• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About Dark father

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey warriors! I have a question about Dark father. I can solo him with no problems except for the unholy bones. I made a macro to cut bones (lastobject/lastarget) but looks like I'm very slow cutting bones and a lot of undeads start to spawn. Any advice about unholy bones?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Get him to chase you into one of the corners where there are bone piles so that things can spawn, but not hit you. Yeah, the caster stuff will toss the occasional spell on you, but that shouldn't be a problem.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A 100% fire, 50% hit fire area, daemon slayer should also help clearing the area around you pretty well. Dark Fathers have low resists, and with onslaught and double strike you will be hitting him for tons of damage while triggering hit area often enough.
Hit fire area will deal 50% of the damage you dealt to him before resist to the spawn around you when triggered. And if things get ugly you can whirlwind.

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you for the answers. If I use one-handed weapons will be radiant scimitar the best option(whirlwind)? or which swordsmanship weapon do you recommend me?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd go with a scimitar for double strike. You will need high bushido for momentum strike to help deal with extra spawn around the dark father with that, though.
The radiant scimitar is fast, but ridiculously weak. Weak means low damage, low damage means low results for life leech and mana leech.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I use a scimitar when I am in there. I don't bother killing the spawn at all until after the Father is dealt with. If you had a scimitar, and were doing DS, and you're using onslaught, and the scimitar had hit fire area, that would take care of most of the spawn no problem. The only think that'd take a while is Rotting Corpses... but they can't hit you unless you let them, so it isn't a worry.

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't have Bushido. My skills are 120 chivalry 120 swordsmanship 120 tactics 120 parry 120 healing 120 anatomy.

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The other night I decided to revisit doom. It's been a couple of years since I have been there. First thing that struck me was how easy it is. I did 5 runs 1-2 DF's plus the gauntlet each five times, got 1 drop. This used to be a really fun place to go now it seems very underwhelming imo instead of a just adding new champs and new lands how about going back and revamping some of the older areas? Imbuing has made 90% of Arties useless, but that's another topic altogether.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The other night I decided to revisit doom. It's been a couple of years since I have been there. First thing that struck me was how easy it is. I did 5 runs 1-2 DF's plus the gauntlet each five times, got 1 drop. This used to be a really fun place to go now it seems very underwhelming imo instead of a just adding new champs and new lands how about going back and revamping some of the older areas? Imbuing has made 90% of Arties useless, but that's another topic altogether.
Couldn't agree more. I've suggested many times that the lands are all too barren, I think most areas should have huge random spawns that can spontaneously occur. I would also LOVE it if they made it so that more opposing groups (like Ophidians/Terrathans) fight each other. Imagine two huge spawns of each fighting in the middle and you could get right in the middle of the action, pick a side or obliterate all, with fast/near instant respawn timers. I think they also need to remove ALL anti-class coding from the game... meaning things that can't be Provoked/Peaced/Discorded/killed by pets/HLL, it's purely lazy on their part not to code things to be more difficult without completely discriminating a class. For example corrupted life leech, get rid of it, but make those monsters hit Blood Oath frequently. No Provoke, get rid of it but make those encounters spawn 5x the spawn. If I've invested skill points in a hunting template and have the player skill to deal with workable mechanics why the f can't I use them?! Just as it's also lazy of them to throw in new items any time they update anything. Make the loot better and the gold higher, possibly get rid of gold altogether and have it so you don't have a limit, have some item that automatically cashes it to your bank. Or do they think the Bag Of Sending ant quests are still relevant?

Doom is a joke these days, I can literally solo the entire place with an ML artifact instrument. I've also solo'd it on a 7x GM Virtue suit character using only Ninjitsu and Chivalry. I'd say any template can do Doom, same as Champ Spawns and most Peerless.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
My biggest pet peeve against "anti" piece of code is the Semidar code. She's super easy to kill with a female template, but simply not possible for a male.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
My biggest pet peeve against "anti" piece of code is the Semidar code. She's super easy to kill with a female template, but simply not possible for a male.
There's a few work arounds like Wraith/Ninja Forms. (But still agree with the main point anti coding is stupid.)

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Semidar is pretty easy if you can maintan the polymorph spell