• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Advance Paralithode?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
yepp.. they can be advanced..

para.jpg
They start at a 4 slot though and you will need to bring a lunch with ya. After two taking 2 other Paralithodes, a few water elementals, a room full of kegs and bats.. and 2 Hydras I only managed to get it to 2.66. I could not find anything that would give more than the "slightly" message.

I have not fought the Shadowlord in a while now.. but didn't these used to be 2 slot pets? I seem to remember being able to use 2 of them in the fight. Maybe my senility is kickin' in tho.. *shrugs*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With >900 HP they are not going to be a 2 slot pet.

So that's a creature in the underwater boss quest? Ive never done it.

They cant come onto land I guess.

Last edited:

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are only meant to be used within the Ararat Shipwreck and will disappear as soon as you leave the area when reaching the docks in Gravewater lake. A Paralithode uses two control slots.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm why? They can't bond, they can't leave the wreck area, why would you spend the time training one up?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are only meant to be used within the Ararat Shipwreck and will disappear as soon as you leave the area when reaching the docks in Gravewater lake. A Paralithode uses two control slots.
Have you tamed one after the patch. Control slots have changed on many pets.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
erm why? They can't bond, they can't leave the wreck area, why would you spend the time training one up?
The same reason I have 8 trained up Cus. And Ill train 3 more that bonded yesterday.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Two reasons really..

Because I was bored lol

and just in case anyone ever wanted to do a bunch of Shadowlord's in one day, may as well train it up and hope it gets the "greatly" gains when killing the boss. When I was running them a good bit I parked my tamer there and the "pets" were still there when I logged back in.

A Paralithode uses two control slots.
Thanks. I thought I remember them only being two slot. Pub made them a 4 slot and nothing on them seems to have increased from where it used to be.

With >900 HP they are not going to be a 2 slot pet.

They cant come onto land I guess.
That's the thing for me.. they were 900 hp 2 slot pets initially because the Shadowlord hits so dang hard. There were plenty of times that only one of them would survive the fight with the dude, of course that was before the taming masteries and consume damage. They still can not come on land though.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would not have the patience to skill them up. I'd go right to the boss. I'm sure they will get greatly gains there. Put that str right to max!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
didn't need to start wearing a note around his neck with home address and phone number.
:eek::eek:

I quit wearing the note a good while back. The dang thing kept ripping and tearing to where I could not read it... so got a tat of that info on the back of my hand instead. :mf_prop: