• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Against peerless bosses

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Till now I checked Dread Horn and Lady Melisande.
Discordance decreases their resistances/skills by 1-3.

Is it a known bug or a feature?
What's about other peerless bosses?

Herp!

Journeyman
This is true of all peerless. I've actually noted changed in skill of .1, no more, and resists by 1. Disco is completely worthless for what it is meant to do on most bosses. It is a known bug that has been ignored by the devs for at least the past 7 years that I've been back in the game.

However, on Dark Fathers, and I believe Shadowguard bosses (I will check this week some time to verify if I can) it works as intended. I have not done ANYTHING boss related since pub 95 released so I need to go check again, but I've actually dropped disco off almost all bard combo chars I have for peace or some other useful skill due to the complete lack of its usefulness. It's sad, but I think they may have realized how powerful 20% reductions were & just nerfed it into the ground.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I tested Slasher - it's OK. On the roof it should be OK too, because I kill them (Anon, Ozi) 3x faster with a bard.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think there are a few peerless who "shrug off" some of the effect of Discord... pretty sure Meli is one of them. There should be a message when you disco them.

Not sure how many other ML peerless do it cause it's been forever and a day since I did them.

I also think Disco effect is 1/2 for any critter with a bard difficulty of 160 or more. Not sure if this is the same effect as the above or not.