• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old School Advice!

Hi everyone :) I'm returning to Brit after a 15 year break, woot woot! I've noticed that many items I own are worth a considerable amount now and I need some advice on how to sell them. Whats the best way to get the most gold for my items? Safes, in game spamming, forum auction, etc... Thanks for your help in advance and I can't wait to get back into the community :))

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'd do a little research to see if the item is still spawning or not. Non-spawning items can be posted here. Items still spawning would be in Traders Hall. If you're not sure you can post the entire list here and the extremely intelligent crew here will help decipher which ones belong where and relative amounts as well. Good luck selling and welcome back!

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Depends on item but stratics auction is a good way?

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Depends on item but stratics auction is a good way?
Ditto - safes are awesome, but there are tons of safes that never get seen.

Old items - stratics has your biggest audience for old rares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa! Thanks for all the quick responses and messages trying to help. I will be conducting some auctions on here to get the most gold, hopefully hehe. I have quite the number of old items, should I bulk them together or sell separately? and how do all you guys take such good photos without the background in them?! Thanks guys :)

Happy Meal

Seasoned Veteran
@DevilMayCry

I would only use stratics in your situation. Having such a long time being gone from the game, there is bound to be tons of information and knowledge you have to catch up on.

Trying to spam or sell in game, you are almost guarenteed to have someone try and take advantage of you, especially with prices.

If you post on stratics under either UO trade or rare collectors as an auction with no buyouts on your items, you are probably guarenteed to get the most for your items. There are enough of us that come on here daily. And most of the people on stratics are the players with large bank accounts. We will start bidding wars with one another if the item is valuable.

Just be sure to post with no buyouts. Ive seen people get ripped off bc they posted a buyout when not knowing the worth of the item. Again, i would not bother trying to sell on auction safes or spamming chat.

Every computer comes with paint, so it is easy to take screen shots. Search and open paint. Click print screen button on keyboard when in UO. Then click control + "v" to paste into paint. Click crop tool, then save as to desktop before uploading your pictures here.

Hope this helps. Good to have ya back!!

Happy Meal

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just make a post on here asking for a price check with the entire list. Pics aren't generally needed with price checks, those that know the prices already know what they look like. You will normally get a few people giving you estimates on each individual item (and whether or not the item still spawns etc if you ask for it) and you will also probably receive offers in the thread also. That will give you the info needed to decide to auction or vendor the stuff

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some pics may be requested though considering the items are 15+ years old, just depends on what the items are

Last edited:

slippjeem

Looking for a whispering rose for Little
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And if you have sets (Armor) ect keep them intact as you will get more for them and start slow with a few small auctions to get a fix on how it works, also look at other auctions and see the rules that people post for their auctions like the 10 min rules ect..people bidding during the 10 min rule is when you will get the most gold ;D..