• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Abyssal cloth Gozas

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone got a variation of these on screenshot?

brocade/normal, square etc. Id love to see em, Thanks!

A

Analayla

From left to right.

Top Row
Goza (east)
Goza (south)
Square Goza (east)
Square Goza (south)

Middle Row
Brocade Goza (east)
Brocade Goza (south)
Square Brocade Goza (east)
Square Brocade Goza (south)

Bottom Row
Square Goza

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And these are done using the cloth that drops in the Abyss?

If so, why are they so red? I had hopes that they would be much more dark/black... :sad4:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And these are done using the cloth that drops in the Abyss?

If so, why are they so red? I had hopes that they would be much more dark/black... :sad4:
Could someone address the question's above pls... ^^^^^^^

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes they are made from Abyssal Cloth found in the abyss, that black type cloth. It adds a certain red tint/red spots on certain peices of clothing like dress, surcoat, doublet, skirt but not on other peices. It seems to transfer alot of that red tint onto Gozas. It also makes the deed for that goza look awesome like this:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes they are made from Abyssal Cloth found in the abyss, that black type cloth. It adds a certain red tint/red spots on certain peices of clothing like dress, surcoat, doublet, skirt but not on other peices. It seems to transfer alot of that red tint onto Gozas. It also makes the deed for that goza look awesome like this:
So they are just dyed in a standard dye tub?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No no, you need Abyssal Cloth, which drops in the abyss or you can make it from crystaline blackrock, can't get the colour with a dye tub. Abyssal cloth is also used for imbueing mage armour on equipment.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No no, you need Abyssal Cloth, which drops in the abyss or you can make it from crystaline blackrock, can't get the colour with a dye tub. Abyssal cloth is also used for imbueing mage armour on equipment.
I'm confused... All the Abyssal Cloth I've seen has been BLACK ! How did you get your RED Abyssal Cloth?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My cloth i use is the same BLACK Abyssal cloth, it just turns out RED when you make Goza's with it. Abyssal cloth comes black in its raw form yes but when you craft some items of clothing it adds a red tint/hue and when you craft Gozas with it they come out red.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what I was wondering.... I had no idea. Is there anything else that "changes color" when used?

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hues in UO are represented by a number (I think 8, but I may be off) of colours; like a gradient.
Then, based on the lightness of a specific pixel, the relevant colour is picked from the gradient thing.

For most colours, they run from dark to light of the same colour.
For Abyssal, it's not as simple as that. Not only is it not a single light-to-dark progression (giving it the almost velvety look when it's not doing the red), but it ends on the red, which means that the lighter parts of the object become red, whereas the rest dark grey/black.

The metallic dye tubs define this well, too, since you select two colours, and it does like a two-tone gradient.
It's like that, but black and orange.