• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Advise on PVP composite bow please !

Dennis Wong

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Dear all professionals:

I am planning to make a composite for pvp.

The existing 4 properties are:

Swing Speed
balance
hit lighting
damage increase

There is still 1 property i would like to imbue. but i am thinking whether i should imbue
hit lower defense or hit velocity.

I am not using 211 or 210 stam armor set. I use the mace and shield and hereby already have
30 hit lower defense and it seems not stack with the weapon.

so should i imbue hit velocity so that the moving slot or normal shot is more powerful???

Thanks !

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the same bow and added HLD but I don't use mace n shield glasses. If you have HLD I would go for velocity.

Dennis Wong

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
you are using 211 stam armor?
If yes, i really want to like to to know the difference between :

1. SSI 60 with 190 stam (1.5s , buffer 40 stam. if below 150 stam, then will 1.75s)
2 SSI 60 with 211 stam (1.25s , but if u just got only 1 hit .. below 210 stam then also 1.5s .. unless u keep drinking refresh potion but i think it is trouble ) and you give up HLD 30 from mace and shield and damage increase 10 ( vvv) !

therefore, i am planning to make SSI 60 with 190 stam ( more flexible, and with HLD) ... am i right?? ( Sure, i know many people using 211 stam... but is it really really much effective than the option 1 ??

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I run 211 stamina and 55 ssi to hit max speed 1.25s.

Sure as soon as I get hit my stamina drops a little and slows down the swing speed but chugging refresh sorts this out. Remember it only slows you down, you are still able to shoot!

I mainly use a 50ssi composite bow, balanced, HLD, Hit lightning and some DI.

I also carry a normal bow for mortal and para and a crossbow for dismount.

My new project is to use some new jewels for this char and have 15 ssi on my suit and dropping the ssi on my bow down a bit. At the moment I have 5 ssi on a jewel and 50 on my bow.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't really answer to be honest as I've only ever run my template and suit this way with my archer. It would be nice to give the mace and shield glasses a try as they do have some nice properties. Also having the HLD means it would allow me to have hit lightning or fireball and velocity.

Have you made the character? If you like we could meet up on test center and do some testing.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Are you going reforge SSI?
50 DI, 50 HL, Balanced, 40 SI = 536 weight = no room for 5th mod

Also you probably get unwanted mod by reforging... that will occupy the room left.

Dennis Wong

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
30 ssi, damage increase 15 is needed of my bow (100%enhanced by ash to achieve 10% ssi more) .
what i want to know is the difference between 211 and not 211 ( the above two option ) is it really obvious ....

because i would like to make, 50 HL, and around 44 velocity...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reforge a Comp Bow to 40% SSI, use a Whetstone to remove the DI, imbue with 50% Hit Lightning+50% Hit Velocity+HLD. Enhance with Ash for 50% SSI. You can get enough damage from Tact+Anat and Dam Inc on Talisman/Jewels to still hit for 35 with AI every time, not counting the Hit Lightning/Hit Velocity procs. Does 50+ damage if both Hit Lightning and Hit Velocity go off on an AI. You can still get up to 1.25 sec attack speed with it too if you have 210 Stam. Makes for a goddamn lethal bow.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to use Moving Shot effectively, dont use hit lightning, cause it lets you stop moving shortly.