• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Advice for a fun Thief build

Nizzrym

Visitor
Hello,

I am in the process of making a thief. I just want to have fun, steal some items from players and pretty much grief people in Fel dungeons...

My build so far:
Stealing 100. (120 from items)
Stealth 100 (120 from items)
Snooping 100
Hiding 100
Detect hidden 100
Lockpicking 100 (just to keep myself busy while waiting for players to steal from...)
Magery 50 (80 from items)
Use magery mostly for 100% recals, heals and marking runes

Again, more of a fun/griefing build, thats why i didnt have a weapon skill, i dont plan on PKing.

I have an extra 50 points to deal with on this build. Also, not sure if i should bump some skills down and pick others up... its been 10+ years since i played.

Currently have a 100% LRC suit with max resists and 35%DCI

Thanks for any advice!!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would try and fit ninja on there so you can use animal form to move around a bit faster when in stealth.

Also I find around 80 stealth to be fine. It does depend on armour type though.

Teslawear

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ninja. If you have the correct gear, you should have a ton of room to flirt with. 30 stealing on jewels, shadow legs, bandanna... You can have like 50 stealing and hit 120 with gear. And I just run around naked except the +skill gear. You shouldn't have anything on but that. If you die, you die. No need for magery at all. You can recall with scrolls with 0 magery.