• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Absolutely Pathetic GM Support

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I have an account that is bugged. I quit factions a couple weeks ago, and stilll cannot join another one. So my guildies say I need to page a GM.

Ugh, I hate doing that.

So I page the GM and describe my problem. to which *remove GM Name* responds telling my question is answered in the knowledge base. The answer?:
Why Can't I Join Factions:
1) You may not be on a Young Account
2) You may not have any other characters on the Account in opposing factions.

Oh really? Did you even read my page? I said I quit factions(hence not young) (hence not in factions) and cannot REJOIN!

So I send another page, explaining that i am not young, and I am not in factions that is the problem. Response?
We understand you would like our involvement with this matter, but we are unable to provide the assistance you are requesting. Please see this article outlining the roles of a Game Master.

Are you F'ing serious? I now understand everyone's pain when describing GM support. This incident has me enraged, its such a simple issue, yet these people have ZERO reading comprehension skills, and ZERO knowledge of what is even going on. I'm not sure if you flat out asked them the name of the game if they would know it.

Pissed.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There's a work around for this but I'm sorry I don't remember it.
Someone else might be able to help.

I have had trouble with GM support recently myself.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That sucks. Sorry that happened. :(

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In-game customer support in this game has always been below average from basically as soon as there was an average to be below, and to my recollection it's never gotten better even once.

We have scattered anecdotes of good GMs. They get more and more scattered, and notice that the good ones are rarely heard from for very long. One might think that EA hired and fired GMs based solely on number of pages handled without judging the quality.

Perish the thought.

It's also pretty clear from in between the lines of what the dev team has stated and written that there's some kind of ridiculous multi-game customer support things going on, where the dev team has little to do with the customer service team. This makes no sense at all but it's very EA.

-Galen's player

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's also pretty clear from in between the lines of what the dev team has stated and written that there's some kind of ridiculous multi-game customer support things going on, where the dev team has little to do with the customer service team. This makes no sense at all but it's very EA.

-Galen's player
Yeah I saw that in the HOC Video chat as well. Ridiculous.

If anyone knows how I can fix this issue myself I'd be greatly appreciative.

Stupid Support. Really got me all twisted up. Makes me really question having 6 accounts at 15 a month. I was already planning on downsizing, this makes it a much easier decision.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...Makes me really question having 6 accounts at 15 a month. I was already planning on downsizing, this makes it a much easier decision.
It's actually $13 ($12.99) a month, but I digress. If you really want to save money, just go with the six-months-for-$59.99 charge. That makes it $10 a month, saving you $18 a month, which almost pays for 2 of your accounts. And if you say "but I never know if I'm going to be playing 6 months from now": you are obviously dedicated enough to have 6 accounts, you're probably dedicated enough to be playing 6 months from now.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's actually $13 ($12.99) a month, but I digress. If you really want to save money, just go with the six-months-for-$59.99 charge. That makes it $10 a month, saving you $18 a month, which almost pays for 2 of your accounts. And if you say "but I never know if I'm going to be playing 6 months from now": you are obviously dedicated enough to have 6 accounts, you're probably dedicated enough to be playing 6 months from now.
Its actually 14.12 for me (kansas has an internet tax), but I digress.

My saying that wasn't to get into a discussion of best ways to save money paying for accounts. It was stated to say whether im paying 10 dollars or 15 dollars a month. at 6 accounts, and the numerous others who have multiple accounts there is money going in. We should all be receiving better service.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Its actually 14.12 for me (kansas has an internet tax), but I digress.

My saying that wasn't to get into a discussion of best ways to save money paying for accounts. It was stated to say whether im paying 10 dollars or 15 dollars a month. at 6 accounts, and the numerous others who have multiple accounts there is money going in. We should all be receiving better service.
Oh I agree.... I sent them a nasty gram about support. You should get an email from them saying that you paged.... reply to that ... and tell them how you feel.

You know one way I know how is to have a friend who ISN'T in factions... put you in a Guild... that he is the leader of..... then have HIM Join factions... that will automatically put you into the faction when the guildleader joins.

I think that's how it works.

So none of the characters on your account are now in any faction?

Weird.

S

Sevin0oo0

Google UO Review - pick 5-6(or more) places and go tell about your 'support'.
I think the only way to fix it is from the outside in, 'cause they aren't gonna fix it until they become a laughing stock in the industry.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you need to do is take each char to fel and and say "What is my faction term status". If the char is is factions and hasn't quit it will say something to the effect of "you are not in the process of quiting the faction". If you are still in the process of quiting it will say "your term of service will come to an end in x days", and if the char isn't in factions it won't say anything. It could be you have a char in factions that your not aware of or you have a bugged char. At least you can then tell the GM that I did this with all chars none are in factions or this char was taken out of factions x number of weeks ago but it says it still has x number of days.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have an account that is bugged. I quit factions a couple weeks ago, and stilll cannot join another one. So my guildies say I need to page a GM.

Ugh, I hate doing that.

So I page the GM and describe my problem. to which *remove GM Name* responds telling my question is answered in the knowledge base. The answer?:
Why Can't I Join Factions:
1) You may not be on a Young Account
2) You may not have any other characters on the Account in opposing factions.

Oh really? Did you even read my page? I said I quit factions(hence not young) (hence not in factions) and cannot REJOIN!

So I send another page, explaining that i am not young, and I am not in factions that is the problem. Response?
We understand you would like our involvement with this matter, but we are unable to provide the assistance you are requesting. Please see this article outlining the roles of a Game Master.
Your character here is in a guild? Are you the GM? I ask because you say "my guildies"

If not then you need to quit the guild to join.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I've just about had it with the game.

If it's not broken, it's 'not finished yet'... hell, I don't think our "leader" even plays UO.

There is NO GMs at all. When a player on Cats can spam the "N" word at ppl for days on end and an ENTIRE GUILD pages on them and they are still around.... yeah, there are no GMS.

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If it's not broken, it's 'not finished yet'... hell, I don't think our "leader" even plays UO.

There is NO GMs at all. When a player on Cats can spam the "N" word at ppl for days on end and an ENTIRE GUILD pages on them and they are still around.... yeah, there are no GMS.
What he said..... Especially when the person in question laughs and boasts his father is a GM . Time to clean house guys

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What he said..... Especially when the person in question laughs and boasts his father is a GM . Time to clean house guys
You'd really have to be gullible if you believe everyone who says their dad or mom is a gamemaster. I'd say a safe estimate of 99% of people who say that are full of it.

T

Tox The Murder

THis is why so many ppl are switching to free shards...Suckish GM support....Game is dying and EA doesn't rlly care

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'd really have to be gullible if you believe everyone who says their dad or mom is a game master. I'd say a safe estimate of 99% of people who say that are full of it.
When this person runs around spouting the N word for days and gets paged on by multiple people and does not even get pulled aside or suspended ;you have to wonder if something is rotten in Denmark
And it would not be the first time, we had a bad GM!