• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Adgangskode - Possible Solution?? **3rd Book dropped 10/25**

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Heard it mentioned during the second event that Adgangskode is Danish for password. Googled it and that seems correct.

While looking at the two books that have dropped I noticed something. Have been trying to figure it out for a hour or two now but am unsure if I have solved it. Figured I would open it up to everyone that's interested though:

1st Book -

F N N N N P N P M M N M F P M M {16 Letters}

2nd Book-

Ort Wis Wis Wis Wis Hur Wis Hur Mani Mani Wis Mani Ort Hur Mani Mani {16 Power Words}

F = Ort
N= Wis
P= Hur
M= Mani

Power word meanings:
Ort = Magic
Wis = Know or Knowledge
Hur = Wind
Mani = Life or Healing

Magic Knowledge Wind {of} Healing... That led me to the magic knowledge of the power words for a healing spell. The only one I could come up with is Cleansing Winds... power words:

In Vas Mani Hur

Could this be the password? Or does anyone esle have a better line of thinking?

*edit*
changed title to include possible solution

*2nd edit*
Changed title to include 3rd book dropping

O

OchoHoltO

Re: Adgangskode - Possible Solution??

Duane has a lot of good stuff

Much of his deals with the names of characters in the storyline

I don't remember everything right off hand but I know it dealt with death and rebirth(phoenix rising from its own ashes).

Bellatrix Adhara's name comes from 2 stars or groups of stars, if I'm on the right path.

Loosely thrown together I get Virgin Warrior Dog..maybe a white cu?

As far as it's significance, I have no clue, plus I could be completely wrong.

Nice work on what you got though!

Oh and Ghost also went a step further with the adgangskode thing and found out it actually means

word or string of words only known by the user

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I really do wish I'd known about this because I would have joined in sooner... You don't hear much from the criers out on the water :)

Ghost was kind enough to give me copies of the books that were found so far, so I'll have to look at them a little harder and see if I can come up with anything :).

But from the few minutes I was looking at them earlier, my train of thought was going in the same direction as Kylie.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Bellatrix Adhara's name comes from 2 stars or groups of stars, if I'm on the right path.

Loosely thrown together I get Virgin Warrior Dog..maybe a white cu?
Bellatrix (Female Warrior) from the constellation Orion (Hunter)

Adhara (Virgins) from the constellation Canis Major (Larger Dog)

Anywho... I'm still following Kylie's train of thought, but the the pilot of the Gemedet isn't being very helpful :p

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Ok, I can follow that now. I have to admit I was LOST for a while trying to figure out about dogs and stuff. Thanks for throwing light on that.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

adgangskode thing and found out it actually means
word or string of words only known by the user
This would seem to fit in with words for a spell. Maybe the words alone are not the password though, maybe it has to be cast on something. Maybe someone holding the heart from the Golden Hart while casting the spell on this Bennu fellow to revive him from his condition. Just throwing my warped logic out there......

*edit*

I think that would also go along with the Phoenix line. Him being close to death (if not dead by now) and having a rebirth upon us completing this task.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Was there anything else that could possibly be of use besides the books themselves? Like where Bellatrix was seen... or something...?

And could there also be a meaning to the text in the one book? Besides the capital letters...

Edit: Another thought... Was there anything said at all that could be a clue? I missed these events, so I'm just making sure I know as much as possible :)

F

Falcon of Atlantic

Was there anything else that could possibly be of use besides the books themselves? Like where Bellatrix was seen... or something...?

And could there also be a meaning to the text in the one book? Besides the capital letters...

She was at the third level of a dungeon which name escapes me.. But underneath a throne that was there, and behind a painting was "3-4-1-5", which I'm not sure is from this event or a past one.

O

OchoHoltO

Anywho... I'm still following Kylie's train of thought, but the the pilot of the Gemedet isn't being very helpful :p
yea that:thumbup1:
I was going off memory, and mine isn't that great

O

OchoHoltO

Edit: Another thought... Was there anything said at all that could be a clue? I missed these events, so I'm just making sure I know as much as possible :)
I believe Bennu said one was for Ultima scholars and one was for normal players

and I asked if you need to know the lore to understand after the first book was given out and he said "no, just the context"

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

I believe Bennu said one was for Ultima scholars and one was for normal players
Yes, he said book 1 was for scholars or older players and book 2 was for newer ones. I don't know if in older versions the keys on the keyboard meant something special or not. I have only been playing Ultima 75 months now :)

Just in case someone that does not have access to the books:

The first two are book 1 and the last one is book 2

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

She was at the third level of a dungeon which name escapes me..
I am not sure where she was during the event where the first book dropped. When the second book dropped she was spotted leaving Covetous {I assume this is where the first books dropped and the throne would be} and heading south. The second book dropped during the battles at Cove cemetery. There were 4 types of reapers and I can't remember the names of them. Maybe someone else can remember?

*edit*

Just checked. The 3 4 1 5 is Couvetous 3rd level. I want to say this was from the Inu the Crone days. But it could have also been from the Candle of Love deal. The entrance to Sudiva's lair is just off of the Throne room.

O

OchoHoltO

We're gonna kill Bellatrix and she's gonna return as a white cu to replace the white hart. LOL...I completely made that up

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

We're gonna kill Bellatrix and she's gonna return as a white cu to replace the white hart. LOL...I completely made that up
LOL

She did seem more than a little upset that we were attacking her with dragons. After all she seems to think she is the dragon queen or something. One things for sure, just when you think you have EM Bennu figured out, he throws a change up. Never discount anything lol

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wow, how did I miss all this? What event was this from?

I thought I was doing so well with the spiders and the Crux Ansata.

Also, the painting with the numbers is from an old old old old old event... if I recall correctly, pre AoS times, possibly pre third dawn, even. Love that old stuff that is still sitting in game. :) Heck, it may even be pre t2a, I just remember it being from before... in the old old days.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Wow, how did I miss all this? What event was this from?

I thought I was doing so well with the spiders and the Crux Ansata.
I am not sure what night the first part was but want to say like Wed afternoon/early evening. The second part was Friday afternoon at around 5 est.

M

Miss Ghost

Boo Lovely People
I've been catching up on everything on here and also have my thinking cap on too.
Ok for those like our Joanna and Faeryl who sadly missed the last two events, where the books came from, we are trying to track down and apprehend Bellatrix Adhara.
We were first called unexpectedly to arms when she was seen near Covetous and after a thorough sweep of the surrounding area, the knights did a sweep through Covetous and she was located in the room above Sudvia's Lair. I was not there for the first part so did not see what she said at that time. One thing though is she brings fourth numerous guardians to keep us busy whilst she slips away. Books were found which I and others after careful research believe give clues to a pass word. Where for and when eludes at this point in time.
You will be pleased to hear though that on reporting back after that escapade, Lord Simeon Bennu was able, albeit with difficulty and pain, to address us. The selfless act from D'Artagnan in getting the Golden Heart to the Lady Danica indeed kept him from death.
D'Artagnan and I were asked to step forward and it was announced that we had both achieved the rank of Private, which made us both extremely proud.
We were then again alerted when Bellatrix was seen leaving the Covetous Mountains and heading South. This time she was located in the graveyard where she once again proceeded to bring fourth a multitude of guardians, jeering at us when we used Dragons to assist us and bringing fourth her own vile dragon followers to try to thwart us. During this time she remained alot of the time in the small crypt at the back chanting and muttering towards the Ankh there.
On numerous occasions she has cried out that killing her guardians will only make her stronger, however I believe she is saying this to throw fear into us Knights, which I am thankful to say is not working.
Again the Knights acted bravely and together and four more were called forward and informed they too had achieved the rank of Private ... Please help me out here fellow Knights with the names of these fine people.
The two books can be found in the Crux Ansata HQ. I have made several copies of both books for anyone requiring them.
I look forward to meeting my fellow Knights shortly

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Ok folks, we have a third book. Mini event tonight at Moonglow cemetery. I have no guess at how this fits into the earlier books. But, we were told it helps......

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
OK, I been thinking again. Yepp, it hurts lol

In the meeting at EM Hall he mentioned on occasion people overthink things. He also let us know there was a copy of the third book locked at Crux HQ. When we were there he said the title was the important part. In the third book title the only caps are N and O. NO. Maybe I overthought (seldom the problem with me ha) and ran too complex on the initial post. Could the information we need actually be just the title of the first 2 books? After all, how many folks still simply use password as their passwords? Maybe Bellatrix is doing that same thing only in Danish....

Just a thought.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Adgangskode - Possible Solutions? *Thread 2*

Initially we started this thread here:

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-atla...ible-solution-**3rd-book-dropped-10-25**.html

For an indepth recap please read over that.

Brief recap:

Adgangskode is Danish for password/a word or string of words only known by the user

While looking at the two books that have dropped we noticed a pattern:

1st Book -
F N N N N P N P M M N M F P M M {16 Letters}

2nd Book-
Ort Wis Wis Wis Wis Hur Wis Hur Mani Mani Wis Mani Ort Hur Mani Mani {16 Power Words}

F = Ort
N= Wis
P= Hur
M= Mani

Power word meanings:
Ort = Magic
Wis = Know or Knowledge
Hur = Wind
Mani = Life or Healing

Magic Knowledge Wind {of} Healing... That led me to the magic knowledge of the power words for a healing spell. The only one I could come up with is Cleansing Winds... power words:

In Vas Mani Hur
Could this be the password? Or does anyone esle have a better line of thinking?

1st Book (for UO Scholars-or long time players) dropped during the battle in Covetous 3rd level.
2nd Book (for newer or normal players) dropped during the battle at the Graveyard near Cove.
3rd Book dropped during the battle at Moonglow graveyard.

OchoHolto, Faeryl, Falcon of Atlantic, Joanna Weaver and Miss Ghost were all instrumental in getting us this far.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if this is of any use, but here's the runes to the power words in the 2nd book, in the same order they appear (ignore the colour difference):

Edit: I was just staring at the first book thinking... And then realised that the capitalized letters make total sense to me now after putting those runes together! :p

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The first book is written in Runic script or "The runes of magic" where the rune that looks like an F for example is ORT

So book 1 and 2 is the same

FNNNNPNPMMNMFPMM is the solution for the teleporter puzzle in wisp dungeon 3rd lvl Ilishnar

went down there but could not find any more clues

The Title of the third book "No One never not" could be an anagram but the only thing i could come up with was "event Or None on" hehe maybe bennu try to tell uss something

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
True, I was thinking with the N and O being caps he was telling us NO on our line of thinking. And in the third book putting math "gibberish" on the pages as a way of telling us the pages have all been gibberish. Because he did mention at the after meeting sometimes folks over complicate things *shrugs*

I did some digging and found in Ultima IV:

F = Fireball
N = Negate
P = Protection
M = Magic Missle

that was before reading here about the solution to puzzle in wisp. One things for sure, he has us using our brains and not just our keyboards and mouse..... BRAVO!!!

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if this is of any use, but here's the runes to the power words in the 2nd book, in the same order they appear (ignore the colour difference):

Edit: I was just staring at the first book thinking... And then realised that the capitalized letters make total sense to me now after putting those runes together! :p
The first book is written in Runic script or "The runes of magic" where the rune that looks like an F for example is ORT

So book 1 and 2 is the same

FNNNNPNPMMNMFPMM is the solution for the teleporter puzzle in wisp dungeon 3rd lvl Ilishnar

went down there but could not find any more clues

*ding* *ding* *ding* Well done!

I did the first book to help everyone out, the second book to help figure it out (two books saying the same thing in a different way) and then found out you guys would want an actual puzzle, so I made the 3rd one an actual puzzle :)

Now, here are the only hints that have been given on the 3rd book:

*Every code has a cipher, the uncoded cipher is in the title of the book.
*The title could be read several ways, but is not encoded.
*The Third book gives context to the other two.

Good luck! :)

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only other thing I would say is, if you get an idea for the 3rd one, follow through with it. Even if you have the right cipher to it it might not make sense at first till you follow through with your idea.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, leave it to me to possibly solve a puzzle that is NOT there, and be totally stumped by the one that IS an actual puzzle :loser:

:lol:
Heh. This one's totally frying my brain. I suck with ciphers!

Edit: Well, any other ideas out there? Mine didn't work out :(

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Could you post your idea? Even though it did not work out it could point someone in the right direction. You never know what may shed light for someone else. No biggie it ya don't tho :)

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I figured that each letter in the title had a corresponding number (based on how may times it's in the title) and that each number was a word comprised of a combination of those letters.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure I was wrong though :)

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*The title could be read several ways, but is not encoded.

So...

No One never not

Could be...

No One
No 1
No. 1 (?)

never not

Well... double negatives are always fun... and if that's the case then:

No One always

or possibly:

always No One

and if No One stands for No. 1 then the title would be "always No. 1"

But then... What's always number 1?

(just thinking out loud)

Then of course there's also the fact that there is no single "1" in that whole mess of numbers...

I'm confused!

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From a random exchange in game at Crux HQ:

Danica Amandine: *smiles*
Danica Amandine: Good Afternoon.
Faeryl Tyr'athem: Hello
Danica Amandine: *curtsies*
Faeryl Tyr'athem: How are you today?
Danica Amandine: Working on the books I see?
Danica Amandine: I am quite well, paperwork mostly.
Faeryl Tyr'athem: Yes... I'm determined to figure this out
Danica Amandine: We have quite a few recruits.
Faeryl Tyr'athem: Indeed
Danica Amandine: *picks up the 3rd book*
Danica Amandine: Hmm.
Danica Amandine: *ponders*
Faeryl Tyr'athem: I'd had an idea, but I'm afraid it didn't work out when I tested it
Danica Amandine: What was the idea?
Faeryl Tyr'athem: Well, I thought that perhaps
Faeryl Tyr'athem: each letter in the title had a number that went with it
Danica Amandine: *nods*
Faeryl Tyr'athem: and possibly each number in the book corresponded to a combination of those letters
Danica Amandine: *nods*
Danica Amandine: Something I noticed was...
Danica Amandine: If you look at all the numbers.
Danica Amandine: There is no number one.
Danica Amandine: And the two capitalized words in the title.
Danica Amandine: Are No One.
Faeryl Tyr'athem: Yes... That's something I was thinking about when you came in
Danica Amandine: Im not sure what that means.
Danica Amandine: If it means anythign at all.
Danica Amandine: There is a number two on page one.
Danica Amandine: and several throughout.
Danica Amandine: *shrugs*
Danica Amandine: I never was good at these kind of things.
Kreepy Kinslayer: Greetings
Danica Amandine: Hello.
Danica Amandine: *smiles*
Faeryl Tyr'athem: I'm not much good at them either, but persistance is the key
Danica Amandine: Its like little needles in my head.
Danica Amandine: I know this means something!
Danica Amandine: *uneasy laugh*
You see: rug
Danica Amandine: Like I said, maybe it means something.
Danica Amandine: Maybe it doesnt.
Danica Amandine: But its true, there are no single digit ones in the text.
Danica Amandine: And the title says No One.
Danica Amandine: Or No 1.
Kreepy Kinslayer: Aye
Danica Amandine: Not sure what that means.
Danica Amandine: But if you count, you usually start with one.
Danica Amandine: Maybe start with 0?
Danica Amandine: Or start with 2?
Danica Amandine: Don't know.
Danica Amandine: Good luck, I hope someone figures it out.
Kreepy Kinslayer: Thank you
Kreepy Kinslayer: we shall keep at it
Danica Amandine: I'll have to get to my errands.
Faeryl Tyr'athem: We'll do our best
Danica Amandine: *curtsies*
Opening door...
No more hints! It will ruin your fun! :hug:

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I got it!!!!

I just need to finish decoding now!

Edit: 5 more lines, sorry I'm taking so long!

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here we go!

nesir si ohw eh rof tiaw dna
emit ruo edib ew draug yvaeh
rednu sciler suoicerp
rieht fo owt dloh llits i
emit ruo edib ew erehw
noisnemid etinirox eht
fo dlohtoof eht rednu dlohgnorts
eht ot emoc lla uoy yortsed ton od
atasna xurc eht fo sthgink eht fi
siht evivrus uoy fi

Reversed we get:

if you survive this
if the knights of the crux ansata
do not destroy you all come to the
stronghold under the foothold of
the xorinite dimension
where we bide our time
i still hold two of their
precious relics under
heavy guard we bide our time
and wait for he who is risen

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
:party:

:bowdown:

Way to go. Glad you listened to him saying if you get a direction run with it. I got Nesir and scratched thru that cypher possibility. Never would have thought to keep on and reverse it. This here Bellatrix is a tricky one.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done.

:thumbup:

For those that still want to decode it for themselves:

Cipher = "No 1" So you start with 2

A = 2

Z = 27

All the words are then backwards, and the entire thing is reversed.

M

Miss Ghost

Brilliant, truly brilliant ...

I've been off for a few days due to RL getting in the way :) Most pleasing to see all is well and the Knights are working together so well.

All being well I shall attempt to attend this evening, should I be unable to make it I wish you all the best and will hope to catch up with everyone very soon

*huggles*