• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Alliance Fishing contest - no skill required.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Midnight Hunter's Club is proud to announce the following contest:

UNDERWORLD FISHING CONTEST

Dates: Only fish caught with dates between August 24-SEPTEMBER 15, 2011 (new end date), inclusive.

Fish Types Eligible: Any fish type one can catch ONLY in the Underworld. As such, Lava Fish are ineligible for this competition.
Red Herring and Mud Puppy fish are native to the waters, and as they are needed for low-end quests, can be fished for at 0 skill. Thus, the location for the contest. Largest of either type wins. Only one fish per type may be entered per player, though if a player catches a better fish, they can swap it out. Tunnel Crab are the other eligible type, but they require 120 fishing to catch, in traps.

The fisher must present the fish in person to Dark Angel XXXX or me (I.E. any of our characters) to be judged, preferably during the contest. Entries can be submitted starting Thursday (need time to let Arwen know about the contest), with the deadline being 11 PM Central on September 1.
Since the fish will have characters' names and dates on them, Everyone in the alliance is eligible to participate (including the judges).

Persons outside the alliance can participate if they meet me or DA and declare their intent to participate, using their character that will do the fishing, and only fish caught starting the NEXT DAY will be eligible (so as to not have someone catch a whopper, THEN decide to join). Note that, due to the servers using GMT, any requests to join after 7 PM Eastern (instead of midnight) will typically be required to wait 24 hours to start fishing for eligible fish.

Prizes:

1st Place overall: 1 Million gold, and having 45 items of your choice crafted by Andy (my tailor) using barbed kits.

Best OTHER Fish: As there are two fish types and one crab type eligible, the biggest fish/crab of other eligible types will get 500k, and 15 items crafted by Andy with a Barbed Kit.

Consolation prize: All persons (other than my characters) submitting a fish that doesn't win will be in a drawing for a Clothing Bless Deed.

Record-Buster: If either of the winning fish types sets the cross-shard record weight for those fish, a Clothing Bless Deed and other prizes to be determined will be added to the existing ones for that fish. Your best chance for this award is to go for Tunnel Crab.

Best Showing by non-scrolled fisher (optional): Whoever catches the biggest eligible fish with an actual FISHER that hasn't scrolled up to 120 yet, will get the next 120 PS that I get from quests. Scroll MUST be used when awarded.

Note that If I win, since I am supplying the prizes, any prizes I would get will be rolled for randomly (for example, if I catch the biggest fish, then one person will randomly get the 1 million check, and 3 others will each receive a Barbed Kit).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fishing contest extended to September 15, since I've had issues (personal and computer) that have kept me from spending more than a couple hours in game this past week.

D

Dark Angel XXXX

Sounds good !!!
Let me know if you need anything