• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

account management question

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh*

could someone tell me, please, the purpose of that second line (persona name)

trying to set up an account for my grandson (shhhh, don't tell him, it's for his birthday) and I don't wanna go filling something in that will embarrass him

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*sigh*

trying to set up an account for my grandson (shhhh, don't tell him, it's for his birthday) and I don't wanna go filling something in that will embarrass him

Persona Names are basically "Screen Names" for Stratics for example your Persona Name is DevilsOwn it's something to identify you by that's shorter or simpler than the Email address, or account name.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kay, that just adds to the confusion... is it used anywhere else? I mean, if they've got your email address and all your account names why do they need another name?

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*sigh*

Here's the explanation of an EA Persona

"The EA account system is a bit more complicated than most others because of the way the different business units work and the length of time EA has been using online accounts and the changes they have made over the years.

Basically, there are two levels.

You have a main or 'Nucleus' account.
This is the email address you use to login with. This is only associated with Origin and logging in.
These used to be called "EA Classic Screen Names" as you used to login with a username.
They are now referred to as an "EA ID", or may have no specific identification.

You also have personas.
Different games have different personas and they are all linked back to your main account.
For example, you can have multiple usernames in Spore. They are all 'personas' linked to your main account.
You can link multiple old accounts you may have (only if you logged in with a username and not if you login with an email address) using this link
https://profile.ea.com/linkexistingpersonas.do

If you have multiple EA account logins with different email addresses, you will need to email EA support and provide the full details of each account for them to link them for you. Different email account logins will have different purchase histories and games will not show up if you are using a different email address.

If you only have one email address linked with EA, then you should be ok.
All of your games should be linked to your account.
You will have to get in contact with EA to confirm the games that are linked.
You will need to provide your account and personal details.
If there has been some issues, you may be able to provide them with your serial numbers (for online purchases you are emailed a confirmation) and they will be able to investigate if some games are missing.

If you would like to view the existing personas that are linked to your account, please view this link
https://profile.ea.com/selectprofile.do"

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kay, thanks guys :) it's just internal then, and no matter what I put there can't really make his ears turn red

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
kay, thanks guys :) it's just internal then, and no matter what I put there can't really make his ears turn red
Unless they use it on E-mail correspondence :p