• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

All accounts need to be set to free

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol you choose to pay for that many accounts i dont get your point
Guess what I ran into a few friends in doing so ... So its not so bad waiting for the Dev's to fix the problem in EAL.... Hey cut them some slack... They could be home in bed and or w/ their families and put this on hold till tomorrow .....

[/ QUOTE ]

PFFT! In all honesty, for me, they might as well, i have about another hour that i COULD play if EALand was online, and after that its over for me for he night so i could care if they choose to take it over till tomorrow and get a good nights sleep.

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

PFFT! In all honesty, for me, they might as well, i have about another hour that i COULD play if EALand was online, and after that its over for me for he night so i could care if they choose to take it over till tomorrow and get a good nights sleep
Hey there is a good thing about this you know .... You can good a good nites sleep ... LOL i know many a nigh i dont get enough sleep because im in game and cant leave..... So take it easy and relax a bit.... Im sure the Dev's are working the best and as fast as they can on this problem... Give them a lil credit ....

Thank You Dev's For all your hard work and Dedication !!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Claudia, your a cheerleader, but at least your a nice one lol. Nice to meet ya!

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

Hey princessreyna !!!!!!!!!!! Nice to meet ya too ....

Trying to keep everyone's spirits up w/ the game.... You know the Devs are doing there best to fix it .... Im sure they are sorry this happen ... But he look at it from this pt of view..... It gets fix today .... it wont be there tomorrow ..... hey it happens......

If i dont give ya a response back i probably went to bed .. Have a great night princessreyna !!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

i also play another beta game and that game is also FREE so yes i do agree with you that they should do something here about that..... or atleast let the ones who have paid for this game have a free month atleast too make up for all of this downtime....

[/ QUOTE ]

wat game im getting sick the downtime an id rather save money lol

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

<blockquote><hr>

I think I wouldn't mind the game shutting down for a couple of months and them working on a game that would be 10x as good and worth $10.

If they weren't focused on keeping the servers up all the time they could make a great game. Then they could open it back up.

Unlike some of the people who play this I can handle not playing this game for a while. Others might have a meltdown.

The $10 from lets say 5,000 subscribers would at least triple if this game was more newb friendly and had way MORE content. Then once they get the game back up they will be making 3x as much and we will have 3x as much fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like venting...

I agree with this previous post. I was a beta tester... that was fun. Minimal cost (wasn't it $5 or something?). That's not the issue, however I KNEW what I was getting into.

Game went live. I started my account. Played for about a year. Got boring. Left about mid 2004.

Get the email about EA Land... 'come back... we will give you your junk and your skill locks...' (I created and subscribed before the end of February. Nevermind the fact we just now find out amnesty doesnt really start until Apr. 30th-they sure didnt mention this) weee... I resubscribe.

Nothing has changed. Same stuff, same clothes, same sims, same jobs, blah blah blah... oh, but less money. I have no idea how some of the old timers have stayed. Now we are stuck in this beta thing? again? I don't know, I have the email but I dont want to get into my email now... but I sure didnt get the feeling that they wanted our money (again) for a tester thing. I understand moving cities and what not.. but wow.

I'm holding on for that HUGE thing that is supposed to happen. I can't wait months...let alone years. pffft not EVEN worth it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

PFFT! obviously i could get a free account or set mine to free accounts if i didnt want to have any fun whatsoever in game.

[/ QUOTE ]From the looks of it, you're not having any fun whatsoever in game now! What would be different?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh i missed your post in here earlier, not sure why i am bothering replying to it now, so i wont!

G

<blockquote><hr>

yeah duncan i know what you are saying but, for me, this has been going on for several months, how long am i supposed to wait? Its been going on for longer than that for some of the diehard fans. What is the timeline here? Noone knows! Yeah there is a deadline to make the game profitable, that doesnt mean that all of this will be straightened out by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a choice. If *you* want to play on a free account and accept the limitations that go along with it, you certainly may.....but there are others who are paying their monthly fees for the extra benefits, and taking the bad along with the good and we WANT to support EA, not because *this* product is necessarily worth $10 a month, but because we believe that the money we pay now is ensuring that in 6 months we'll still have a game to play, a game that will be WELL worth $10 a month, if not more.

This game won't survive without revenue and what you are suggesting would kill it. Do people not understand that the plug would have already been pulled if Luc had not stepped in and become our saving grace? He was given a timeline to make this game work, and to put it into profitable margins. You're suggesting the opposite....not more money for EA, less. I hope by now you can see your idea is logical and beneficial from the consumer's point of view, but not from a business standpoint.....not with the ultimatum that the team has now. We need people that will weather the storm and take the good with the bad, or none of us have a chance of even having this game to play one day a week, so when you think about it even being down for a solid 24 hours in a 7 day period isn't so terrible as not being able to log in ever again.

J

jammybob

my question is why they had to close TSO before EA Land was ready?
Yes, the economy was crazy but it was still a playable game. We could happily still be in AV or BF or wherever whilst they worked all this stuff out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

my question is why they had to close TSO before EA Land was ready?
Yes, the economy was crazy but it was still a playable game. We could happily still be in AV or BF or wherever whilst they worked all this stuff out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every city that is open takes up server room, so that would require more resources, which raises overhead and lowers profit, not to mention dividing the community. Even AV and BF were starting to be ghost towns before the production cities were closed down since TC3 was opened up.

With EA Land now added to that, I'm not convinced alot of people would still have been playing in AV and BF and those that did would only be playing there because they wanted to play with those skilled sims. Now they have those skilled sims in EA Land, everybody is in one spot, and minus the lag and bugs, everybody is reasonably happy.

If you were in AV and BF and making money, your money would still be wiped when you finally moved over to EAL so you'd basically be spinning your wheels on a treadmill, not getting anywhere which is why most people had abandoned the production cities anyway in spite of having to start on new sims in TC3. So no, that would not have worked out as well as it seems it might have on the surface.