• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"All Purpose Weapon" w/Chaos Damage?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I hunt a specific type of mob, I carry the matching slayer, etc. But often I run into multiple mob types on the way to or around the target mob. Over the years UO has mixed the mob types so that it is often hard to use EOO consistently or have a single slayer during a hunt. I do not like carrying every slayer on me at all times. It is just too much clutter. So I make an all purpose weapon or two to carry with me (2-3 leaches, SSI, DI, & maybe a to hit effect) - 100% physical to cover the other mobs I run into.

Since physical resist is often the highest resist of most mobs, what about using a 100% Chaos damage weapon instead of a 100% physical for an all purpose weapon? Wouldn't that make it "more" all purpose. You can always continually cast consecrate weapon. But I guess I am too lazy to do that.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
100% chaos damage weapons are useless.
I'd rather carry 3 general purpose weapons, 100% fire, 100% cold and 100% energy instead.

With chaos damage, onslaught is useless and too often it will roll the damage type your target has high resist or is 100% invincible to (poison damage against balrons in Blackthorn, for one).

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I used a 100% Chaos damage Disc Mace as a "weapon without slayer". It's slightly better than a 100% physical one.
Having 3 general purpose weapons - fire, cold, energy - is a good idea, although I'd make them specific - for example - 100% energy with hit lightning, 100% fire with hit mana drain, 100% cold with spell channelling..

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The color is kinda cool, but besides that they are not that usefull. If only they had excluded physical damage from the chaos list, then weapons with chaos damage would have been awesome.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have a few comp bows that have 100% chaos damage that work for me, but all my toons that utilize melee weapon skills have 100% elemental weapons with appropriate slayers. If you can get yourself a set of Cameos, then you can just switch back and forth between appropriate cameo and appropriate elemental weapon and should always be able to get off good amount of damage per second.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought slayer talismans only worked for melee weapons?