr. Ron is back half way. just looking for a spawn/pvp guild now to join....