• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Alchemical Bowling 06/25/14

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alchemical Bowling Tournament

Welcome to Alchemical Bowling! We are expanding our little Legends game and giving it a shot here on Great Lakes. Hope you enjoy.

When: Wednesday June 25, 2014 7:30 central / 8:30 eastern
Where: A Luna bank gate will be provided about 20 minutes before the event.
Length: 30 minutes - 1 hour
Prizes: Prizes for the top scorer of each lane.

The Simple Description: When called upon, the bowler just needs to step on the head alchemical tile TEN times. The lane attendant will do the scoring and guiding. That’s it! You can stop reading here or read on for the boring mechanics of it all.

Game-play: The bowling will be done using alchemical symbol tiles and pins (carpet squares). The bowler steps onto a tile at the head of the lane and is randomly transported to one of six on the other end, all with pins on them at the start of the game. When a bowler lands on a tile with a pin on it, the pin shall be removed. If a bowler lands on a tile where the pin has already been removed, it is a gutter ball. After each roll the bowler returns to the head of the lane and prepares to roll again until the game is completed.

Each bowler will have TEN attempts per game to try to knock down all SIX pins in their lane. Each bowler will bowl a THREE game set and the bowler with the highest combined total score wins. A tie will be decided by a one game bowl-off.

Bowlers are only competing against the group assigned to that lane, not the whole house. The top scorer of the LANE wins.

Scoring:
  • Each pin within the game is worth ONE point.
  • A STRIKE bonus of THREE points is awarded for successfully hitting the head pin on the FIRST attempt.
  • A SPARE bonus of TWO points is awarded if a bowler knocks down all SIX pins in a game, plus ONE point per attempt they did not need to clear the lane.
(Example) A bowler knocks down 5 pins using all 10 attempts without a strike.
5(pin points)= 5 point game

(Example)
A bowler knocks down all 6 pins using 8 of 10 attempts without a strike.
6(pin points)+2(spare bonus)+2(unused attempts)= 10 point game

(Example)
A bowler knocks down all 6 pins using 6 of 10 attempts and had a strike. PERFECT GAME!
6(pin points)+3(strike bonus)+2(spare bonus)+4(unused attempts)= 15 point game

Last edited:

Vivian Fellows

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sounds fun but I would have suggested putting up notice a week prior rather than the day before. News doesn't really travel fast on Great Lakes and often it takes a full week before people become aware. Just saying in case you have small turnout.

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you. It was pretty much a last minute decision to hold this on the only available day I had open for quite some time. I decided I would rather run it than not. I agree with the notice and will plan it out well in advance if we do another. It seemed to be well received so just may.
I will be posting the winners soon.

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And on the BLUE lane the winner was:
Dark Night X with a score of 30 points! That is the best score we have had yet. Congratulations!

On the PINK lane the winner was:
Lola with a score of 25 points. Congratulations!

On the RED lane the winner was:
Damia with a score of 20 points. Congratulations!

On the Green lane the winner was:
Drinyill with a score of 15 points. Congratulations!

Thank you all who came out. If we do another I will get more notice out there.