• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Abyss mini-champs just sitting there.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10 ingreds dropping per champ is too much. 3-5 max. I'd lean toward 3+1 per attacker.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, I'm in the Cavern of Discarded right now... The ratmen bosses have WAY too much HP. They're like peerless level in HP, but are a total joke to kill. It's just a waste of time.

Shiznit Bo'Bourbon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Ok, I'm in the Cavern of Discarded right now... The ratmen bosses have WAY too much HP. They're like peerless level in HP, but are a total joke to kill. It's just a waste of time.
Yeah I dunno what the point of those is. They have a billion HP and almost no offensive ability, so you sit there bored out of your mind half-AFK killing them. They should be dangerous but take only a reasonable amount of time to kill for an exciting battle.

K

Kayne

Doom system is great as it is now. The original one was a nightmare where people had to cooperate so that few could get their "unique" items.
A lack of community and cooperation is whats wrong with UO. Don't get me wrong I don't believe in the old doom system as it was unfair. But I do disagree with anything that removes the need to interact with other players and erodes the community.

However on the flip side I also disagree with these new monsters that require 100 people to take down (speaking specifically about game wide events) its nice not to require a group when taking part just because every mob is stupidly hard and/or does more damage than I could ever hope to.
As I've said recently somewhere else the moonglow invasion during the book of truth events and the early phases of the magincia invasion were brilliant because at the time of the BoT event I was on a newbie character with a rubbish suit and I still managed to take part and had loads of fun.

S

Sevin0oo0

They have a billion HP and so you sit there bored out of your mind half-AFK killing them.
LOL, I went and made a sandwich and ate it the other day. I am looking at adding 'auto-fire' to my left click mouse - it's all hardware. I'll just watch tv till the end. zzzzzz

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like the drop rate for artifacts is about 1%. For the amount of time it takes to complete a mini-champ and for the next to respawn, I think the drop rate should be around 5%. Then people will kill the renowns and adventure more in the abyss.

What I think is a better option is to overlay a doom-like point system for all mobs in the underground and abyss. You can still have your abysmal chance of getting a drop off the renowns, but then for every mob you kill you get points toward a random auto-drop.
Can we have this please? I am farming these darn spawn for ages just to get certain useless arties for my collection. It horrible. Can we get a better droprate please? It's such a waste of time!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can we have this please? I am farming these darn spawn for ages just to get certain useless arties for my collection. It horrible. Can we get a better droprate please? It's such a waste of time!
That would be a pretty welcome change. And mayhap they could apply it to the peerless drops as well.
The UO RNG just hates players, so it gets frustrating to do peerless bosses over and over knowing that you have pretty much no chance to get a drop (hello 200+ Dreadhorn runs since Eodon with only mushrooms, mangled head, pristine head and horn to show off...).

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The same Renowned Pixie has been sitting in the Abyss on Atlantic all day. The spawn with the fairy dragons has been sitting at level 3 all day. Same with a few others. People farm imbuing materials and just leave when the boss pops, because nobody is that interested in a 1% chance at an artifact worth like 200k.

Yeah I can grind through the last of the previous spawn before farming my own imbuing mateirals, but the boss is supposed to be the culmination of a spawn. Not a big worthless lump you leave sitting there for the next sucker to waste their time on.

Make the bosses drop imbuing materials, or just have them despawn if no one kills them, or something. I dunno. When the boss is just some pile of crap speedbump that you abandon, SOMETHING isn't tuned right.
I feel like a lot of monsters need reason to hunt them. All old artifacts need a revamp pretty much. Reminds me of the old "revamp an arti" thread I made like a year or two ago.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean, you get 100k-1 mil for most items nobody even want them except the tinker leggings...

I just want some jewelry pieces for my collection. On Siege most people even don't know many of these... I love the Abyss so much. But its easier to get 20 Tangles than one pair of Dragon Jade Earrings. I hate it.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not changing the rate to 5-10 percent? I don't need a revamp, but let it rain, folks!

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I love finding a lone boss in Abyss! I'll be happy to come down and take care of the problem! :thumbsup:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I love it when someone leaves the boss up in the abyss. having more essence drop on the bosses is a waste of devs time in my opinion. there's already too much essence around and is easy to get. with the new loot and new shadow guard items, many things are not worth doing like they use to be. crafting is also affected by the new changes. I'm always surprised how a lot of work/time and effort gets destroyed .

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Listen, that might be true for Prodo but not for Siege. And I am collector. I dont mind if there are newer loot parts. I got a jewelry museum and things like torc of guardians, obsidian earrings, dragon jade earrings and so on simply do not exist here. And dev time? Come on... Many people demanding a change of droprates for years. It's a simple task for a programmer, you just open the file and change a number. You can google it how it works on freeshards. So, please do not undermine your thread. Many if us care for those encounters and don't want to buy stuff.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Why not changing the rate to 5-10 percent? I don't need a revamp, but let it rain, folks!
I suggest asking for 30 to 50% instead, just to be sure...
Cora's drop rate is supposedly 30%... and out of 20 runs I only got a drop in one run so far.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You realize if the drop is increased, the price will drop, and then everyone will think the loot is worthless?

Slow drop rate = high prices. High drop rates = low prices.

I think arties should drop for a period of time ( a couple of years, even), but then replace the arties with something else. The old becomes a rare, the new becomes a high priced item, everybody is happy.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who cares for the price of a 7 year old Artie nobody uses, nobody has, many even don't know... The price is irrelevant: What is the difference of a pair of obsidian earrings you hardly ever get and can buy for 300k once in a while or the same earrings appearing 5x more often for 75k? I am not talking about peerless loot of the highest level, I am talking about dragon jade earrings, osidian earrings, demon bridle ring, torc of guardians... Ever farmed skeletal dragon renowned? I mean, that guy and his mob don't even drop essences you could use. 200 o f these skel dragons including spawn for a demon bridle ring and no other attractive things? Are you kidding me? Do you even know the items and places I am talking about? How many fire demons renowned did you farm in your life? I did 2000 and more of these mini champs with my own arthritic hands and you are teaching me about market and prices? WTF! Damn capitalist nonsense. I bet you are from Atlantic... Come to Siege and try to PLAY the game instead of buying your way through it... *shakes head*

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, its not. I am living in a capitalist country myself and enjoying it. Its just how it feels when you are grinding and grinding and grinding and giving your very best to acquire things by your own hands and then a nice fella hops in and jokes: "Why do you work so hard, old man! Just buy the stuff..." I mean, come on... What´s virtuos and brave about this ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I hear ya and agree with ya there man. I been grinding, grinding, grinding and grinding with that dadgum Medusa and still no slither or other good drop. Same thing does happen with the mini champs, I probably did to 800 or more Wyvern and Devour Renowneds before Tink legs dropped. But, like you I try to avoid actually buying things that currently spawn..

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If this will not be fixed - to get those items more easier by game playing - what I call urgenst of all fixes ;) - you have nothing other choice realizing your item dreams ingame :(
I feel complety with you. I hate this too. Since I'm getting older with this game I've lost the patience that I had at the beginning..... :eek: - that's a bitter truth...

I'm also sure that someone had already told this to the devs... but I'm not sure if they have put it on their backlog ....

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to both of you... Its just so stupid! You can google how the free-shard guys manipulate the game files and simply change the droprate for each mob with entering one single number: Instead of 1/200 for example 5/200, 10/200, 20/200... Still a rare enough. And no waste of dev time. One day work or less. It´s just a primitive database with numbers... I understand the market argument on Prodoshards maybe a bit. But on Siege it is ridiculous, given the risk of even loosing it by getting looted. Devs should really give artie-hunters some incentives. Hell, ever got a Venom? Who even uses that piece of junky jewelry. I just want it for my collection...