• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About necromancy morph forms

H

hampage

Wraith Form
Words of Power: Rel Xen Um
Reagents: NC, PI
Casting Time: 4 seconds
Mana Cost: 17
Effect: Transforms the Necromancer into the form of a wraith, well-suited for resisting physical damage, but weak against magic. No duration. Casting this spell again or casting another transformation spell dispels it. Once in wraith-form, Necromancers can use the "Recall" spell, as long as the spell is in their spellbook and they have the appropriate reagents. This is true even if their Magery skill is at 0. While under the influence of the this spell, the caster receives:
# +25% damage from silver weapons
# +10% physical resist
# -25% fire resist
# -5% energy resist
# -5% poison resist
# -5% cold resist
# the ability to leech mana
# the ability to walk through people (non-blockable)

what exactly is this ability to leech mana, is it like vampire embrace do with hit points (ie 20% every hit)?

Horrific Beast
Words of Power: Rel Xen Vas Bal
Reagents: BW, DB
Casting Time: 4 seconds
Mana Cost: 11
Effect: Allows you to transform into a terrifying form that grants great physical strength, at the cost of your mind. No duration. Casting this spell again or casting another transformation spell dispels it. While under the effect of this spell, the caster receives:
# +2 hp/sec
# +25% melee damage increase
# increased base hand damage

cost of your mind, how is that? is it mana? you loose all your mana?

increased base hand damage, whats the formula / how much it increase?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cost of your mind = You can't cast spells, other than casting another shapechanging spell to change your form (wraith, lich, and I think the Arcanist reaper forms, as well as casting Horrific beast again to return to human form. Not sure if Polymorph works).

other than those, I think the only spell-like things you can do are use Spirit Speak and weapon special moves.

no idea about the hand damage - I usually use a weapon when in the form.

H

hampage

what about the wraith form mana leech, is it 20% each hit like VE life leech?

W

Walkerboh77

the mana leech is very frequent....on the order of 90% i'd say....

however....i think how much power you leech has to be based on your necro or ss skill or karma level....

i say this because when i was a necro mage a couple weeks ago i could spam certain spells indefinitely and never run out of power....

now when i put some items on to cast shade form or even go buy 40 necro skill i get hardly any power back at all even tho now thanks to the addition of several slayer spell books....i'm doing far more damage....

so i would be inclined to either believe your power return amount/frequency is based off your actual skill or karma (i'm glorious lord now and was the lowest karma while nerco/mage) so it hards to say which it was

H

hampage

or it could work like vampire embranca life leech, a fixed procentage every effective hit...

D

Duku

The drain in wriath form (its not a leech) is based on SS skill (20% at 100 SS, 24% at 120 SS)

H

hampage

The drain in wriath form (its not a leech) is based on SS skill (20% at 100 SS, 24% at 120 SS)
so it´s 2% every 10 points in SS right? where did you get that formula?

what´s the difference between drain and leech?

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The difference between drain from Wraith form and leech from weapons is draining actually takes mana away from the opponents mana pool and gives it to you. So if they have 100 mana and you drain 5 then you get 5 and they go down to 95. If they have 0 then you don't drain anything.
Leech just gives you mana from thin air.

H

hampage

The difference between drain from Wraith form and leech from weapons is draining actually takes mana away from the opponents mana pool and gives it to you. So if they have 100 mana and you drain 5 then you get 5 and they go down to 95. If they have 0 then you don't drain anything.
Leech just gives you mana from thin air.
I see... does every monster have mana? miasmas? ogre lords?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Every creature has at least mana equal to its INT score, even if they don't cast spells.

D

Duku

I dont remember, but as i find the right formula i ll post it ;)

However, for example, you cant do paroxysmus in solo in wraith form, he has very few MP