• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About tailor bods

H

Hariss

I have been working on my tailor. I have been doing BODs and collected all 20 cloths and a few others. I like working on the tailor and the challenge of collecting. But, for people who have been doing this awhile, I am wondering what you do the BODs for? Is the motivation to raise money? Just curious, thanks.

S

Starla

The small clothing BODs are useful for:

1. 20 Exceptional feather hat, surcoat, fancy shirt, short pants can be used to fill up a large BOD for clothing bless deed.

2. All the others small clothing BODs can be filled up and turn in. For every BOD turn in you can get a new one. So using a GM/Legendary tailor to turn in lots of them increase the chance of getting a large BOD and small BODs for runic kits.

3. I also keep the small normal footwear BODs and buy the footwears from NPC to fill up. And turn them in bulk.

H

Hariss

Yes, I understand about the bods but I am wondering what type of rewards do you like to get? After awhile are there rewards that you really like to keep? Or is it mostly just to resell to make money? Thanks.

Z

Ziane

When the BOD system first came out, I collected both tailoring and smith BODs religiously as soon as the timer was up. I filled every LBOD I could and sold on the CBD's, 120 PS's, rugs and tapestries. The money was nice, but it was really just a side effect of enjoying the gathering and getting LBODs together.

As with everything, I gradually lost interest and over the last year or so I've just picked a BOD up if I happened to be at a tailor or smith shop.

Funnily enough I went through my BODs the other day, and it turns out of I have a bunch of decent complete LBODs I could fill, like barbed runic kits. Even so, I find it hard to muster the energy to actually do it.

For me it was never about the money, I just liked the challenge of completing the decent LBODs. Once the excitement wore off I kind of stopped.

I guess the good news is that if the BOD system was ever to get an overhaul with new rewards, I'd have tons to turn in LOL!

Zi

P

paralyzed

I do tailor and smith bods,
I enjoy them both, I like the collecting of them and working towards a reward, for smith i like diong anything for a bronze or beter hammer, and for tailoring, any runic kit or CBD I can get I like working towards.

I do sometimes get burnt out on them, recently did, but then started back up a bit after a bit of a break, I work on them with a few friends of mine, we do it as a small community, almost like a factory on the days when we fill them, someones mining, someones harvesting leather and someone else is fillin the darn thing (i hate filling them, wrist hurts just thinking about it)

but yeah, I do bods for the rewards and the fun of workin with some friends, we either split the profits or save up for like, 3 horned kits and each of us takes one to burn.

*shrugs* so yeah, thats why i do them, for the mix and match with some friends and working with them towards a goal

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
These days, I do the CBD larges, and all the runic larges.

With the changes to the kit intensities back in February (especially the change that all the tailor & smith runics go up to 100% intensity now), you can get some decent things from spined kits on occasion, and it's not like you are going to run short of cloth (reward cloth from turning in all the junk reward BODs as smalls for new ones), and the footwear are all normal for those 20 ct smalls, so you can fill them that way (or by giving them to a fisher).

I occasionally will burn through 1-2 spined kits trying for 70 physical, high-luck 100% LRC suits for friends or even total strangers, just for fun.

I typically save up my cloth smalls other than the ones for spined kits or CBD, then fill them all when I get about 100 of them. I buy the pieces for most the normal ones, and craft the exceptionals and the ones whose items can't be purchased (bonnet, surcoat, full apron, body sash)

The leather smalls that don't go to kits or CBD, I throw the bone smalls away*, then I fill the rest with one of my BOD runners, to slowly train their skill up. Of my 3 tailor not to 120 skill yet (my main tailor's been 120 for 5 years), that I started training this way in March, one is almost to 107 skill, another is in the low 90s, and the last one is in the mid-70s (because, until the one in the 90s got too high to train on leather armor, the lowest one only got to make cloaks, robes and thigh boots for BODs).

I keep enough smalls on hand for 1-2 larges of each set, with all the extra leather BODs going on vendors at cheap prices (really, storage for me, but it won't break my heart if people actually buy the smalls - I need the gold to buy more horned & barbed leather, now that Destard is so dangerous. Most of the smalls I price at 3-5k)

* I keep a few of the normal quality Bone junk BODs of each leather type to fill with rejects from filling the exceptional ones with good rewards.

5% Luck

Ive made about 150 barbed runic kits so far. Mostly pre armslore. My motivation is better armor. I only fill barbed kit larges and CBDs. With runic armor its almost always possible to get a better set up so my armor collection is sacred. I dont sell nor trade any of the good peices i craft. Though I did have many a bad roll I simply cut these back into leather or found use in a cheap lrc suit for the crafter of guildy. I toss all bone bods except for non exp plain leather since these can be filled by hunting skeletons fairly easily.

For smithy I only fill larges for gold hammer-val and 30-60 ash hammers. I do fill an occasional 20 scroll as these still tend to sell high. The hammers I do keep for personal use but the scroll and the PoF i sell for profit.

F

Flora Green

I still collect both tailor and smith bods, but I don't do them anymore. It became tedious and with no new rewards added I got tired of not even CBD's selling. Used to be I couldn't keep them stocked. Two months ago I had one on a vendor for weeks at 250k. Didn't budge. I STILL have it. I'm on a low populated shard though.

At first I really enjoyed bods and my husband and I logged in religiously and filled them all the time. Now that my title has fallen to Proper, I'm thinking of doing bods again. Plus, I have so many books that they are taking up too much space. As for what I turn in, I do all the LBODS. Doesn't matter to me if I get a kit or not. After I get my title back up, I'll pass the remaining bods to a younger tailor on my account to fill.

I'll probably start selling the smith bods. I just really hate doing them. I don't care for smithing at all actually.

C

catship

i was told Arms Lore helps get better bods,dose any one know ???

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, Arms Lore does not help get better BODs.

It does, however, make the things you make better (more resists for armor, higher DI for weapons, when exceptional)