• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Advice

• Thread starter MissPoodledoodle
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

MissPoodledoodle

I need some advice about a SF. We have been SFs for awhile now and I met her at a stratics run, but I dont think she is stratics. Well, our lower toons are SFs, mine was started after hers. I've almost caught up to her, and one day when I logged on she whispered to me "Please dont pass me up." And I was like :confused: I asked her why it mattered and she said she works harder. Well, Im not going to let her stop me. If I pass her I pass her. And when she says that if I help her she will help me, she lies. I help her and when I need help she gives me the sad face and starts to cry and says but I dont need that. And when we were doing a building, I chose sound and she did trap, and the cog died and the trap was waisted. She gave me the cold shoulder for the rest of the day. Now I know she isnt a good friend, but idk if I should x her or not. Some of my SFs says she is mean. But she comes to stratics runs, and some of my SFs are her SF, and they dont have a problem with her. Help!!

S

soupandquackers

I say "x" her. If she wont help you from time to time then she isnt a friend.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gosh the last time I replied without knowing the person beforehand I got ripped on. But if everything you're saying is true, then I'd agree, it's obviously not a two-way friendship and I'd X her if it were me.

G

Granjell

It definitely sounds like this person is not as mature as you, and the "friendship" is just a way for her to get your help without returning the favor. I'd delete her too. I felt bad about deleting some non-sf friends that I'd had for quite a while, but they were expecting me to spend all my time doing THEIR tasks, and get mad if I wanted to do something else. If someone pulls the "angry" on me for wanting to do my own thing, they're outahere!

S

Squeaker

I'd have to agree with the others. If the sf is ruining your enjoyment of a game, then she is not a friend. I have deleted some and have been deleted by others. You don't know if you are going to get along with someone and many times you feel it's too late to change your mind. Which is wrong. Sometimes it's just not a good match. No problem there, just nix the friendship and move on. Hopefully, there will be no hard feelings on either part. My daughter has this same problem all the time. Sometimes she just plays one of her small toons for a few days until that person either forgets about it or realizes that it is a game and they really don't know each other anyway. Eventually, they can play again in the same group of friends, while not sf with each other. Good luck with whatever you choose!

S

SaraFunnyweather

Just because friends of yours don't have a problem you shouldn't feel guilty about not getting along with someone. Sometimes the chemistry is all wrong between people and other times a person might act differently with different people. Judging by what you say I'd say this toon is not acting like a friend so you shouldn't have to feel to guilty about letting her go. I hope it works out for you!

S

Sally Bumblefoot

This is still going on Ginger??? What in the world??? You haven't passed her yet??? LOL!! You must be slowing down!! Seriously, she wont help you, wont listen to your concerns (and is being extremely selfish), and has a very unforgiving spirit. Time to move on Darlin!!! Easier said than done.:hug:

M

MissPoodledoodle

Thanks guys. I know that I SHOULD x her, but I'm afraid some of my other SFs will get mad at me. And I run into her ALL the time in game. IDK *sigh*

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I cant speak on a personal level on this cause I don't know the friend, I do however know of her. I have seen you battling with her while my wife is HELPING you like friends are supposed to do. I see how it is upsetting. But if your friend can't take that you have mroe tiem or bette choice making skills then her then it's her problem not yours. I wouldn't worry about her other toon and the runs. I am sure like myself the rest of your friends are gonna look out for you in battle.

What's a STINKY hurt anyway. I get it all the time cause I wont friend everyone that asks me.

There is plenty of people on Toontown that are willing to play as a team and are happy to see when a FRIEND gets better and new gags and more laff.

Just my .02 but I would X her and let her find new friends to mooch off of.

Your ok in my book no matter what everyone else on stratics and toontown says about you.:hug:

WHo cares what everyone else thinks. If this person is trying to overpower you then take charge. I am sure they will figure out how this person is sooner or later. Probably sooner then you think most likely.

Life is what you make it. So lets make GOOD friends and have ALOT OF FUN DOING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

MissPoodledoodle

I'm still thinking. lol. She makes TT feel like a competition.:sword: :gun: :fight:

G

Gracie07

Omg ive been in the same situation before! what ive done was i xed the toon and if they came back and saw that i did that i would ignore them because you have a reason to x her and if your other sfs get mad that you xed her they are not your true sfs.

L

loadexfa

The "X" button is your friend. The annoying SF is not. :) Even if other SF's get mad, you'll have me and that's all you'll ever need! Heh. Seriously, what Gracie said. If your other SF's get mad then they're not your SF's. Who are they to judge if you want to be SF's with theirs or not??

W

Winky2008

I must say that I agree with everyone else. I have also told you this before. If another SF gets upset with you over it and you explain the situation and they are still tiffed about it then X them too. This is a game. Entertainment if you must. If it becomes some sort of competition the the other toon needs to go back to preschool and learn that they cant have everything their way. I enjoy defeating cogs and buildings and above mentioned toons can get over it. Now that we are off of suspension I am willing to help you out all I can.

M

MissPoodledoodle

I am so thankful for you guys. After reading about what happened with Cliff, and seeing some reactions, I'm sorry if I sounded immature in posting this tread. I was just really mad at someone and needed to vent. But you guys are still great!!!:thumbsup:

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats one of the most wonderful things about the Stratics community, they've always been there for me when I needed to vent. :)

S

Stubby

Hi there, I have been out of touch with the boards for a few days and trying to catch up, but I agree with everyone else, this is to have fun, so make it fun!!! You don't need the added guilt over someone who won't play fair and like a true friend. If they make you uncomfortable at runs, then just stick by me or josh or anyone one of us who knows you well. Ok? I think you are most definitely mature enough to handle this, and don't compare your self to others. You seem to be a very bright young person with maturity beyond your years. I know you will do what is best for you! ;)
Take Care- Sandi

M

MissPoodledoodle

I think you are most definitely mature enough to handle this, and don't compare your self to others. You seem to be a very bright young person with maturity beyond your years. I know you will do what is best for you! ;)
Take Care- Sandi
Aww, thanks!:blushing:

B

Bumbledogswirls

I need some advice about a SF. We have been SFs for awhile now and I met her at a stratics run, but I dont think she is stratics. Well, our lower toons are SFs, mine was started after hers. I've almost caught up to her, and one day when I logged on she whispered to me "Please dont pass me up." And I was like :confused: I asked her why it mattered and she said she works harder. Well, Im not going to let her stop me. If I pass her I pass her. And when she says that if I help her she will help me, she lies. I help her and when I need help she gives me the sad face and starts to cry and says but I dont need that. And when we were doing a building, I chose sound and she did trap, and the cog died and the trap was waisted. She gave me the cold shoulder for the rest of the day. Now I know she isnt a good friend, but idk if I should x her or not. Some of my SFs says she is mean. But she comes to stratics runs, and some of my SFs are her SF, and they dont have a problem with her. Help!!
We've played together w/ that toon. She's mean. X HER! She's really rude too. Even to me. :(

*My 100th post! YAY!