• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Academic Books

D

Danny1

Are they moving this stealable around? I found these in a dif location then the one posted. Lower Level but in the north end room, last time it I got them they were located in the South end room.

O

Old Man of UO

Strange... I just now logged in to ask the same question about other dungeon steals. I've found three items in new locations:

Zyronic Claw (same room but buried in a corner)
LVL 8 single sword stand
LVL 9 double painting (found in the SE corner of the room with the LVL 8 sword stand)

I think the locations are no longer static, or as static, as they once were.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The bowl in the abyss was moved also. I just figured it was intentional

F

Fink

I got the books recently, same place as usual.

They appear in two rooms within the Grizzle champion area, or in the building opposite Red Death. I haven't seen them in the building for many months, but the last stack of books I got was in the southern Grizzle room.

O

Old Man of UO

I just got these red double swords in the balron room on the lowest level. Is this a new location? I thought it spawned on the second floor.

D

Danny1

They have always spawned in the bally room. I cant remember if they also spawn on the second floor. Been a long time since I even ran my thief through that place.

I just got these red double swords in the balron room on the lowest level. Is this a new location? I thought it spawned on the second floor.

D

Danny1

I got the books recently, same place as usual.

They appear in two rooms within the Grizzle champion area, or in the building opposite Red Death. I haven't seen them in the building for many months, but the last stack of books I got was in the southern Grizzle room.

I think theres a bot setup in the room across from Red Death as Ive never seen them there either. I think its me and you dividing the books in the lower levels.

E

Emma Royds

Strange... I just now logged in to ask the same question about other dungeon steals. I've found three items in new locations:

Zyronic Claw (same room but buried in a corner)
LVL 8 single sword stand
LVL 9 double painting (found in the SE corner of the room with the LVL 8 sword stand)

I think the locations are no longer static, or as static, as they once were.

Dont look like anything has changed, (LVL 8 single sword stand LVL 9 double painting) if your on about the room before balron then that's where there have always spawned.
I have seen the Zyronic Claw spawn on top and under the vase in the corner.
as for the pot in abyss i have seen this in doom but that isn't saying it spawned there, ppl steal low lvl or items that are worthless and then dump them.

O

Old Man of UO

Dont look like anything has changed, (LVL 8 single sword stand LVL 9 double painting) if your on about the room before balron then that's where there have always spawned. ...
Not quite what I meant... the location of the LVL 8 single sword was in the same room, but in a new location in the room, up against the east wall rather than in the middle.

The LVL 9 painting was also on the east wall of that room. Maybe it has always spawned there, but I have always found them in the hallway, never in that room. It was a new location for me.

So, I've found dozens of each, but maybe nothing really has changed and just never found one there before.

E

Emma Royds

Not quite what I meant... the location of the LVL 8 single sword was in the same room, but in a new location in the room, up against the east wall rather than in the middle.

The LVL 9 painting was also on the east wall of that room. Maybe it has always spawned there, but I have always found them in the hallway, never in that room. It was a new location for me.

So, I've found dozens of each, but maybe nothing really has changed and just never found one there before.
you meant something like this? I had to hold the painting up as it would not stick to the wall
also just realised that's the dojo lvl 2 sword but you get the meaning.

Attachments

O

Old Man of UO

you meant something like this? I had to hold the painting up as it would not stick to the wall
also just realised that's the dojo lvl 2 sword but you get the meaning.
Same room but not that side of the room. The sword stand was in the center of the east wall, and the painting was in the SE corner of the east wall.

O

Old Man of UO

ummm wasn't like this by any chance?
The LVL 9 painting is in the right spot. The sword stand was against the same wall as you show the painting, but in the center of the wall.

Like I said, I've found several of those paintings, but the rest were in the hallway. I was just surprised to see it there in the corner.

E

Emma Royds

The LVL 9 painting is in the right spot. The sword stand was against the same wall as you show the painting, but in the center of the wall.

Like I said, I've found several of those paintings, but the rest were in the hallway. I was just surprised to see it there in the corner.
I dont know then about the sword, something must have gone wrong there, as for the paintings there are 4 that spawn, 2 lvl 8s and 2 lvl 9s, all spawn in the bottom lvl of dojo
lvl 8: one in the hallway (on top of another painting) and one right at the top where the hole is.
lvl 9: one in the hallway at the very end and one where i showed in the pic.

Years ago when there was only doom everything spawned in the exact same place and no matter how many ppl stood around something waiting for it to spawn only a scripter would be quick enough to steal, so they gave a bigger spawning area and relocated some of the higher class spawns to new areas to try and combat this but still they were faster, by the time SE was launched there was very few scripters left so was no need to give them a bigger spawning area.

I always remember one of the scripters waiting 2 months solid for the claw to spawn in the wrong place, took him at leased 6 months to find out where it was relocated and by that time GMs started to come down heavy on scripting.