• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About merge EUROPA and DRACHENFELS. My request to the administration - pls do not close this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Listen to me. Probably some old players(may be old people, with all respect) cannot understand this little sacrifice for this progress.
But this dialog as one of solution, that can be help all players from this shards.

As we know all, all our items, account and all another belong to EA.
And if in one day they decide to make changes, you won't be able to prevent it. Yes. we can leave the game and then somebody lose some money.
But, my opinion, that our task as all UO community. It is help to them with creation this game better and also optimize , isn't it?

We can create more powerful server together, and it will be able to compete with Atlantic. All our rares, castles, items, without people, which will come to this game - nothing. All our memorial places - nothing, if nobody see this.
My idea - it is creation new server for this players with portal only from our shards. Players from another shards cannot come to this server during the time of the transfer(also creation of new characters won't work at the new server some time).
Administration will make portal on one month or (three)two week (it can be work as transfer token) and all people can begin transfer. It will also solve a problem of dead houses - as dead shops in luna, because it is not good for invitations of new players.

And variant for the name of the new server - New Era. =)

With respect to administration and players,
Cronus (shard Europa)

P/s Apologize in advance if my English is not ideal.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why no? Please, can you concretize answer?
You want to destroy all our player towns, all our hard work to build up a 80+ guild alliances. All our shard history. All our house location we worked for all the years. And I can go on for lots more things. If you don't like your shard, YOU move. You are welcome on Drachenfels.

Don't force US to move. You might loose a lot more then you think. If they FORCE me to move, I'm gone and UO will loose a lot more then me.

So the Awnser is NO, NO NO!

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would be in favor of this idea if those suggesting it were to volunteer their own shard to be shut down first.

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You want to destroy all our player towns, all our hard work to build up a 80+ guild alliances. All our shard history. All our house location we worked for all the years. And I can go on for lots more things. If you don't like your shard, YOU move. You are welcome on Drachenfels.

Don't force US to move. You might loose a lot more then you think. If they FORCE me to move, I'm gone and UO will loose a lot more then me.

So the Awnser is NO, NO NO!
I like all shards and respect history any shard. And certainly i like shard where i play now.
But more, I love this game, and I hope that this game will be evolve. Any stop for progress - oblivion...

But with progress always lost something or something changes. This rule of evolution.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Dude I don't want to rain on your parade, but I can see this topic closed very soon.

It's just one of those things that have been overly discussed already.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The developers have said many times they are not going to make new shards, and they are unable to program any type of "shard portal". Clearly you can see the Drachenfels people don't like this idea, please move on to a new topic already.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shards are not going to be amalgamated, you keep on wanting to destroy the history of the shard I play on the hope that it might maybe make the shard you want to play on busier - how many times need we say no to this before you get the message.

You want a busier shard, play on one - they exist. Don't try take away what others have worked on and built.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*raises hand* i volunteer atlantic to be merged into the other shards.
That would almost instantly kill the game lol. Everyone losing their billions, houses, 17 year old guilds, etc.

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The developers have said many times they are not going to make new shards, and they are unable to program any type of "shard portal". Clearly you can see the Drachenfels people don't like this idea, please move on to a new topic already.
With all respect, but isn't necessary to specify that to do to me, ok?

Captn Norrington said:
The developers have said many times they are not going to make new shards, and they are unable to program any type of "shard portal".
What program? Usually scripts. =)
It can be work as transfer token. i cannot see problem in it.

Captn Norrington said:
Everyone losing their billions, houses, 17 year old guilds, etc.
Guilds, house - it is all only cover, certainly, somebody afraid lose money. May be even real money...

My friends, i dont want destroy your history, your houses or your guilds, i cannot understand who prevents you move all this on new ground?

[URL='http://stratics.com/community/members/aurelius.865/']Aurelius[/URL] said:
Shards are not going to be amalgamated, you keep on wanting to destroy the history of the shard I play on the hope that it might maybe make the shard you want to play on busier - how many times need we say no to this before you get the message.

You want a busier shard, play on one - they exist. Don't try take away what others have worked on and built.
Why such big words?
I already feel kind of invader who wants to destroy someone history...

Probably, I think more globally. About game, but not about individual worlds...

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
With all respect, but isn't necessary to specify that to do to me, ok?

What program? Usually scripts. =)
It can be work as transfer token. i cannot see problem in it.

Guilds, house - it is all only cover, certainly, somebody afraid lose money. May be even real money...

My friends, i dont want destroy your history, your houses or your guilds, i cannot understand who prevents you move all this on new ground?

Why such big words?
I already feel kind of invader who wants to destroy someone history...

Probably, I think more globally. About game, but not about individual worlds...
By programs, they meant that there is no technology that exists that they can use to make a shard portal. Computer programming simply does not work that way. Transfer tokens do not transfer your stuff from one shard to the other. What a transfer token does is it deletes everything you have on the first shard, then re-creates a completely new version of it on the second shard. It takes time to do, which is why they take 30 minutes usually.

You say you don't want to destroy peoples houses, how do you expect them to move their houses from one shard to the other, when there will already be a house sitting in that spot on the destination shard.

I asked you to stop obsessing on this, because by making this post you are actually breaking a Stratics rule. The rule is that people are not allowed to create the same thread after the original one has been locked. The original thread about this topic has been locked, therefore this one will also be locked when a moderator sees it.

I have nothing against you, but I have not seen a single person post supporting your idea yet, so clearly not many people are interested in this idea.

Last edited:

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As has already been mentioned this is a topic that has already been closed - over and over and over again.
The Developers have repeatedly said there is no intention to close or merge shards. Please take their word for it and stop stiring up this hornet's nest.

Status
Not open for further replies.