• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Accelerated Skill Gain

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've been starting a few new characters on two different shards. I've been working in Haven to get started and completing some of the quests. One thing I discovered is that I can start the inscription quest then train other skills. If I sit in the Mage School/Shop in Haven, I get the "Accelerated Skill Gain" buff.

Question -- Does this "accelerated skill gain" only affect the quested skill? Or will it affect all skills?

I started the inscription and then promptly started working magery, meditation, and eval... everything but inscription. So are gains in those boosted while I am in the right area? Or is it only inscription that is boosted? The chars are building nicely, but I'm wondering if sitting in the shop (like I'm doing) is actually helping or not.

-OBSIDIAN-

S

Sir Kenga

I'm not 100% sure, but think its only for the skill you have quest. But you can check it yourself, if you have gains 0,4-0,5 at once in other skills - then it works for other skills too (and should be considered a bug IMO).

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only the skill you have the quests for will benefit from accelerated gains when you are in the right area.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only the skill you have the quests for will benefit from accelerated gains when you are in the right area.
agreed. only that one skill. if you're on 2 different skill quests at the same time, they most likely will have different areas you have to go to get the accelerated gain.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Bummer... no wonder people thought I was odd casting over and over again in the New Haven Mage School.

I was worth a try!

-OBSIDIAN-

N

Nenime

Magery is supposed to be a combat related skill and for all those Old Haven (overun by Undead now) is the Accelerated Skill Gain Area. You can accept multiple quests for i.e. Sword, Tactic, Anatomy etc. and gain simultaneous.

Most of the crafter skills have their zone inside of New Haven, mostly near the corresponding instructor. Mining is outside too - for obvious reasons near the Mining Camp in the southern mountain area.

Too bad that there is no such area for Tamers or Bards. :(

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, I'm at 80 magery now so no possibility of starting that quest. Anyway, I thought you could only do one new player quest at a time?

-OBSIDIAN-

G

GFY

Well, I'm at 80 magery now

-OBSIDIAN-
Go to the Swoops area. Get discorded by one of the Sayters. Then you'll get gains as if you were in the 50-60 magery range. You can gain fairly quickly here.

T

Teeshy

Well, I'm at 80 magery now so no possibility of starting that quest. Anyway, I thought you could only do one new player quest at a time?

-OBSIDIAN-
Nope! You can do as many as you have spare "quest slots" (I think it's 8 total quests you can have running at once?)

I was training Macing, healing, anatomy, tactics, chivalry and... umm... I can't recall =P I loaded my character up anyways! =D

L

Locker

You can definitely accept and work on more than one new player skill quest at a time. The only caveat I'm aware of is that if you are on any of the new player skill quests, you can't buy skill with gold from a trainer.

You can drop the quest and get it back with no problem.

Peace,

-L