• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Advice..Help..Anyone..Anything???

A

Ambrosia4u

A friend of mine logged in on Aug. 2nd with account A and B. Every thing was fine ingame. She logged in again in Sept. to find that all of her characters on ONE shard on account A were gone. She logged into account B to check account A's house. It is still standing with no problems. Every thing else is still there. All of the missing characters from account A are still showing as being in the Guild (Not sure if they delete from roster when are MIA).

She called Customer Support only to be told that they could not help her as they could NOT look at here account. (Her account has NOT been banned, by the way. She would NEVER cheat in any way shape or form!) They told her to send an email. She did so..Telling them that her characters were missing, may have been deleted (Hacked) and she is being asked to creat a character, but her house was still standing. What happened to her characters? Is there any way to get her characters back? Was she hacked?

Their reply was: Your house will be fine as it is tied to your account.

OMG!!!! Not one single work about her characters or what happened. Was she hacked? Is it a BUG? OR....Is it yet another UO crap out?? She sent a message to Jeremy but has not heard anything as of yet. She has been trying to get some information and/or HELP for over a month now. Anyone have any ideas?

TazzUGK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeesh that is a tuff one. I know there is a folder within the EA folder with your character information in it. I don’t know the direct path off the top of my head cause I am slacking at work right now. You may want to check that to see if there is any character info in that folder.

Not sure if that info is saved on EAs side of things or not. If it is I would guess they would be able to poof them back for ya.

I will look and see what the path is when I get home tonight and post something for you if that will help at all.

Sorry for the loss.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to ask you a very stupid question.

If you or your friend get offended....Well, don't.

Has your friend logged onto the Test Center, or to your non-primary shard, recently?

If you have, and if you are like me and reflexively click on the little globe thingie to select your shard, rather than click on the shard name in the list, then the globe thingie won't take you to your primary shard, but rather to the last shard you visited.

So first be sure you're clicking on the right shard, from the shard list.

-Galen's player

A

Ambrosia4u

Thanks Galen....but we checked that first thing. She has also tried running Virus scans. Uninstalling and reinstalling. She even went out and bought a new computer and installed UO on it, just incase it might has been a NEW virus....Still nothing.

A

Ambrosia4u

Thanks TazzUGK....Any suggestions you may have to offer will be greatly appreciated.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like a bug on UO's end. Most people that hack an account will dry loot it. They could delete all your characters but its more likely that they would have dry looted the house and collapsed it.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The desktop files etc stored with your client aren't used to determine which characters you actually have. The server sends you that information.

A

Ambrosia4u

Lynk...Thank is what we thought as well...BUT as every thing else about the account is still intact....This is a pain. Still wondering why UO is not responding...May be now that this new patch is out someone will have a chance to look at her account. Just wish they would hurry up!!

A

Ambrosia4u

Bomb Bloke...Neither of us are really big on computer how-to. But having to wait a MONTH and still hearing nothing kind odd. Don't ya think??

L

love2winalot

Hail: UO does not delete charaters, even if the account had been canceled 10 years ago, and reactivated today, those charaters would be there. UO NEVER replaces lost or stolen items.

The most logical explanation is someone else, "Family or Friend", logged in and deleted the charaters. It is an outside possibility that someone in game guessed the account name an password and did it. Either way you must assume the charaters are gone for good. We hope not, but .................

The first step is now to protect account B. Change the password. Next, make a charater on account A, and get rid of everything in the house, over to account B to protect it. Change account A password. Maybe hold on to the house and wait an see if EA does anything, but i doupt it.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but if someone hacked her PC and got into account A, they could have also gotten into account B. If you are going to delete account A, go in and remove all the billing information also. We all hope she gets the charaters back..........

TazzUGK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail: UO does not delete charaters, even if the account had been canceled 10 years ago, and reactivated today, those charaters would be there. UO NEVER replaces lost or stolen items.

The most logical explanation is someone else, "Family or Friend", logged in and deleted the charaters. It is an outside possibility that someone in game guessed the account name an password and did it. Either way you must assume the charaters are gone for good. We hope not, but .................

The first step is now to protect account B. Change the password. Next, make a charater on account A, and get rid of everything in the house, over to account B to protect it. Change account A password. Maybe hold on to the house and wait an see if EA does anything, but i doupt it.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but if someone hacked her PC and got into account A, they could have also gotten into account B. If you are going to delete account A, go in and remove all the billing information also. We all hope she gets the charaters back..........
Unfortunately , I have to agree with this. I know its going to be a pain but probably the best action to take.

R

RedDaTeef

Ya my guess would be like your mom or boyfriend/girl friend, wife , brother or someone who doesn't like you or want you playing uo got onto your acct and deleted all yer chars.
Sorry to make that guess but thats what it sounds like to me.

Or maybe it was divine intervention trying to tell you you have something else you need to be doing...

A

Ambrosia4u

Thanks for the suggestions all.....
She changed ALL of her passwords as soon as so found her characters gone. She thought about creating a toon for A and giving everything to B, BUT is worried that by doing so she may make things difficult for UO to help her. No one had her info and she changed her P-word every month or so.

We just can't figure out why it is taking UO so long to get back to her. They could at least take a quick peek. Would be nice to know when and if her toons were deleted. I know they are busy with the bugs and fixes right now, but come on. It's been over a month!!! She is so upset. This is not the 1st time she has lost things in UO. Last year she lost some Rares and such. They were there one week and gone the next. She started playing WOW then. Now she is on WOW all the time. I think we may have lost her. For that matter....I am the only one of our Guild left. Everyone else has gone to WOW as well. Myself, I can't do it. The graphics make my head hurt, eyes keep trying to cross and I get a wee bit sick to my tummy. For this reason I ONLY play 2D. Even KR kills me. As a matter of fact...most of my Guild mates started leaving right after KR. I don't get it. You DON'T have to play the KR version.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if she lost some rares on the account a while back, and now her chars are deleted... sounds like someone has had her info or had access to where she kept it and logs into her account sometimes to create some mischief... i am not surprised that she hasn't heard anything from EA... they have the worst customer service of any company i've ever dealt with.

5% Luck

Has she upgraded the account recently. When i 1st got my 7th char slot That char wouldnt show up for a full month. It was there But i didnt have it in my list. Once the server has the chance to re-incorperate its saved char info from the old server(5slot) to the new server(7 slot) your chars may come back on their own. It sounds to me like my problem but on a much worse lvl. Was all char slots full? If so is the option to creat a new char there. If not fill the would be empty slots and se if the new button is there. If it is its something difernt than what happened to me soo....

K

Kyrie_Elaison

A friend of mine logged in on Aug. 2nd with account A and B. Every thing was fine ingame. She logged in again in Sept. to find that all of her characters on ONE shard on account A were gone. She logged into account B to check account A's house. It is still standing with no problems. Every thing else is still there. All of the missing characters from account A are still showing as being in the Guild (Not sure if they delete from roster when are MIA).

She called Customer Support only to be told that they could not help her as they could NOT look at here account. (Her account has NOT been banned, by the way. She would NEVER cheat in any way shape or form!) They told her to send an email. She did so..Telling them that her characters were missing, may have been deleted (Hacked) and she is being asked to creat a character, but her house was still standing. What happened to her characters? Is there any way to get her characters back? Was she hacked?

Their reply was: Your house will be fine as it is tied to your account.

OMG!!!! Not one single work about her characters or what happened. Was she hacked? Is it a BUG? OR....Is it yet another UO crap out?? She sent a message to Jeremy but has not heard anything as of yet. She has been trying to get some information and/or HELP for over a month now. Anyone have any ideas?
Shoot an email off to Jeremy at jdalberg AT ea DOT com and she can probably help you out. She will need your account name, server, and char names. DO NOT SEND HER YOUR PASSWORD!

:thumbup1:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In all reality nothing will get replaced, the chars are gone forever. That is regardless of whether it was a bug on UOs side or if her account was hacked. They won't replace items, and they probably won't even acknowledge your emails any longer.

A

Ambrosia4u

Kyrie.....Jeremy was the person that told her that her house will be fine as it is tied to the account. She sent Jeremy another email, again saying that she knows her house is fine...it's her CHARACTER that are missing. She has heard nothing!!

Nine Dark.....She says that the chests were stacked too high and all of the ones on the top went poof. (something like 5 high)

5% Luck....She is given the option to create a new character but is worried that in doing so it will change something and cause UO to not be able to find out what may have happened. She changes her PW every month or so.

Ty ALL for you posts...they are giving us something.....Much better than UO at the moment.

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail: UO does not delete charaters, even if the account had been canceled 10 years ago, and reactivated today, those charaters would be there.
This is not true, many old characters (including some of mine) were purged in the '99-'03 period. But I'm fairly certain they stopped doing it several years ago, and they certainly wouldn't do it after two months.

It sounds more like a fluke database issue than a hacking, and I hope you keep on EA about a resolution.

P

peanutbutter

hope this isn't redundant

1) log into the account from a different computer
2) character info (other than macros) is server side, so uninstall/reinstall the game
3) create a character on another shard where there's room and see if it's still there the next day
4) has she pissed someone off?
5) pray?

i've never heard of this, bt i would believe it. i hope it all works out...

in reality, it sounds like someone has managed to get into her account and tried to clean their tracks...