• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Additional Guild Wars 2 store items revealed

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some new items are revealed today by ArenaNet at the online store :)

A huge thank you goes to Massively's Justin Olivetti for having this article up.

Additional Guild Wars 2 store items revealed

by Justin Olivetti on Aug 20th 2012 5:00PM
Betas, Fantasy, Business models, Guild Wars 2
With Guild Wars 2's headstart on Saturday, players with some extra spending money may be planning their initial purchases in the game. Meticulous scouring of Guild Wars 2's online gem store has revealed five new options for future players, including one nice freebie.

Three of the recently added items are armor skins costing 500 gems each. These come in Primevil, Krytan, and Profane varieties. There's also a nifty Guild Wars 2 logo hat, which is currently marked at zero gems, meaning that it's a potential free item for players. Finally, for 2000 gems, one has the option to upgrade the standard edition of the game to the digital deluxe version.

L

Lord Balandar

Is the deluxe version worth the 2k in gems? The Tome of Influence and the Elite skill are the only ones that interest me. How much Influence does the Tome give? Any details on that?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the wiki on the Tome of Influnce:

The Tome of Influence is a one-time use item that will add 1,000 Influence to the guild you are currently representing

You can trade gold for gems so that may be the cheaper route but longer when it comes to other things they will have in the gem store..

So if things have been calculated right you can buy 800 gems for 10 bucks. Basically you will pay 30 dollars to upgrade to get 2400 gems. The standard edition is at 60 dollars and the deluxe edition is at 80 dollars so it's cheaper to buy the deluxe edition if a person has not bought GW2 yet.

L

Lord Balandar

It appears they updated the wiki soon after I posted. :)

Looks like I will be out $5 by upgrading. The rest of the gems I can use for bank tabs as I was planning on spending some cash. The extra 1k influence will help to get upgrades sooner. I may do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The extra character slot are not to bad for 800 gems. I never thought how many slots you could buy or if there is a limit. lol