• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Advantage of 75 Energy on Elf

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When does 75 Energy on an Elf become an advantage over 70 Energy on either race?

Thanks, Katrena

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When does 75 Energy on an Elf become an advantage over 70 Energy on either race?

Thanks, Katrena

WHEN... ??? Hmm, I'd say as soon as you Take Energy Damage..... :rolleyes2:

If you take 100 potential Energy Dmg from something... 70 Energy Resist = 30 Dmg / 75 Energy Resist = 25 Dmg. So I guess you could technically be asking when the difference in how much damage you take is worth the effort of having 75 Energy Resist on your Suit. That answer is only something you can answer for yourself though.

EDIT...

I initially read your post as "when is 75 energy on and elf better than 70 energy on an elf".. I see now that your comparing Racial benefits. If that's the case you have to take into ALL of the benefits of a given race and weigh them with reguard to what your trying to accomplish. For example all of my sampires are Elf pretty much for 2 reasons.... 75 Energy resist (Farming UEV), and the + 20 Mana ..... lets not forget FREE nightsight either. Anyway it's your call.

Last edited:

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For example all of my sampires are Elf pretty much for 2 reasons.... 75 Energy resist (Farming UEV), and the + 20 Mana ..... lets not forget FREE nightsight either. Anyway it's your call.
Thanks for your information and insight and I understand the "70 Energy Resist = 30 Dmg / 75 Energy Resist = 25 Dmg". Would you please explain the benefit of 75 Energy against the UEV. I fight UEV's all of the time with both a Human Paladin and Human Sampire and don't understand how the extra Energy resist would help. Damage is minimal on the Paladin and non existent on the Sampire. It was my understanding that they only do physical damage.

Thanks, Katrena

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your information and insight and I understand the "70 Energy Resist = 30 Dmg / 75 Energy Resist = 25 Dmg". Would you please explain the benefit of 75 Energy against the UEV. I fight UEV's all of the time with both a Human Paladin and Human Sampire and don't understand how the extra Energy resist would help. Damage is minimal on the Paladin and non existent on the Sampire. It was my understanding that they only do physical damage.

Thanks, Katrena

Well.. It shoudln't be surprising that a creature that's Named "Energy Vortex" basically does 100% Energy dmg.. Something to ALWAYS consider if your a number munchkin is what EXACT dmg types does the monster you wanna fight do...

Source:
http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=3292

Beyond that I specifically use 75 Energy Resist fighting UEV's bc with non-Med Armor (Specifically Bone / Studded) the protection from stamina loss is pretty good... & when combined with a Parox Swampy ( -12 % Damage Taken) and the added 75% Energy Resist I CANNOT lose stamina when hit unless my life is in the 30% Range which basically never happens. Knowing all this works I completely removed Hit Stamina Leech and the Vamp. Stam Regen is enough to Regenerate me full on the RARE occasions that I miss so many times in a row that I drop below 30%. I typically just keep counter-attack going but at 30% I usually pop Evasion which gives me a few AI's to refill most of the time.... I suppose I could confidence too though..