• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ahh to be young!!

• Thread starter Sally Bumblefoot
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

Sally Bumblefoot

I was playing for a short time this afternoon with a toon, who will remain nameless to protect the innocent, and she made an OWOOOOOO kind of noise and mentioned how funny it sounded. Well, I ALWAYS play without sound (with 4 kids I have noise enough, thank you very much) unless I am in the CJ (or skyping with Josh, Pinky, or Stubby). This afternoon I decided to put in a CD instead of having the quiet. I almost always listen to classical music but decided to have a blast from the past. I told her I was listening to CDs instead of TT noises and she asked which ones. I told her Journey and Boston and she was like "who????". Now I know I am only 25 and all, but I couldnt believe it!! Maybe it is just me, but I thought these 2 groups were timeless!!! Man I feel old!! You know I luv ya bunny but I will be asking!!!:)

S

soupandquackers

im not old and i have heard of journey but not boston, my sf said music helped him max racing faster, he said metallica was good racing music:party:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My 17 yr old daughter LOVES Boston. And Yes. And Janis. It's creepy. lol I tried her on Journey but she didn't like it. She found all this herself, so I thought I'd expand on it. I guess since I showed it to her it wasn't as cool. :coco:

L

Little Sadie

Wow I am old! Journey and Boston were some of my favorite groups. Of course I was a big Aerosmith fan too!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and for the record, she read over my shoulder and LOVES Journey now. And, of course, doesn't remember when I introduced them to her. Gotta love kids!

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I am raising very strange kids. They got ME hooked on classical music!!! My 2 sons play cello and my girls play violin (my oldest dgt <16>plays viola also) and the older 2 are really into multiple orchestras. You know something is wrong when your 16 year old requests Vivaldi's concerto number 3 for Christmas!! When I gave her the CD along with a CD of Vivaldi's string quartets she was in heaven!! They look at me like I am totally nuts when I break out some of my "old" music. Oh and Aerosmith was one of my favorites also!!! I should break out the Led Zepplin and see their reaction (and YES that was way before my time but I used to love it)!!!

The beauty thing here is the fact that since some of us are skyping while we play, I had to go buy a headset for the computer. Now I can get on TT, pop in a CD, and put on the headset. My kids can't hear the music so they think I am totally normal now!! And BONUS I dont hear their noise either!! Thanks Josh and Pinky!!!!:thumbup1:

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Speaking of Journey. Has anyone heard the new singer they replaced Steve Perry with? You can't hardly tell the difference. I can't wait to hear more from them in the future.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Sorry, it will NEVER be Journey without either Steve Perry or Neil Schon!!! Kinda like Van Halen without David Lee Roth. Its just wrong!! Just cant submit to that one!!!!:sad3: LOL

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Indeed it will not be the same but I am hopeful that they produce some higher quality then Van Halen Did after David Lee Roth.

All you Van Halen fans don't take this personally. I did enjoy some of the songs but nothing was like the origionals.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of Journey. Has anyone heard the new singer they replaced Steve Perry with? You can't hardly tell the difference. I can't wait to hear more from them in the future.
Arnel Pineda. You should hear his other covers aside from Journey. They come pretty close too. But I have an untrained ear so others might disagree.

Journey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88nfiZ-yy5Q
The Police: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLHOQz8N8Gk

I can't remember how Boston sounded (although I should be old enough to) so here is his Boston cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf-2Rk_uIPU

I came across a blog about him a month ago and googled and youtube'd him a whole night (stalker alert?) during one of my insomnia attacks. He comes from my country which is one other reason for my interest.