• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ahh all the new stuff

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok first. How do I talk in the Chat channels. So lost!

Second, I wont be doing pvp this time around and Id like to enjoy the game itself and pvm and crafting. Is imbuing something I should look into?

Third! What does everyone use to communicate? ICQ still? AIM? I dont remember my pass to either of those so I am just gonna make a new one!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also! How the hell do I make my screen bigger? Its friggen tiny! Do I need to download the new client thing? I prefer the classic client but I will take a look at the new one if I can actually see it!

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reforging is done by an Imbuer, which takes a lot of time and a lot of loot (to unravel) . Plus you will want a dedicated tinker,smith,carpenter, tailor, bowyer,glassblower to make your "blanks" to reforge - plus a stash of all the various runic tools. Once you are trained up to 120, use a race change token or soulstone to a Gargoyle character to get that small but handy racial Imbuing bonus. Then you will need to hunt for a month - preferablly in the Cavern of the Discarded (90% of the imbuing ingredients found there) to build up a stockpile of materials before making your own gear...

Or you can do like most - have the established Imbuers make what you need :)

If I was starting over, I myself would not spend the time and gold to build an Imbuer/Reforger, I would spend that time gathering the ingredients to sell to crafters:)

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the help! Ill decide what I want to do. I have to decide what I want to do. I already have my smith at 120 blacksmith and tailoring. I was working on becoming a bowyer before I left. Looks like I will be adding Imbuing and such to the list.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you need a 120 imbuing scroll, just say and I will burn 50 relic frags to get one to you. :)

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh thanks bea! I will let you know! Right now I am trying to figure out how to rebuild my archer bard.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you need a 120 imbuing scroll, just say and I will burn 50 relic frags to get one to you. :)
Much more cost effective to turn in 500 Enc Ess to get 10 PS115 then Binder them. This way you also get 10 chances at receiving a runic mallet as bonus reward.

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just ignore this if you already know but for chat make sure you are in a chat channel by clicking on the CHAT text on the tab at the top of the screen, General is what everyone uses. Then to talk you want to use comma key and space then type your message. Alot of people are using ventrillo to talk to each other, otherwise most everyone in the UO community has ICQ. Imbuing and reforging is a must in todays UO, look for McNuges in game we will be happy to get you started or help you with any questions. Very happy to see some returning players.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as to the screen, in classic there is no option on the size unless ya do the full screen thingie..... enhanced I don't have a clue about cause it looks like crap on my machine and I won't use it (all the deco I spend hours on in classic and I log in with enhanced and not even sure I'm in the same house)

but if you're having trouble with those old eyes, you might like the enhanced.... it has that scrolling feature that lets ya zoom in and out

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Much more cost effective to turn in 500 Enc Ess to get 10 PS115 then Binder them. This way you also get 10 chances at receiving a runic mallet as bonus reward.
But it takes soooo long. I am quite the lazy girl. :p

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I left the game shorty after Stygian abyss where does one get relic fragments? Are they as fun to collect as ZOOGIES??

T

Tazar

Since I left the game shorty after Stygian abyss where does one get relic fragments? Are they as fun to collect as ZOOGIES??
To get Relic fragments - you'll have to "Unravel" high level items with the imbuing skill. The higher the item's magic weight - or intensity - the better the chance of getting relic fragments.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To get Relic fragments - you'll have to "Unravel" high level items with the imbuing skill. The higher the item's magic weight - or intensity - the better the chance of getting relic fragments.
Thanks, must be those things when I unravel a container and it tells me I suck too much at imbuing to unravel them.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tyrath, if you have a t-hunter that's a good source for working up the imbue process, just bring all the junk home and unravel... and ya prolly know this, but you get a bump if your imbuer is a gargoyle

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope LOL I just learned last night you can't do a box of Iron spears. Putting my T Hunter to work doesn't sound like a bad idea forgot how much junk can be collected even from a clever map. I read somewhere to train as a human and then race change or soul stone to a Gargoyle because the bonus slows training but is worthwile once you are trained up. UO is actually fun again after a couple year break and not knowing everything. Like getting slaughtered in despise when I sent a noobish toon down stairs to train on ettins that are not there anymore LOL.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have found that burning through dull copper hammers to make magic daggers to unravel gave me quite good gains until I was around 90. Then I started to make daggers out of golden and using shadow runics. :p
Once you're around 100, unraveling neo shame loot will bring you to 120.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well got to 64.8 unraveling oak and ash repeating cBs. They make a lot of the pink blobs going to be a while before I collect the bods to have any serious amount of DC runic hammers to burn. LOL and my 120 smithing was on one of the stones I forgot to bank

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Eh, I have a few dozen small bods for DC hammers stacked somewhere.
Once I am in game, you can have them.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found a vendor that had 30 of them for 10k each and just happened to sell 1000 trans powder for 300k so I am pretty well stocked on DC hammers. At the moment. Also learning about the bribing for better bods and the new way bods are handed out.