Account subscription E-mail- Possible hack attempt?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

Got an e-mail today, supposedly from EA Customer Support,
saying my account would expire in 7 days.
The link provided (xxxx://www.ultima-registration.com/), to "review"
my account info, seems to be different from the Account Management
page.

Any thoughts on this?

G

Maybe see if Jeremy can look it over on Uhall? Should your account expire in 7 days?

I

imported_Goron

Dont go there. go to uo.com. You know uo.com is safe.
From uo.com goto the account management.
If in doubt, don;t click.

G

I tried the url you wrote, it forwards you to the account management pages, exactly the same as when you follow the modify account links from www.uo.com (I'm on a linux computer, it was a calculated risk LOL).

It looks fairly legit to me.

Kind regards

G

All the account related activities I have done, via the account portal on uo.com have started with this address:

https://account.ea.com

Maybe they registered another domain and have a redirect on it right now to the above address.

Jeremy should be able to verify if that is a valid EA site, though. (I would say look on EA's site for fraud tools/FAQs like so many large companies have, to help you identify bogus URLs, but then realized what I was about to type, and laughed at myself).

-Skylark

K

Kat SP

That looks like an email I have received numerous times on accounts that use gametime codes. As a general precaution, I typically avoid clicking email links. When I get those emails, I go to uo.com and get to the account management page via the official website or through the game client itself.

G

Thanks for all your help, it's just that in the, almost 6 years since I've been
playing this game, I don't recall ever getting a notice that my account will be
expiring. Guess I'm a bit gun shy after last years "incident", but better safe than sorry.