• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About the FoF's answer to Garg/Human/Elf items.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to hear you can turn Human/Elf items into Gargoyle ones.

But I'm still complaining and that's because there's no definite direction in this whole issue.

Are races going to be even more separated?
Are only Elves/Humans going to be so similar?
Are all races eventually going to get the same items just with different tags? [Garg only] , [Elf only] etc?

What's the general direction here...? And if a GARGOYLE crafter(and maybe only them) can transfer FROM Human/Elf, logic dictates they could also do the opposite for sure.

And I still believe all players over a certain account age should get A SINGLE, IRREVERSIBLE CHOICE TO BECOME A GARGOYLE FOR A SINGLE CHARACTER PER ACCOUNT OR PER CREDIT CARD(whatever sounds fair), at least if they pre-order.
To me, growing pointy ears and turning neon blue is as impossible as growing wings and sticking horns on your skull so IMHO we DO need a Human/Elf to Garg procedure and the opposite or no race-changing AT ALL. Just give everyone that single chance to be something and stick with it from now on or what's the point in not being able to turn into Gargs...

D

D'Amavir

Glad to hear you can turn Human/Elf items into Gargoyle ones.

But I'm still complaining and that's because there's no definite direction in this whole issue.

Are races going to be even more separated?
Are only Elves/Humans going to be so similar?
Are all races eventually going to get the same items just with different tags? [Garg only] , [Elf only] etc?

What's the general direction here...? And if a GARGOYLE crafter(and maybe only them) can transfer FROM Human/Elf, logic dictates they could also do the opposite for sure.

And I still believe all players over a certain account age should get A SINGLE, IRREVERSIBLE CHOICE TO BECOME A GARGOYLE FOR A SINGLE CHARACTER PER ACCOUNT OR PER CREDIT CARD(whatever sounds fair), at least if they pre-order.
To me, growing pointy ears and turning neon blue is as impossible as growing wings and sticking horns on your skull so IMHO we DO need a Human/Elf to Garg procedure and the opposite or no race-changing AT ALL. Just give everyone that single chance to be something and stick with it from now on or what's the point in not being able to turn into Gargs...

I don't really get the complaints about people being able to go from human to garg or to go from elf to human or any combination of that. It sounds like its a win win for all involved to allow players to either create a new character that is garg, human or elf or to convert an existing character to one of these options. Why a person would want to take away that ability is just beyond me. Its not like those that want to create a new garg miss out on anything just because another player is able to convert their human to a garg.

Now, if this was being used as some dupe or scam then I could understand fixing that aspect. But it just seems obvious that you would code things in a way that served as much of your playerbase as you could. Allowing both new characters and converted characters would do that more so than just having one or the other.

And, ya, I know that this topic wasn't the main focus of your post. But you mentioned it and the subject is something I have always been confused about.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think there should be a Human/Elf to Garg quest so that we can trun our crafters into Gargs. My reasoning is that while Soul Stones allow you to make a new char and transfer skills over, you cannot transfer Power Scrolls, Stats, and most importantly recipes. The Devs made sure our crafter had to remain our crafter when they came out with character specific recipes instead of having them in a cookbook like a spell book that could be used by any char. So if you want our crafter to remain our crafter, then allow us to change race by quest.