• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Advanced Characters on Siege

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Say it ain't so!!!

So I heard rumblings that they have been allowed for characters on Siege, so I did a little investigative work and found the "Mythic" advanced token which not only give 5x 90 skills but also gives the character 225 ability points.

WTF?

Why did this slide through? I thought Siege was the "advanced" shard?

It was designed for players who were willing to tough out the character building process, but now for 25 bucks...you too can have an almost finished character on Siege...la

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
doubt it was avaialble on siege... if it was then it was really dumb move

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
doubt it was avaialble on siege... if it was then it was really dumb move
Here is the description of the Mythic token:

Immediate access.
This token is an improved version of the Advanced character token. There are no templates to dictate points which means 5 skills can be set to 90. This token will also allow you to set your stats to 225. If you have more than 200 skill points on your character you will not be able to use this token.

To claim your Item Token, simply follow these steps once you have received your code:
• Start up Ultima Online with the character you'd like to claim the token.
• Open your paperdoll (or character window) and click on the "Help" button.
• Click the "Promotional Code" button at the bottom of the Help window.
• Enter your Token Code EXACTLY as it appears when it was e-mailed to you.
• Your code will be verified and if valid, a Token will be placed in your inventory bag.
• These Tokens are transferable and can be traded or given to others.

Here is the description of the Advanced token:

Get up and running.
Every Ultima Online player knows how tough it is to create a new character. It can take weeks or months to develop the skills and experience your character needs to survive the many challenges of Ultima. But now, you can get an Advanced Character right away by purchasing this code.

The code gives you immediate access to the Advanced Character templates, so your character can be up, running, and charging into the nearest dungeon right away. You can use the Advanced Character code on any character that has less than 200 total skill points. No longer must you slog through the time-consuming chore of building a well-rounded, experienced character. Get into the game immediately with the Ultima Online Advanced Character code.

To get your Advanced Character Code, simply follow these steps:
1. Start the game, create a new character, and enter the game world with that character. This is the character that will be transformed into an advanced character.
2. Open your paperdoll (or character window) and click on the Help button.
3. Click the Claim Promotional Item button at the top of the Help window.
4. Enter your Advanced Character Code exactly as it appeared when it was emailed to you.
5. Your code will be verified and, if valid, an Advanced Character Token will be placed in your inventory bag.
6. Click on the token and you’ll be given access to all the advanced character templates. Select the one you want and your character will be transformed.

* This program is available on all shards (except) for Siege Perilous and Mugen. I added except since it's a typo
* You can only use the Advanced Character Token on a character with less than 200 total skill points. If you try and use the token on a character with more than 200 skills points, there will be no refunds.
* Be Careful: It is possible to trade the advanced character token to another player, put it on a vendor, or sell it for in-game gold.

The Mythic says nothing about Siege or Mugen. :( ...la

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was done a year or more Back Rico, there was a discussion about it with developers on how the shard could be *thinks of the right word* re-energized maybe? and this was one of the things that was done. iirc, it was the same time that they removed the ROT daily limit that allowed the unlimited daily gain of skills. there is probably a few thread back in the archives if you want to look that hard.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Say it ain't so!!!

So I heard rumblings that they have been allowed for characters on Siege, so I did a little investigative work and found the "Mythic" advanced token which not only give 5x 90 skills but also gives the character 225 ability points.

WTF?

It was designed for players who were willing to tough out the character building process, but now for 25 bucks...you too can have an almost finished character on Siege...la
They did that the same time they started allowing people to have a house on siege and a house on another shard. If I remember correctly the Siege people supported it, not sure if they still do though.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was against Advanced Character and the second house as well as removing factions completely. I don't think any of those has really increased the population - but I am sure VvV is worthless on Siege.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The discussion started already back when you could buy the tokens - and claim them on siege but not being able to use them. It was not legally to allow to sell it - and not inform that it was not usable on siege. Nor legally to be able to claim it there, as it was a service that was paid for but not being able to claim.

For them doing so - all characters can gain up to 90 in normal speed. The only one that benefits on it, is the same as normal prod shards - tamers and beggers. After 90 ROT will kick in.

Personally I dont see the big conflict or problem with this.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The discussion started already back when you could buy the tokens - and claim them on siege but not being able to use them. It was not legally to allow to sell it - and not inform that it was not usable on siege. Nor legally to be able to claim it there, as it was a service that was paid for but not being able to claim.

For them doing so - all characters can gain up to 90 in normal speed. The only one that benefits on it, is the same as normal prod shards - tamers and beggers. After 90 ROT will kick in.

Personally I dont see the big conflict or problem with this.

Sorry I have no clue what you just said and a question?
Do you play on Siege

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, Rico, do you like the Mythic Tokens or not?

If you want more people on Siege to steal from, then it's a good thing - no?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I don't mean this in an insulting way...but isn't Siege the shard the "hardcore" players go to? So....I would think that someone who wants to abandon their normal shard to play the "hardcore" shard would want to actually train the skills themselves....It's not like we are talking about redoing a whole account, it's only one character, people do it on a daily basis on production shards without tokens. Seems like new Siege players should be able to survive training one character by themselves.....and if they can't, well, then they probably don't belong on Siege anyway.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Say it ain't so!!!

WTF?

Poor Rico, you have been gone to long. Try play the game we have now, you choose to quit for 6 years and we made choices when you was away. You may not like the choices but they are here to stay and they do give us new players.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't mean this in an insulting way...but isn't Siege the shard the "hardcore" players go to? So....I would think that someone who wants to abandon their normal shard to play the "hardcore" shard would want to actually train the skills themselves....It's not like we are talking about redoing a whole account, it's only one character, people do it on a daily basis on production shards without tokens. Seems like new Siege players should be able to survive training one character by themselves.....and if they can't, well, then they probably don't belong on Siege anyway.
Siege stand for freedom to play without rules like Trammel code to control how people behave. Interact between players are an important part of Siege. That interact can be PvP as well as trading between players instead of selling and bying between npc's and players.

We need alot players, we don't need hard rules like slow skill gain, can't place a house before you give up your old one, can only have one char an so on. Our ruleset with PvP on all facets make Siege what it is.
Some would think, making Siege less hardcore would give us alot kiddy PK's but but we really only have a few old grumpy ones and a few Young ones, who rarely stay for long.

Maybe it's time to allow more char slots on Siege. *Hide for Rico*

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh well ..dumb move.. very small cash cow for EA.. as i doubt many bought an advanced token just to try siege....la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some would think, making Siege less hardcore would give us alot kiddy PK's but but we really only have a few old grumpy ones and a few Young ones, who rarely stay for long.
I honestly don't see the Siege population growing unless something drastic to to the ruleset is done (think classic UO). That being said, I don't see that happening...the devs are concentrating their efforts on the production shards as usual and Siege will get minor tweaks, but nothing that any of the other shards get.

You want a bigger crowd on Siege? Get the current player base to stop stealthing around. Get them to stop hiding in their homes. Get them to actually play in groups.

I'm not one to harp on those rules since I've always played a solo thief, but it's never been the case where it seemed like every character that is moderately active has both hiding and stealth in their templates...la

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just don't want quantity - I want quality myself.

Not to mention the Big guild catches crap because they work spawns and play together. A fair number of active players on Siege do not pvp so stealth and or hiding is survival.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A fair number of active players on Siege do not pvp so stealth and or hiding is survival.
Why? It's not like there are roving bands of reds on Siege any more. Death on Siege used to be no big deal...apparently that thought process has gone the way of the dodo...la

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I honestly don't see the Siege population growing unless something drastic to to the ruleset is done (think classic UO). That being said, I don't see that happening...the devs are concentrating their efforts on the production shards as usual and Siege will get minor tweaks, but nothing that any of the other shards get.
It was that way in the past but I believe it have changed, Devs are very obs on Siege when they add new stuff. I believe they have noticed, that our shard in many ways are more healthy than normal shards.
I do also believe the stuff we got with this public will help Siege, and make more play. But we need to give it a little time to work.
Many years ago, some crafters did cry to much and most overland's spawn was removed to keep the poor lumbers and miners safe for evil monsters, that was bad as it killed the action around the player towns. We also need something to bring the miners, lumbers and leather farmers back to the wilderness, maybe some love to crafters who use colored wood and some mods on ingots, scale and leather resources like we have on wood. More small gems from mining would be nice too.
You want a bigger crowd on Siege? Get the current player base to stop stealthing around. Get them to stop hiding in their homes. Get them to actually play in groups.

I'm not one to harp on those rules since I've always played a solo thief, but it's never been the case where it seemed like every character that is moderately active has both hiding and stealth in their templates...la
As I told before, I would love to see a nerf to Stealth on Siege. Hiding is ok but moving more than a few step at the time should be hard and running in form should not be allowed.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I just don't want quantity - I want quality myself.

Not to mention the Big guild catches crap because they work spawns and play together. A fair number of active players on Siege do not pvp so stealth and or hiding is survival.
They can survive being safe in numbers instead of solo hunting with a large pet

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now that you mention it - you do sound like a Raphus cucullatus. Have you been in Doom lately?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Who or what is a Raphus cucullatus?

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They can survive being safe in numbers instead of solo hunting with a large pet
Some of us do not have the time or the need to be always playing with others - don't get me wrong - I do go on hunts etc with others but I also enjoy playing alone.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Some of us do not have the time or the need to be always playing with others - don't get me wrong - I do go on hunts etc with others but I also enjoy playing alone.
But friends are what make you stay and play. Being lonely because no one need you or you need no one make a lot stop playing

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But friends are what make you stay and play. Being lonely because no one need you or you need no one make a lot stop playing
oh I agree It is a powerful incentive for a lot of people. But Siege has a large number of loners that play.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must admit. After two weeks of training Taming; I was awfully tempted to grab one of these tokens when I read this thread. Then I read the small print about the 200 max skill points. ;)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, I hear ya. I honestly think I am going to start back up, but not with any of my old accounts. I want to give UO another try, but try starting all over again. No gold, new character name, new template...700 skill points, 225 stat points and see what's it's like to be a newbie again.

Not even sure I'll transfer over any newbie clothes so I am not running around nekked after my first ganking!!!

Can you join Siege with a new account these days, or do they still have the young timer you have to renounce to have access?...la

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You can join Siege with a new char without renounce your Young status.
Is young chars still limit to 700 points? I think I remember that changed but I may be wrong

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can join Siege with a new char without renounce your Young status.
Is young chars still limit to 700 points? I think I remember that changed but I may be wrong
I guess, I'll let you know when I get set up. May not happen until after the RtB is over...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No, I don't like Mythic tokens on Siege. Apparently they've been on the shard for over a year and yet, the population keeps dropping, so no, it didn't lead to more people to steal from...la

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sorry to hear you hate them. I'm an old player too and I am going starting back up on Siege. I would rather drop a few bucks to get my skills up to a competition level than have to work skills up.

I'm done with building characters. I'd rather be able to jump right in and play.

*tips hat*

Plan on seeing me on Siege very soon. There's a new sheriff in town.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sorry, old school role-player here. Once I figure the game out again and get my early questions answered, I'll probably be staying in-character when coming here. Some things are tough to stop.