• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

After being gone for long yrs, wanted to say hello..

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning folks,

Played UO from just after release for about 6 or 7 yrs, left for a few yrs, returned for a short time, left for yrs again, and signed up again yesterday. It's nice to see that there are still folks around who's names I remember. I even remember a post from you Poo, that had to do with UO not liking your name very much....way back in the day. I used to run on Baja, using the names DM, Sleeper, Hump, Mac or Big Mac...there was 1 more, but can't remember at the moment.

Well just wanted to say hello to the folks in the forum for Bards, the toon that I always had the most fun playing. Since they can't seem to find my old acct to activate it again (damn, millions of gold and lots of good stuff.....gone), I need to get started with making a new toon.

I'll create a new post with my first questions. Good to see everyone again, hope to see ya's in game folks.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ah yes, fresh meat for the grinder!!!!

hehe, good to see ya back, its hard to stay away isnt it!

while i dont play on Baja, i DID at one time.
so while i cant help ya out with anything like gold or toys (i know you didnt ask, but its allways nice to offer) but what i CAN help you out with, if you need it, is i have a fully functional Mule there.

120 smith, tailor, IMBUING and all the other fun and fluffy mule stuff (carp, bow, tink ect ect ect)

so if ya need a quick LRC suit to get ya going, or if ya need something imbued drop me a line, id be happy to help ya out.

or, if ya need a bag of GM EX music instruments let me know.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"ah yes, fresh meat for the grinder!!!!"

Now wait just a minute.....I turned 56 this year so I'm anything but fresh, maybe old, tough, with enough grizzle to jam up the grinder....but fresh, NEVER!!

"hehe, good to see ya back, its hard to stay away isnt it!"

Ya know, I played WOW for 5 or so yrs, and it seems I always ended up comparing my playing WOW with UO. It was my first fully immersed experience in gaming, and I guess I never really left it behind, so here I am again.

And I see that although lots has changed in game, one thing hasn't....your first post to me was to offer assistance. Thank you and one day maybe I'll take you up on that offer, but for now, I'll just remember the offer and make the same to folks I meet along the way.

Ya ever wanna play on Baja again, ya now have another someone there that would be happy to harass ya, tease the crap out of ya, and help in any way in his power.

B

Bort of Atlantic

I made a similar journey (I played WoW for a similar length of time, and now I'm back to UO). The first thing I would look into is the Bard quests. They improve success chance with your skills and give access to masteries. Welcome back!